Great Trading Strategies

Trade,

Could you give a brief recap of the trades you are currently making? I like the basic rationale of these trades and would like to try them myself in a demo to get a better feel for them.I’ve tried to scour the thread but I think I may have missed somethings. To my understanding, you’re trading the following setups (all times CST and based off 30 min charts). Please let me know what I have incorrect or If I’m missing a pair/setup you are trading.

[B]EUR/USD:[/B]

If 6:30AM candle closes bullish, SELL at 7:00 AM, EXIT at 11:00AM

Target: 10 pips
Stop Loss: 40 pips

If 3:30PM candle closes bullish, SELL at 4:00PM, EXIT at 7:30PM

Target: 10 pips

[B]GBP/USD:[/B]

If 1:30PM candle closes bearish, BUY at 2:00PM, EXIT at 5:00PM

Target 10 pips

Hello thefuture420, thanks for the post.

You are almost correct on the trades listed. Here are the setups for each:

[B]7am CST, pre-US open, EUR/USD trade -[/B]

If the 6:30am CST bar closes up, short at the open of the 7am bar.
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
TP: 20 pips
S/L: 60 pips

[B]3pm CST, GBP/USD trade -[/B]

If the 2:30pm CST bar closes down, buy at the open of the 3pm CST bar.
Exit: at the open of the 5pm CST bar
TP: 10 pips
S/L: 40 pips

[B]4pm CST, AU open, EUR/USD trade[/B]

If the 3:30pm CST bar closes up, short at the open of the 4pm CST bar.
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
TP: 10 pips
S/L: 40 pips

As listed, each of these systems are traded based on CST and the exits are static (meaning that no matter what price action does, time will dictate the trade’s exit if it has not reached TP or S/L).

I have been saying that I will add a new system to this thread for awhile now, and I promise that I will soon…I’ve just been incredible busy with life in general. Thanks to everyone for your patience.

Hopefully this helps!

Also, I forgot to add that the conditions for the AU open trade did not line up today, but we are still in the GBP/USD trade until 5pm.

Grabbed a few pips off the GBP/USD trade but I entered an hour later than I should have :frowning: price hadnt moved much though

Good evening all,

I apologize for the late update, but the GBP/USD trade did not reach our TP or S/L. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6347
Exit Price: 1.6354 (at the open of the 5pm bar)

Trade length: 4 bars
Profit: 7 pips ($70)

I will update the board in the morning. Have a great evening, cheers!

Thanks for the update thefuture420, I am glad to hear that you made a bit of a profit from the trade. Hopefully the conditions line up for the 7am trade tomorrow morning to give you a chance to make a bit higher profit :).

hi tradetillidie… i just checked ur thread… ur sl is more then ur t.p how come???
i mean i ve been readin practicing 1:2 ratio , but here it seems different…
risking 60 gettin 10? how come??? can u plz explain???
anyhow if it is working well for all the peole out there gud luck for them…
but i wud like to peep in the timmings u r mentioning…
GUD LUCK
n HAPPY TRADING

Good morning friends,

The conditions lined up for the 7am CST EUR/USD trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4170
Exit: at the open of the 11am bar
S/L: 1.4230
TP: 1.4150

Good luck!

Hello MrPippps, thanks for the question.

The basis of these trades are a bit different than most that you receive advice on. The two factors that differ sharply from most trades are that they are time/price action based, and that they have a historical, proven track record of working.

As I have mentioned before, the time factor forces you to exit the trade at a certain time regardless of whether you reach TP or S/L. As you place these trades you will find that this concept is a saving grace as often times, if you don’t reach your stop or target, you will still exit the trade before a reversal occurs. This allows you to stay in trades in a calculating way and exactly time your entries and exits.

In addition, these trades have all been backtested for a significant number of years (and no, not using the MT4 platform as its results are often wildly inaccurate) with various sizes of TP and S/L. Historically, the combination of S/L and TP listed for these trades work best, and have done so for many years. Often times a larger S/L will allow your trade to “breathe” a bit before a pair takes a turn in your favor. I only recommend this method of trading for THIS TYPE OF TRADE. If you are a trend/swing trader, you will never want to have a stop that is significantly greater than your limit because the margin of error is much higher.

My continual advice is, that if the market is volatile, trade with a lower lot size. Also, this thread is not meant to take the place of a thorough understanding of TA and market movement concepts. Statistics do not always mean that history will repeat itself, statistics simply help to reveal the market’s natural biases on a day to day basis.

(PS. Just a clarification - the risk will never be greater than 4x the reward for these trades, meaning that you will never risk 60 pips to gain 10).

Hopefully this helps, good luck :)!

7am trade worked out beautifully! I think eur is on the way down though, so I set trailing stop and am going to ride it a bit more as I have constant line right in this range that wants to break. Good luck all

So much for riding it down, still ended up with +20 pips though :13:

Alright friends, the 7am CST trade moved in our direction this morning. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4170
Exit Price: 1.4150

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

I will update the board later for the GBP/USD trade.

plan the trade, trade the plan

The conditions for the GBP/USD trade did not line up today. I will update the board in a just a bit for the AU open trade.

Sorry for the late update. The conditions for the AU open trade lined up today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4243
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm bar
S/L: 1.4283
TP: 1.4233

Good luck!

Well typed :wink:

[QUOTE=tradetilidie;257797]Hello MrPippps, thanks for the question.

The basis of these trades are a bit different than most that you receive advice on. The two factors that differ sharply from most trades are that they are time/price action based, and that they have a historical, proven track record of working.

As I have mentioned before, the time factor forces you to exit the trade at a certain time regardless of whether you reach TP or S/L. As you place these trades you will find that this concept is a saving grace as often times, if you don’t reach your stop or target, you will still exit the trade before a reversal occurs. This allows you to stay in trades in a calculating way and exactly time your entries and exits.

im glad to kno tht u have develop somthin new, n its really new for me, i always say traders comes in all sizez n n shapes… n here is one example.:slight_smile: but i ve one question… as u mentioned… ur risk n reward ratio is 4:1. means if u risk 40 pips u gain 10. tht means if u have 4 winning days n one loosing day ur account size become same…?:slight_smile: right? back to square one. n wht if u have two bad days or three bad days in a row? then wht wud be the outcome?
GUD LUCK
HAPPY TRADING…

i wanted to post my chart here… but its saying unable to upload… ?? why? any restrictions???

Happy Friday fellow FXers ;),

I apologize for the late update, but AU open trade yesterday reached our TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4243
Exit Price: 1.4233

Trade Length: 5 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

The conditions for the 7am, pre-US open trade also lined up this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4289
Exit: at the open of the 11am bar
S/L: 1.4349
TP: 1.4269

Good luck!

Early on, I posted the results of each of these systems. Because the win rates are always 70% or higher and because, even if you lose, you seldom reach you S/L, the wins for the system outweigh the losses. It is a matter of volume with these trades, not single trade profit. These type of trades are designed to make you a consistent profit, which can certainly help if you are a swing trader in draw down. The more of these type of trades that you add to your portfolio, the greater profit you will see overall.

Also, thank you for the compliment, but I did not create this type of trade. What I was pointing out is that you generally do not hear about this type of trade, not that it has not been done before.

As with any system, if it is proven to work, the key is to press on through draw downs. Fortunately backtesting shows me the length of the largest drawdown and the amount. This allows me to pinpoint whether I am simply in a “trough” with regard to a system’s equity, or whether the system has simply stopped working (which does happen from time to time).

Once again, market statistics do not guarantee that history will repeat itself, but it does help you to identify natural biases that occur. The amount of trades in a system, the length of time backtested, the winning percentage, and the profit factor/average profit are elements that help determine whether a system is worth taking on.

Hopefully this helps! Thanks again for the questions.

I believe that Baby Pips allows this type of thing after more posts are acquired.