Great Trading Strategies

The 7am EUR/USD trade reached TP today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4075
Exit Price: 1.4055

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

I will update the board in just a bit for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade today. Now that the market has settled down a bit, it’s a good time to begin using short-gain support and resistance for successful gains of 10-20 pips per trade. If you’re not already in a long term position (unless your broker allows hedging), this is a great way to pickup an extra 50+ pips every day.

I will update the board in a few hours for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade. Good luck until then!

I apologize for the late update, but the conditions for the 3pm GBP/USD trade lined up. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6105
Exit: at the open of the 5pm bar
S/L: 1.6075
TP: 1.6115

Good luck!

The conditions lined up for the AU open trade today for the EUR/USD. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4201
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm bar
S/L: 1.4241
TP: 1.4191

Happy trading!

The 3pm GBP/USD trade reached TP today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6105
Exit Price: 1.6115

Trade length: 2 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

I will update the board shortly on the status of the AU open trade.

The AU open trade reached TP today also. Here is how it transpired:

Entry Price: 1.4201
Exit Price: 1.4191

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

Today was a good haul for the thread trades with 40 pips. If you combined this with using Support and Resistance principles today, you should have walked away with some serious pips :wink:

Good luck in the overnight session, I will update the board in the morning.

I just want to commend you on your dedication to this thread tradetilIdie. I’m going to take the time out to read all 53 pages some point today. Peace. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the post ambtax1, I’m really glad I could help out a fellow trader :).

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4198
Exit: at the open of the 11am bar
S/L: 1.4258
TP: 1.4178

Happy trading!

Are you still following the rules you have stated at the beginning of this thread tradetilidie?

Most of the systems are still the same, although some will change as the market dynamically adjusts. As of right now, all are the same besides the 3pm GBP/USD long trade (the S/L is a bit closer to the entry point now).

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks!
Sorry to be dumb here. I’m in the UK.
Just for clarification -
You’re going off the 6.30am cst time candle (my 12.30pm candle) - 30min chart.
As soon as the candle closes then you put a short order in?

Many thanks,

Paul

Yes, that is correct. For the 7am trade, when the 6:30am CST bar closes up, you would enter the trade on the open of the 7am CST bar.

I hope that clears it up for you, let me know if you need any more clarification :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Just for more clarification - (sorry I know you have mentioned this already in the beginning!) - you’re using a constant 20 pip tp and 60 pip sl?

For the 7am EUR/USD trade, yes. That is correct.

Speaking of which, the 7am trade reached TP today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4198
Exit Price: 1.4178

Trade length: 5 bars
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

I will update the board a few hours for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade.

Thanks again.
Sorry - one more. You quote an approx. 76% win rate.
So am I wrong in assuming that on the basis of 100 trades it would turn out as:
76 x 20 pips = 1520
24 x 60 pips = 1440
So, net pips would be 80 pips? Or am I looking at this the wrong way? Thanks for responding so quickly!
You are clearly very dedicated to the cause.

Paul

This is actually a question I’ve answered numerous times throughout the course of this thread. The key to these trades profitability is the predefined, precise exit time. Every single trade must adhere to this exit time regardless of price action. This allows the S/L to act as a mere buffer while allowing the trade to “breathe” a bit before reaching the TP (this morning’s 7am trade was a perfect example of this in action).

Because we set a specified exit time, generally we will not even reach the S/L before the “kill time.” Hopefully this answers your question, I appreciate the inquires. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m sure it was an annoying question. It’s because the thread has got so long!
Thanks again for your reply. I shall endeavour to follow your cable trades too.
Thanks for your time in replying.

Regards,

Paul

No problem, glad to help. :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade today. I will update the board in a bit for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD trade this afternoon. I will update the board in about an hour for the AU open trade.