Going offshore to escape the CFTC

-That is what I am saying. Entities that are regulated (pay-to-play) will be fine. US-based brokers and futures brokers, for example, will be fine, even though they accept US traders.

1 Like

hey guys, long time lurker here. thanks for all the help & information you all have provided for US traders.

Iā€™m considering opening an account with MidasFX but concerned with the longevity of their MetaQuotes license when you can create an account & trade after 30 seconds with just an email?

does anyone here use MidasFX?

you can create an account & trade after 30 seconds with just an email

Some forex brokers and crypto exchanges make it very easy to send them money (or crypto) and trade, but when you want to withdraw, then they hit you with onerous KYC requirements.

3 Likes

Received the following this morningā€¦

LQDFX Important Notice

Dear Mark,

Weā€™re writing to share some exciting news about your trading experience.

We are pleased to inform you that we have successfully agreed terms to be acquired by an innovative broker, namely PlexyTrade. This has been a customer-driven decision as we are certain that it will enhance the products and services available to you, which will subsequently improve your trading experience. A list of the additional offerings made available to you by PlexyTrade, as follows:

• Expanded Product Offering - New assets available
  • MT4 & MT5 Platform (Web and Mobile Apps included)
  • New Next-Gen Trading platform (coming soon)
  • Improved Trading Conditions (lower commission)
  • A wider range of Alternative Payment Methods
  • VPS Services
  • Trading Analysis powered by Trading Central
  • Enhanced Security Measures
  • Improved Customer Support

As a result of the acquisition, all customer accounts will be migrated to PlexyTrade on Saturday, May 4th, at 09:00 CET. The migration is expected to be completed by the end of the same day.

What Will Happen to My Account?

Live Accounts, including all history and open positions, will be migrated to the PlexyTrade Live servers and will be unaffected by the migration.

• Your Account Number and password will remain the same . Once the migration is completed, you will simply need to download the PlexyTrade MT4 client terminal, log in, and continue to trade as normal.
  • You will be contacted by PlexyTrade on the 4th of May once the migration has been completed, confirming that the migration of your account has been successful.

What if I have Questions?

You can reach out to our customer support team 24/5 via live chat, phone, or email.

A New Era of Trading Excellence

Your relationship with us and the high level of support youā€™ve grown accustomed to will continue uninterrupted.

Best regards,

The LQDFX Team

EnviFX bought ProsperityFX and simply stole ProsperityFX customersā€™ money.
Didnā€™t similar happen with Turnkey?

Be careful. It goes without saying that you can always lose your entire deposit.
But there are levels of risk.
Risk of losing entire deposit when a brand new offshore company takes over is extremely high.

Yes, my post should be obvious to everyone and I have stated it before. Still it should be repeated.
Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious (hoping) if LQDfx is doing it for access to the new platform ā€œcoming soon.ā€

No, Turnkey was acquired by Coinexx and Iā€™ve been with them from Turnkey.

Kinda need to tone down the fear mongering a bit.

I sent them two emails which were responded by the automated replyā€¦then I was sent a different generic email with a copy/paste reply telling me to they tried callingā€¦I didnā€™t receive any callsā€¦and for me to respond to that email, which I did.

So if I donā€™t see any emails Iā€™m calling.

Thanks! It was Finpro.

Iā€™m not fear mongering at all. Traders have lost money during some of these mergers.
A heads up is entirely warranted.

1 Like

post withdrawn

Just got off the phone with my account rep and everything seems good.

For those of you that donā€™t have funds in your accountā€¦more than a few pennies, you need to deposit some and email customer support: AS @ Lqdfx . com

1 Like

Personally, I would withdraw all my money and wait three to six months to see how the reviews are and what traders are saying.

After speaking with LQDfx, my anxiety has decreased. A little.

Itā€™s all a risk, and my account is small.

Weā€™ll find out this upcoming weekendā€¦

Those of you that move money via BTC broker or whatever should think twiceā€¦

WTF happened to the fees. Theyā€™re INSANE right now. Theyā€™re like thirty percent if Iā€™m not mistaken.

I take that backā€¦theyā€™re over FIFTY! I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on Iā€™m so confused about
thisā€¦out of left field.

Think itā€™s because I was sending a small amount to keep the lqdfx account active. But still theyā€™re abnormally high from Coinbase those ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

2 Likes

Yes bitcoin fees are up, In spite of how much I love LQDFX and they are on my personal trusted broker list, I was getting hit hard when I withdrawn from them compared to my other brokers, same can be said on deposits. even though they say they donā€™t charge fees.

Thinking of todayā€™s call with LQDā€¦ the gentleman stated they were voluntarily being acquired and will retain autonomy. Also shared they would be offering a new trading platform as well as adding another liquidity provider enabling tighter spreads/commisions.

One surprising tidbit was his describing LQD as having only an A Book, no B.

will MT4 Still be available

Here is LQDFX Answer to my question.

The following is a record of your online chat.

Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

Info: You are now chatting with Harris.

Hello, how may I help you?

james: will MT4 Still be available for U.S. Clients with PlexyTrade

Harris: Kindly contact [email protected].

james: ok

I wonā€™t contact LQDFX since I no longer trade with them, and Iā€™m leaning towards them not offering MT4 platform to U.S. clients.

Remider, this was the same chat a month or so ago where they assured me MT4 will be around in the future, and I am not knocking them for that, but it goes to show that there is no broker that accepts US citizens that is immune from Metaquote raft.

1 Like

Yes and MT5.

they told you that?