Has Anyone Actually Met a Successful Forex Trader in Real Life?

This was 7 or 8 years ago, but one came to my city for a week and traded live plus did Q and A. Best part, it was free. Some trading instructor company sponsored him. But Phil was more of a trader than a trainer, so he was long on trading advice and short on marketing. He showed us his actual trading account for several months plus his live trading results every day. Very impressive.

[QUOTE=ā€œKingKaivar;402262ā€]I met a forex trader last month. He was in his 50s cleaning toilets. I hope it wasnā€™t an omen. :15:[/QUOTE]

And why were you talking to a guy who was cleaning a toilet?

[QUOTE=ā€œILovePizzaMore;484459ā€]

And why were you talking to a guy who was cleaning a toilet?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldnā€™t you? Heā€™s just a guy doing a job - is your superiority complex that bad that you canā€™t converse with the lowly peasants?

Iā€™d demand instant execution or at least a trip to the gallows if they were to make eye contact but Iā€™m sure that I could handle a conversation with a muggle.

[QUOTE=ā€œbaz1982;484554ā€]

Why wouldnā€™t you? Heā€™s just a guy doing a job - is your superiority complex that bad that you canā€™t converse with the lowly peasants?

Iā€™d demand instant execution or at least a trip to the gallows if they were to make eye contact but Iā€™m sure that I could handle a conversation with a muggle.[/QUOTE]

Uhmā€¦ So you just walk into a public restroomā€¦ Plop yourself on a toilet, pull your pants down and start going to town on yesterdayā€™s Taco Bellā€¦ You hear some swishing sounds from the stall next to you and the fresh odor of toilet cleaner wafting through the cracks in the wallā€¦ ā€œHello matey! Whatcha doing over there my good chap?ā€ ā€¦ ā€œOh nothing my lordā€¦ Just cleaning this here toilet!ā€ ā€¦ now the toilet cleaner is peering over the stall wall and sees you looking at your forex charts on your phone in between grunts and grimaces ā€¦ā€œoh hey!!! I used to trade forex too!!ā€

Now we know just how friendly Baz really isā€¦

Well being as important as I am, Iā€™m going to need someone to wipe for me so hey, a bit of idle chit-chat is acceptable.

Na fair point, I didnā€™t approach it with the public toilet in mind, I was just assuming that it was a work place toilet. And I forbid any talking while on the throne so Iā€™m thinking that it was saved for the hand-washing stages.

Hey mate, Iā€™m very new at this and am just making enquiries as to if the claims of financial independence and doing it from home are real and practicalā€¦

Itā€™s Oct 2013 now and did it work out well for you, TalonD? Hope you can share some insights from your journey from 3 yrs ago.

Ta.

the hard truth is that i know a couple who quit their full time job and do forex trading, they did make initially but back to square one in the long run. this is not only the stories that i heard. i think full time trading is tough. i have been winning for 6 months and then out of greed, now i am in negative position.

I have seen various property traders earning enough to live, but I also have seen various losing everything.

Hey TalonD. How your doing? Is it working for you your strategy ? Tell me, itā€™s been three years now.
I hope it is not the case to take the silence as an answer. I hope it for my own benefit.

Yes some of my freinds are good trader . They do full time trading . It not n=means all the time they spend in trading .But they invest their time 6 to 8 hours in trading . i see them they are making good amount regularly from forex. They are not at this stage in very start . They spend years to get their goals.

I appreciate this. I used to talk a lot with TalonD, he is an open mind trader.

If this thread is serious and you guys donā€™t know any successful traders then why are you all trying to teach each other how to succeed?

[QUOTE=ā€œCandoit2;562204ā€]If this thread is serious and you guys donā€™t know any successful traders then why are you all trying to teach each other how to succeed?[/QUOTE]

Lol harsh but fair. But didnā€™t you hear, you can learn everything for free from anonymous strangers on the Internet. Works wonders, everyone makes millions.

wow this is an old thread, I was so young and innocent back then LOL. Iā€™ve made a lot of progress. Itā€™s true I hang out in some Skype rooms and some of those guys can trade circles around me but when I come back here to BP it makes me realize how far Iā€™ve come. Itā€™s pretty much all support / resistance/ technical analysis for me now. That banker guy makes fun of me, says Iā€™m trying to kill bears with a butter knife, check out the ā€˜picture worth a thousand wordsā€™ thread and see how a bear can be killed :smiley:

I only pop on to the forum on rare occasions now, itā€™s hard habit to break.

good luck out there yā€™all

Nice to see you again.

Thanks for posting this! I was beginning to have my doubts too.

This is a great post. I hope, this will be a motivation to many aspiring forex traders out there.

I agree with bluefire. Thankyou for the well written entry below.

I assume, what bluefire means is to read and study the price action on higher time frame charts, preferably, the Daily charts. But, trading only on Daily charts needs a LOT of patience. But, again, there are traders who succeed consistently on 4 Hour charts.

At the end of the day, the time, that is needed to master forex trading is different for each individual. It is exactly the time, that you need to understand, the system that works for your personality. Even with price action methodology, you need to fine tune, it to your personality. Keep doing it until you see consistent returns.

Yes I met a good trader who was making good average every month . Success does not means that you will never loose in forex market. Here is daily a new challenge that you have to face and \deal with it. Good trader are efficient in dealings and they manage their risk according to the market situation.

Hey Johnny, I really resonate with what you said, it definitely is a journey of self discover and personal growth. I think that is perhaps also why a lot of people at first find any kind of trading challenging, no one ever really says that along with trading , you will also have to face a lot of personal, cultural and societal influences about money, good and bad. To top that off, there is so much of self worth and self esteem tied into money and trading. So when I ventured on this path of trading, it was more than just about the trading, it was about self-awareness and realization too.

I personally find it gratifying as it really ties into my own spiritual and personal outlook on life and enquiry, however, if someone simply wants to make money fast and easy, as it i usually advertised, then there will be a lot of seemingly large walls that seem to appear.

All this to say, trading is a worthwhile journey for me because it is not separate from my own personal growth, so if anyone has a similar inclination, than I fully encourage diving in. It is also essential to keep good company and find books, people and mentors that can support you and point you in the right direction. Trading can create a lot of negativity and you will want to stay away from people and environments that speak only of doom, gloom and scams. Learning to discriminate between what is real and relevant and simply emotion (yours or others) is a lesson worth learning. Kudos to those who have taken the road less travelled.

2 Likes

Muthusai, I have to agree with you. Having a live coach and mentor has been essential (I canā€™t emphasize this more) in my trading. The live one to one environment is where you can get all your questions answered according to how YOU understand it. Not only that, you are also picking up on the clear and steady vibrations of someone who has mastered the art of trading.

Books, forums and guides are great, but it very easy to get lost and confused in countless opinions, debates and discussions about what to do and how to do it. I found for myself that a live coach pulls together all the concepts of trading and gives me a very one pointed and clear direction (according to my own personal needs) in how and what I should do. It was more than worth the money, as it removed so many years of doubt and piece meal knowledge.

I spent the money, got a grounded, qualified coach and accelerate my learning as well as removed tons of unnecessary confusion.