Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Better trading conditions on Plexy today, no frozen server bs… can confirm as far as the deposit/withdrawal fees go they’re an upgrade from LQDFX. Amount was almost the same both on the deposit and withdrawal using Confirmo

4 Likes

THAT is good to hear, thank you!

1 Like

Is it me or has anyone else notice it’s 10x harder to have a winning trade with Coinexx?

I just got over a 40 pip slippage on a major pair release There’s no question in my mind after analyzing what was going on with Coinexx all week that the slippage is in fact induced by artificial mechanism and is not a case of market liquidity by itself.

1 Like

After trading with Coinexx for a while my suspicions that there’s something more going on with this and probably most off-shore “ecn” brokers than is being revealed.

I don’t necessarily want to start a rabbit hole, but there’s nuances with profound impact that I’m noticing again and again that wasn’t there in the start. I don’t want to be so opaque about this many of you are buy and holders, swing traders etc. But for people that trade daily moves…or at least try to with Coinexx and other “ecn” brokers I think it’s worth noting.

I also want to say that it’s not a case of “boogey man” syndrome either. There’s something real going on and can’t be chalked up to “bad trading”, a “slump” or “it’s just the market”.

@Duplacid1 Have you tried loading an EA to track slippage? There are several available if you don’t have one. Here’s a screenshot of the output. I left Coinexx a few years ago after I had two slow withdrawals. I think I posted about it here. It was resolved but I lost whatever trust I had with them.

1 Like

Catching up with all of the problems you guys have been talking about. New traders have less options and some of the veterans sound like boiling frogs. AMP has been mentioned here, so I looked at their MT5 today.

AMP looks OK if I want to position trade with a large account but that’s where it ends. Forget scalping or swing trading (For me).

Conditions I see with AMP:
No hedging
No LIFO
10x spread on EUR/USD (Majors are always zero with non-US brokers)
Stops level = 1 (I won’t trade with a broker that has this)
3x swap cost :face_vomiting:
1:200 leverage (I prefer a lot more)
Commission looks comparable. Most brokers are between $4-$7 RT depending on volume.
No weekend crypto (I would miss this)
Can’t speak to dep/WD but I can withdraw USDT TRC (free) to my wallet or exchange in under 10min. I receive a text code to confirm and it’s in my wallet in minutes. (Only one broker does this, the others have “processing” time but always less than 24hrs and zero fees).

AMP EURUSD spec:

EURUSD spec from one of my non-US brokers:

BTC is also very tradeable with a spread between 6-15 and I only need $155 to buy 1 BTC or 0.3%

XAUUSD $115 of margin per lot, 0-0.6 spread. FX is less.

Stock CFD’s require 5% margin. FAANG/Mag7 spreads are usually 5-7.

There are always better options. I’m always trying new brokers and I trade where I find the best overall conditions. All of this BS with Metaquotes licenses, ridiculous slippage, gov’t regs (PTD rule, LOL), and withdrawal problems/methods can be bypassed. I’ve done it. First through residency and more recently with an offshore company.

If you’re profitable, there’s no reason to trade in the US unless you’re “high net worth”, have an IRA/401k or position trade. Average traders are treated like farm animals. Keep more of your money and give yourself opportunity to trade with brokers that will screw you less. No broker is perfect. You’re finding the cleanest dirty shirts.

Take the red pill and stop tolerating the abuse and worry.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-11 at 09.21.25_9a5dad73

6 Likes

Prop Firms Still Allowing US Traders

I was looking for sentinel for mt4, but the site close down.

I looked at AMP…are they a CFD broker cause I see they offer a eurusd product, but only with 30:1 leverage.

I’m seriously considering a discord or some sort of live chatt group where only established members on each of these forums that I visit can commiserate and discuss some ideas and observations of “things” that I see with these brokers. Discussions I we could have amongst ourselves. Of course the other topics on forex trading as well.

AMP is futures not CFD

1 Like

@_METHOS started one here https://discord.com/channels/878992601125105704/878992603520069644

A few guys from this thread showed up to chat but it’s been a while.

3 Likes

Hey again guys. So I have been using EagleFX over the past two weeks and so far I have not had any problems with slippage… although I have noticed for some pairs that I like to trade the spread is ridiculous - Oil is like 10 pips and Btcusd was freaking crazy when I entered a trade … right away I was in $20 drawdown with a .01 lot …

So I am deciding to give coinexx a try and finally deposit my funds into an account. Quick Question though, when switching brokers can I withdraw the money from the old account and deposit it directly into my new account without having to send it to another wallet first, or do I have to withdraw from the broker into an external wallet and then deposit from that wallet into my new account? I would like to dodge those fees lol… Thank you!

1 Like

This is the safest option, as most brokers have a time limit on the wallet you are depositing into. Although EagleFx sends withdrawals quickly, I would not send money from EagleFx to Coinexx

1 Like

I have a futures account there but now I’m a bit confused because after the previous posts I made a search and they seem to have a site section for CFDs (which include forex).
https://www.ampglobal.com/forex_cfds/trading_hours_specs_mt5.html

In this page even the indexes spec are presented as any CFD product (for ex 1 per point) and not the pure CME futures contracts spec that I use there.

If you click on “Open Live Account” on AmpGlobal, you get this:

Thank You for your Interest!

We have made a voluntary business decision to no longer support FX/CFD trading.

AMP Global (Europe) is not accepting any new account applications.

2 Likes

Was a decision made last year. See link: Blog | AMP Global (Europe)

They are futures only.

2 Likes

Amp Global was only around for a few years. It was their reach into European market place.

You should try signing up on their main site: Futures Broker | Day Trading Platforms | AMP Futures | AMP Clearing

2 Likes

Coinexx is advertising ACT trader…

WTF

1 Like

With the assumption you mean crypto like BTC…if that’s the case I’d send it to my own wallet first then hop it over to Coinexx’s wallet.

This gives you more control and you can see the tx in the appropriate website if need be (you always should).

I don’t want to sweat it out wondering if the two wallets transacted correctly.