Great Trading Strategies

I entered my order at the 12,20 bar, but it had already shot beyond the entry point. Where did I go wrong? I think I need to get these trades locked into my own time zone.

Also, do you mind me posting and asking in this thread, or should I do that elsewhere?

Which trade are you referring to? The 7am EUR/USD short trade or the 9:30pm GBP/USD long trade? Also, what time zone are you on? All times listed on this thread are CST (one hour behind EST).

I certainly do not mind anyone posting their questions/thoughts/ideas on this thread, in fact, I encourage it. Please let me know if I can help you make sense out of this whole thing :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6099
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.6073
TP: 1.6109

Good luck!

I messed up somewhere on the The 9:30am GBP/USD.

Here is my order:

GBP/USD
Time: 17:23 CEST
Units: 1.000
Price: 1.6058
SL: 1.60180
TP: 1.60780

But looking at my charts at this time, it had already shot way past the asking price. So I’m trying to find out where I went wrong.

I appreciate you supporting sharing and learning this material. It makes being new, less overwhelming.
I’m going to write down the specific times for these daily trades converted into my own timezone now, that should help.

Am I supposed to put up the trades at a specific time, or is it ok to just put up an order with the correct parameters?

All of these trades are, absolutely time sensitive. Depending on the price action, you probably want to be in the trade within 5-10 minutes after the specified time (if price action has already moved significantly in one way or another, this will negate your entry).

The trades are posted in CST (CDT) which is 1 hour behind EST. Hopefully this helps!

Sorry to ask, but how far behind GMT is EST?

No problem PureMuscle, thanks for the post.

Currently, EST is 4 hours behind GMT (i.e. right now it’s 4:54pm in EST and 8:54pm in GMT). Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

Hmmm, so is this trade currently on then? i.e its 3:54pm CST?

After reviewing my trade. the reason why I did not get any action in the GBP/USD 9.30 today was because I put up my order 1 hour late.

Is this your timezone/the one you use for your post in this thread tradetilidie? CST Timezone

All this talk of timezone’s is making my head spin. :smiley:

Haha! Understandable, it can be a bit confusing :wink:

The current time in my CST time zone is 4:04pm due to Daylight Savings Time until 11/06/11.

Also, the conditions for the AU open EUR/USD short trade lined up. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4188
Exit: at the open of the 7:30m CST bar
S/L: 1.4228
TP: 1.4178

Happy trading!

The AU open EUR/USD short trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4188
Exit Price: 1.4178

Trade length: 2 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

We are still in the 3pm GBP/USD long trade until 7:30pm CST.

The 3pm GBP/USD long trade did not reach TP or S/L today. That’s all for the day, I will update the board in the morning. Good luck in the overnight session! :slight_smile:

Good morning friends,

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4157
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
S/L: 1.4217
TP: 1.4137

Good luck!

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry price: 1.4157
Exit Price: 1.4137

Trade length: 3 bars
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Because today is Friday and the market closes early, we will only have 2 trade possibilities.

Next trade: the 12:30am GBP/USD long trade.

Good morning fellow traders,

Hopefully you had a great weekend and are ready for another week of FX trading :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4013
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
S/L: 1.4073
TP: 1.3993

Happy trading!

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4013
Exit Price: 1.3993

Trade length: 1 bar

Next trade: the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

Sorry for the late update folks. The conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade and the trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6052
Exit Price: 1.6072

Trade length: 2 bars

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6126
Exit: at the open of the 3pm CST bar
S/L: 1.6096
TP: 1.6136

Happy trading!

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6126
Exit Price: 1.6136

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

Next trade: the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

What a good day for trading. Thanks for the update.