Great Trading Strategies

That’s is not correct that setup is no longer traded there are Only three traded setups. EU 730 GU 1230 EU 330 all CST

Ok. I guess i gotta look for the other set up for the gbp/usa. Sorry if im being annoying. You have been nothing but helpful. Thank you.

Not a problem

Actually, from what i see the 1230 gbp/usa long did line up. On my charts (EST of course) it shows the 1pm est bar closing down.

I have it opening and closing at exactly the same price. No trade taken. What do you have? If it closed down by just a tick, then its a good set up. Damn, hope my broker didn’t screw me out of some pips. Because that would have worked in our favor.

Although I did not take the trade, if your 1230cst 30m candle closed down, then the gbp/usd trade worked in your favor.

I have the 1pm to 130pm est candle as being red, starting at 1.61181 and ending at around 1.61153 which, according to the strategy as i understand it, was a good set up and you would have hit the take profit no problem.

That’s right. I’m using trade Interceptor on my tablet. Now I know to double check my desktop.

Thats what i use on my ipad and iphone linked up with FXCM. Is that what you are using on your desktop?

These time zones have always been confusing.
I’m in the UK, and have changed the times 2 or 3 times in the past few months. It turns out I trade the wrong candle quite often, and I’ve just discovered I’ve been trading the 12.30 (UK time) candle instead of the 13:30. I don’t know how long I’ve been doing it for either!

goodpunk6, thanks for updating the set ups and results. Let’s hope tradetilidie is still “trading”.

MT4 on my desktop. PM me

Hopefully you arent using real money :slight_smile:

I cant. It says i dont have access. Im too new i guess haha

The conditions for the AU open E/U short trade did not line up. The 430-5 bar closed down.

The conditions for 7am cst eur/usd lined up today

Im an idiot and had my stop loss at 40 pips and got stopped out for this morning trade. Things were lookin good early. Should have closed the trade two bars in when i saw it. Oh well.

Right. CST is currently 6 hours behind UK time, therefore I look at the 12:30 candle on the EUR/USD. If that closes UP, I go SHORT at 13:00. Hopefully that is correct!

Euro is finding support now while the AUD is collapsing. This could be attributed to the fact that the Inflation data coming out and making the Australian Dollar weak.

That sounds right to me. Like i said, it did line up today. If you had a stop loss of 60 pips, you still should be in the middle of the trade right now.

Hi b3.
According to my charts you should have won your 20 pips. My 12:30 bar closed at 1.3169 (entry). The 13:30 bar low was 1.3148, giving you a win (but only just!)

Your logic is correct except i shorted just a little bit afterwards and my take profit level was like 1.3142. I was so close! Thats why i said things looked good early, but i was busy doing something and then looked back and i was about BE and then it shot up. Since i had a stop loss of 40 pips instead of 60, i stopped out. Although right now if you had a 60 pip stop, you are still in it but looks like it found support right near my take profit level.