Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Cue Banks’ firm. TopTier is not spoken about much; it is not one of the top firms. There are not-so-good rumors.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know that is his firm, I’m familiar with banks but wasn’t aware it was his firm.

The Future of Prop Firms in 2024

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone!

I’m new to this thread and wish everyone large profits and success in 2024.

Question: I currently live in Canada and have been using EagleFX for 2 years now. They have been absolutly great and never had an issue. With all the uncertainity with unreg. Brokers lately, are we finding less options out there? Will there be a time where we won’t have an offshore option? Just preparing for a plan B.

Thanks!

Yes

Possible, I suggest you start planning for plan B

I agree completely. I have been working on a plan B for some time now, and the options aren’t great. Forex.com just released MT5 in their platforms and I am testing that with my EA I use to see how it does. Hopefully our options get a little better, but I am not expecting miracles.

It’s something you should analyze yourselves.

It won’t matter unless you meet a criteria.

The account should be at least three months old.

You make consistent withdrawals once or twice a week adding to around sub 10% and higher.

The amount is at the very least several grand if your using say 300x leverage…use this as a basis…so for example 5000usd x 300lev = 1500000

You’ve already withdrawn all your deposit and are trading on their dime.

You guys need to realize this is a performance activity. There’s a stark contrast between that mediocrity. The vast majority from what I’ve seen are the latter.

You guys need to be doers rather than talkers.

You have to stop looking to be spoon fed. You need to be problem solvers. There’s such more that makes a trader. People don’t realize this, I even thought anyone could achieve some sort of meaningful impact past mediocrity, but the more time I read these forums I’ve come to the conclusion that’s wrong.

Most of what it takes is inherent and so are the challenges you posses.

I spoke to their customer support and was told I’d remain a customer since I was a US ftmo trader before they made their rulling.

I don’t understand why you brought it up, anyway. Thanks for your insightful opinion.

2 Likes

No kidding. He came out of nowhere telling us things we already know.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your great wisdom with us, lowly newbs. I really feel like I can make a meaningful move past mediocrity now. The sky’s the limit, boys…

2 Likes

While becoming an Eligible Contract Participant (ECP) might offer some benefits, I have no desire to do so at this time

These are the typical responses that I always see on these forums.

That’s why I don’t talk trading.

It’s amazing how triggered people get.

Amateurs really want their asses patted.

It really isn’t worth the hassle to try to help. I’ve learned that about the people on fx forums long time ago.

Delusional.

2 Likes

And yet here you are.

2 Likes

I have no idea how you got sidetracked from the topic at hand and started making assumptions about the traders in this thread.

what was the point of your post? if you had read previous posts in this thread you would have seen that we are not in the training phase of trading, our goal here is to find suitable brokers to trade with.

1 Like

-This seems to be a common theme lately. People make comments that are obviously provocative and condescending in nature, and then act surprised when the comments are not well-received. The behavior is often paired with delusions of grandeur. Same thing happening over at ForexFactory.

2 Likes

This guy @HATCH13 is so negative, he has been constantly spreading hatred, he is unwelcoming to new participants and disrespectful towards old ones. He has been bad mouthing only. He joined this forum a year back but has been active only in the past month, which makes him a ‘veteran’ and some newbie ‘shill’. Whatta dud! Is there no moderation procedure to get such people out?

Just don’t reply to any of the posts. Ignore them like they are not here.

1 Like

There are definitely some suspicious activity going on in this thread from low / new post members

1 Like

Hi guys, been using coinexx for a couple of years off & on.
My question is has anyone experienced a weird 2-4p price slip on U30 (Dow Index), to what the MT5 bid & ask line is actually showing since past Friday?
Market is slow(not volatile) and opening eg a sell order is opening at 3-4points away from ask line price. Even a stop loss, mt5 is at ask line but still order is closing 4points away in the future (ie. Candles or bid/ask line arent there at all?)

Is this normal for brokers?