Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Looks like the platform is stepping up the game for retail trading with some serious tools— read the article @whywescalp and noticed ‘Why brokers are switching to ActTrader’, interesting. Supporting REST and other handy APIs is something I would like to explore , crypto-friendly is the need of the hour, and EAs is another big shot.

nice nice!

That may be true, their services have been available since 2000, and how many retail brokers are using them?, you would think that they would have gained some retail market share after 23 years in business

Retail brokers mostly use them for their other services and not for their platform

2 Likes

Ultimately the market will decide whatever the next preferred platform will be. Smaller shops are adopting whatever platform that will work with them. Hardly an indication of platform success.

2 Likes

Indeed, no one beats the market.

Ill be happy to see MT4/5 (a Russian company) finally loosing to ACT Trader (an American player) in the same industry.

for those who are keen, I will share my findings about the platform once I get some time and have played more with it.

1 Like

The bigger (and regulated) players have shown zero interest in dropping Metatrader.

You’re basically blowing your load over small offshore bucketshops doing something that the bigger brokerages have no appetite for.

2 Likes

Apologies if I touched a wrong chord with my russia vs american comment :pray: . No pun intended.

However I’ve been in forex industry long enough to tell you that fxcm trade station is ACT Trader with their own custom skin on it (download both those platform and compare the similarities and you will know what Im taking about.

Same goes for AVA Go Trader and Hirose. As per ACT Platform they have transacted over 400 trillion USD in notional value.

Whats notable is that ACT slowly went towards institutional clients but they are still used by other “newer” brokers like fxview and they are getting serious about it.

It is not healthy to have monopoly in any industry and sooner or later every monopoly comes to an end. This time it is happening in trading platforms.

Its important for the readers of this thread because MT will slowly close more and more offshore brokers and if we have adaptability then we can survive, else we will be arm twisted to go to “regulated Onshore” brokers because CFTC will not stop unless they force MT to close brokers that they done like.

My intention is to simply share information and not pick a fight here on the thread. I hope you will take it positively and also share your genuine thoughts about ACT Trader or any platform that is supporting offshore brokers and can help the trading community of this thread in general.

That goes to me and cryptosurf point, Majority of brokers don’t use the ACT platform directly, either they are using their own or customizing it to suit the needs of their customers

4 Likes

Withdrawals are definitely taking longer than normal with Hanko now…
Closing in on twenty-four hours on a weekday request.

1 Like

It is my understanding that ACT (ActTrader Technologies) is owned by Finvasia, which is an Indian fintech company.

Even if it wasn’t, I cannot understand why you would want an American company to gain a foothold among offshore brokers, since doing so would likely expose them to more regulatory overreach.

To be honest, I cannot understand why you seem to be pushing this so hard here. You seem to have some kind of agenda at this point and you and your ACT buddies sound like shills.

3 Likes

-As mentioned, this is definitely something to watch out for among all of the brokerages that suddenly dropped meta. The massive exodus that they are all likely experiencing (just my guess), could have negative implications on their ability to stay afloat.

The delays could also be a result of their migration, as I know that even their support are being inundated with traders experiencing issues and asking questions etc… The way that this was handled, at Hanko, specifically, was very bad.

2 Likes

Correct. ACT Trader was founded in the U.S. in 2000, and acquired by Finvasia in 2020. Contact info for ACT Trader lists a U.K. office address and U.K. phone number.

2 Likes

Hugosway migration from MT4 was the worst I’ve heard so far. Withdrawals were delayed, the balance on the new platform wasn’t correct, and so on. it was so bad Hugosway went back to MT4.

Overall, MT4 is very popular and retail traders are not ready to dump it just yet

1 Like

Americans will no longer be able to trade offshore the day this happens

1 Like

Hi everyone, I have a question, I was trying to register with
https://prosperity4x.com/, but the registration URL redirects to https://trade.envifx.com/auth/register

the domain changes, is this how they work? anyone please?

They have merge

Ah, thank god I got worried. Their emails are landing in spam :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Moreover, Envifx now charges 0.5% for depositing crypto, and there’s now a maximum and a fee for withdrawals

1 Like

Bingo, that’s a big factor they may face.

Users may simple leave the broker, rather then learn a new platform. Especially if they already have indicators, EA’s that they have and or purchased from MetaTrader.

A good bulk of MetaTrader’s revenue comes from the marketplace. They have made it easy for buyers and especially sellers.

If I were to take on Metrader market dominance, I would gear a good portion to make a similar marketplace.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

downloaded Hugosway MT4 platform. Max leverage 1:100