Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Also received the email.
Are they replacing meta for this, mandatory, or would be just to avoid problems with Meta if they onboard US traders ?

1 Like

There is a very good chance that your broker will lose its Metaquotes license if they currently accept U.S. citizens and use Metatrader as their platform

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, sounds promising. Looking into IBC option and details myself. Would you be open to a chat around the same?

1 Like

They donā€™t even require you to disclose your country so who is to know where their clients are from?

So Iā€™m assuming their forex product is a CFD. Maybe theyā€™re just marketing it as a future.

Do you have to wait for settlement to get your money from a position?

There are no CFDā€™s with AMP. They are future contracts.
Futures Contract Specifications | AMP Futures

And no you donā€™t have to wait for settlement to cash out.

1 Like

Thatā€™s oddā€¦futures need to settle in the US for the profit to be taken.

At this point I wouldnā€™t be surprised anymore.

1 Like

Why is that odd? CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) is in the USA.

1 Like

Is AMP offshore?

My US broker settles equity and futures in T+3 so we canā€™t get access to any of the profit till then.

Also have been doing my research into an IBC but have yet to hear back from a credible enough source. If anyone has any contacts/tips I would greatly appreciate.

AMP Futures is not offshore.

1 Like

I was thinking in terms a something like Sype where we could all actually talk for an hour or so every now and then.

Thereā€™s definitely some things I need to discuss. Yet I donā€™t want to spam this thread, but it is ā€œon-topicā€ā€¦

IBCā€™s have been a topic here before. Everyone here is looking for solutions. With the recent prop trading and Metaquotes trouble, the pressure is building.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what the Discord room is for. Ask whatever you want there. It also supports conference calling.

1 Like

-If on-topic, then share it here, if you like. Unless there is some reason that you believe that it will be regarded as spam?

2 Likes

Curious if anyone else is having troubles filling an order with SwayMarkets?

1 Like

No, not spam. But I think itā€™s better to discuss things behind closed doors with people that I know.

Are they using DX trade? How long have you been with them?

edit: just went to their website to ask a question and their chatt is jam-packed with over 40 customers waiting in que. The note says they had ā€œtechnicalā€ difficulties their trying to resolve.

THE BIG NEWS

This is a huge moment for crypto in America ā€“ Congress is considering major legislation that would protect consumers and help crypto thrive in America by providing clear rules and guidelines for the growing blockchain industry. We need you to take action NOW ā€“

EMAIL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS

The bill is called the Financial Innovation and Technology For the 21st Century Act (FIT21), and it contains numerous provisions that would help crypto grow in our country while providing protections for investors and consumers. You can read our one-pager with information about FIT21 here.

Hereā€™s where you come in: members of Congress need to hear from the crypto community about how important this legislation is. Luckily, we make it easy:

Click HERE to be taken to an easy form where you can enter your address and send an email to your member of Congress.

Click HERE to be taken to a simple page that helps you call your member of Congress and leave them a message about where you stand.

Every single action counts. When we raise our voice, we win. The time to act is now.

Email now. Call now.

ACTION HUB

With Congress still considering the major pro-crypto Financial Innovation And Technology For The 21st Century Act (FIT21), itā€™s never been more important to make your voice heard. Click the links below to email or call your member of Congress with our easy tools!

Email Your Member

Call Your Member

2 Likes