Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I checked my Micro account spreads vs my Gold (Raw) account spreads.
Looks like you have a Micro account which they say on the site has typical spread of 0.7.

1 Like

Who’s “they”? I’m trading lots btw…

Edit: I’m not trading with lqd or plexy currently.

1 Like

‘They’ are Plexytrade, I thought that’s what the convo was about but after re-reading your post, you clearly stated offshore brokers in general. Pardon the misunderstanding.

1 Like

I think the pics I just posted from my feed - not Plexy - have VDP written all over it as well.

face palm

No worries man. So you didn’t notice any interruptions this morning like the two others Plexy traders who posted earlier today?

1 Like

Well the reason I would be concerned is that they technically do not accept US clients, when registering for a trading account you have to select another country. Would this make them deny a withdrawal if there is a document check?

I’m getting 1.6 to 1.8 pips slippage plus spread with coinexx opening and another 1.8 at closing audusd positions since yesterday, I chatted with their representative and he said is because Orthodox Easter Tuesday or something like that. Banks close and no liquidity.

3 Likes

They accept US traders. They do not require KYC. But anything is always possible. When trading with any broker, you must do your own, due diligence and mitigate risk accordingly. Do not risk more than you are willing to part ways with.

2 Likes

Same here. massive slippage for no reason even thought the spread is displayed tight by a few pipettes on the terminal. Regardless if you wait to execute when the spread is tight their server still executes you at enormous slippage given the conditions at the time. This is happening in all market hours and sessions. Something is wrong and they keep giving me canned responses along with the holiday excuse. Again this is happening during all sessions and conditions.

Started a ticket yesterday and no response yet. I doubt they’re going to reimburse me for the lost dollars due to this.

2 Likes

This is happening again starting yesterday and I remembered your post. Seems they don’t care to keep things copacetic.

2 Likes

Nothing unusual. Some of the symbols have a ‘.pro’ suffix so I had to update my list of symbols from the LQDFX symbols. The servers auto updated to plexy’s servers. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I’ve had better execution throughout Christmas week with any other broker I’ve used. I honestly think they’re exploiting the whole “orthodox” holiday excuse.

I just got 1.8 pips in slippage on eurusd…

It’s been like all hours since Sunday.

Is Coinexx serious?..

Here we go

Robinhood Reveals Crypto Warning From SEC

Robinhood (HOOD) has revealed that it received a warning from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) due to its US crypto business. The financial services company is due to report its Q1 earnings on Wednesday, 8 May. It had revenue of $471m in Q4 2023, with more than 9% of that total coming from the fees charged on crypto transactions.

Robinhood pointed out that the SEC warning notice was received on 4 May and is what’s known as a Wells notice. It’s based on the fact that SEC staff have recommended that action be taken due to the company’s alleged violation of registrations, which was done after the agency made a preliminary determination.

This could lead to one of several outcomes in the future if the action leads to a public court proceeding, including a cease-and-desist order or a fine, among other options. Dan Gallagher, the chief legal and compliance officer at Robinhood, stated in a blog post:

After years of good faith attempts to work with the SEC for regulatory clarity including our well-known attempt to ‘come in and register,’ we are disappointed that the agency has decided to issue a Wells Notice.

Robinhood Reveals Crypto Warning From SEC LeapRate

Bittrex Ceases Its Operations for Good After the US Bankruptcy

Bittrex announced late yesterday that it would cease all operations after its legal troubles with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) forced it to file for bankruptcy in the United States. The company will cease all its global operations after the SEC’s onslaught.

Bittrex Ceases Its Operations for Good After the US Bankruptcy LeapRate

4 Likes

I just opened and close a couple of audusd positions at my coinexx account and got no slippage, from now on I’ll open small positions at first to check there in no slippage and then start to trade.

2 Likes

It wasn’t even a UK bank holiday 7th of May and there was bad slippage all sessions. …I don’t buy it that was the reason. The grift is high with Coinexx as of late.

The spreads on the quotes were tight and I was still getting filled with horrible slippage…C’mon, who do they think they’re kidding.

Which one’s which broker on each of those pics?

edit: Okay I missed the spread number labeled in red…2 for Plex and 5 for Coinexx.

1 Like

Can you please explain what you mean by the above?

1 Like

Yeah, no sense in getting killed on spread and slippage as it’s already hard enough to make money.

If all things considered are the same with the addition of lower costs from the point the deposit hits the account and to the withdrawals I’m in. Of course the big thing is Mt4 stability and licensing. Then the ultimately the stability of the broker…

2 Likes

Better trading conditions on Plexy today, no frozen server bs… can confirm as far as the deposit/withdrawal fees go they’re an upgrade from LQDFX. Amount was almost the same both on the deposit and withdrawal using Confirmo

4 Likes