Great Trading Strategies

Good morning friends. Hopefully you had a great, long holiday weekend :slight_smile:

The conditions did not lined up for the 7am EUR/USD trade this morning. Next trade: 9:30am CST GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6018
Exit: at the open of the 6:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5978
TP: 1.6038

Happy trading!

The 9:30am GBP/USD long trade was stopped out today. Next trade: 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

Hi
I am confused with the 9:30am long trade GBP/USD, you said if the 9am bar closes up to enter @ the open of the 9:30am bar, right? However, I thought that if the bar closes down to enter a long trade and the closes up for a short trade. Can you pleaseexplain me?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the post inajbaby,

Your recounting of the 9:30am strategy is correct. If the 9am CST GBP/USD bar closes up, you enter the trade going long. Although most of the other trades have you place an order opposite of the most recent price direction, this particular trade looks to take advantage of going with the most recent price action move.

These trades are all based on historical data, meaning that there is no set “Close one direction, then enter the opposite direction” pattern. There are specific times combined with price action that, historically, produce the best results. This is what these trades look to take advantage of.

Hopefully that helps! :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5943
Exit: at the open of the 3pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5913
TP: 1.5953

Good luck!

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade reached TP today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.5943
Exit Price: 1.5953

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

Next trade: 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

Next trade: AU open EUR/USD short trade.

The conditions lined up for the AU open trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3994
S/L: 1.4034
TP: 1.3984

Happy trading!

The AU open trade did not reach TP or S/L yesterday, and the conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade. Next trade: 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade today. Next trade: AU open EUR/USD Short trade.

The conditions also did not line up for the AU open trade today.

Good luck in the overnight session and I will update the board in the morning :slight_smile:

Good morning all, hopefully you had a profitable overnight session :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade today. Next trade: the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6044
S/L: 1.6004
TP: 1.6064

Due to the current volatility, I recommend to take this trade with a bit smaller lot size. Good luck!

Finally…and thanks again tradetilidie.

I agree :wink:

Sometimes we simply end up with fewer trades based on market action, but it’s much better to be in a trade that meets the criteria of your system than to simply be in a trade :slight_smile:

The 9:30am GBP/USD long trade reached TP this morning. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6044
Exit Price: 1.6064

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

I couldn’t agree more.