Great Trading Strategies

Lol. You did the same thing I did. If your platform says that a particular candle is 730 on a 30 min chart then you’re probably looking at the closing time . The 730 candle closes at 8. The 7am candle closes at 730. You’re looking at one candle ahead. Hope this helps

Ok i think i got it now. If i follow his strategy and im in the EST. i need to see if the 730am candle is green (which would be on the 8am timestamp chart line). And if it is indeed bullish then i would short at 8am, which would be the starting of the next candle. I think that coincides with what i see in his past trades. Correct me if im wrong tho.

Thanks for the help.

You got it!

It was in place today but wouldnt have worked out it doesnt look like

That following candle had a range of about 24 pips down so it was definitely possible to have made the cake.

Hmm i only show about 18 pips down

Nvm i see what you are saying. It all depends on when you went short i guess.

glad to help

Learn something new everday. Wonder where the original poster went off to?

not sure. Vacation?

I have been following this thread since tradetilidie started it in Feb. 2011. I sure hope it don’t die. I hope something bad didn’t happen to him.

I don’t know what happened to tradetilidie but in his/her spirit -

The conditions for the Eur/Usd trade lined up. Short at .3120 - 20/60

I actually shorted 1.31358. Did i miss something?

Typo. Short at 1.3130

Whew thats better. I wonder how one comes up with a strategy like this?

The trade worked in our favor. Next trade is 1230 gbp/usd long trade at 130 EST/1230 CST

Can you explain this one?

Not my strategy. Wish I could.

The conditions for the 1230 cst/130est gbp/usd long trade did not line up. The next trade is the Eur/usd short at 330cst/430 est AU open.

I looked back on the thread and found the strategy but it says to look at the 330est bar not the 130est for the gbp/usd long trade.