Great Trading Strategies

The 3pm GBP/USD trade just reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6415
Exit Price: 1.6425

Trade length: 6 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

We are still in the AU open trade until 7:30pm CST.

Sorry for the late update folks. The AU worked out in our favor today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4509
Exit Price: 1.4499

Trade length: 4 bars

Good luck in the overnight session, I’ll update the board in the morning :slight_smile:

Hello fellow FXers,

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD trade this morning. I will update the board later this afternoon for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Good luck in today’s session!

Sorry for the delay folks. The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade this afternoon. I will update the board in about 10 minutes for the 3pm GBP/USD trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD trade today either. Hopefully we’ll see some action on the AU open trade today (which is already setting up nicely for a minimal gain short). I will update the board in an hour for that trade.

The conditions lined up for the AU open trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4364
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm bar
S/L: 1.4404
TP: 1.4354

Happy trading!

Good morning all,

Yesterday’s AU open trade did not reach TP or S/L and the conditions for this morning’s 7am EUR/USD trade did not line up. Good luck in the session today; I will update the board for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade later.

Would you care to enlighten us on the basis of your trade? It seems a very odd trade selection from my point of view.

Thanks for the post purplepatchforex,

What trade in particular are you referring to? :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade today. I will update the board later for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD trade today either. I will update the board in a hour for the AU open trade.

The conditions lined up for the AU open trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4330
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm bar
S/L: 1.4370
TP: 1.4320

Happy trading!

The AU open trade just reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4330
Exit Price: 1.4320

Trade length: 6 bars

Good luck during the evening session tonight. I will update the board in the morning :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 7am trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4265
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
S/L: 1.4325
TP: 1.4245

Happy trading!

None in particular, I’m just curious to what kind of strategy you use.

The strategies and their basis are explicitly spelled out in the beginning of the forum, but I don’t mind a brief review :). These systems combine both time and price action to provide specified times entry and exit. Some of them are centered around key times near a market open, while others look to take advantage of positions after the “major players” have used their daily capital allowing us to enter trades with less risk.

All of the systems are based on historical data and have a statistically sound winning percentage of over 65% with 200+ trades in the last 2 years (and significantly more over the last 10 years).

As I have mentioned on several occasions throughout this thread, taking these trades is not meant to replace a sound knowledge of TA principles. It is still very important that a trader know what drives statistics in addition to overall price action (charting patterns, support/resistance…etc).

I am glad that you have posted on this thread purplepatchforex, as you’ll see that I stated early on, my intention for this thread is that those of us who have been trading a bit longer than others reveal strategies that are working for us in order to help out some of those who just getting started.

Hopefully this helps answer your questions :).

The 7am trade reached TP today (just before an extreme bullish reversal ;)). Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4265
Exit Price: 1.4245

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

I will update the board in just a bit for the 12:30 GBP/USD long trade.

Conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade today. Either. This is the last trade of the day because it is the weekend.

Have a great couple days off and I will “talk” to you all on Monday. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Good morning all,

Hopefully you had a great weekend and are prepared for another week of currency madness :).

The conditions did not line up for the 7am trade this morning but, as usual, I will update the board later for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. This past week was a bit tumultuous for trading foreign currencies, but we have settled down just slightly in the short term.

My recommendation is to use Support and Resistance principles throughout today’s session as guideline for short-gain reversals and movements. Good luck today!

The conditions did not line up this morning for the 12:30pm GBP/USD trade. Although, on the bright side, Support and Resistance for the GBP/USD worked beautifully this morning after the market settled down. I will update the board in a bit for the 3pm GBP/USD trade.