Has BabyPips turned sterile?

Ha ha, so you came back on BP the same time with VIPER. Coincidence ?? :slight_smile:

Actually, it is a great conspiracy. I control Talon by telepathy. How anyone can confuse me with anyone else is beyond me. Oh, TD, Mike is the gift that keeps on giving, no shark jumping, just pure boredom break.

The Ever Telepathic VIPER

1 Like

:smiley: wow and the Viper is back too! Cut out the telepathy it’s giving me a headache.
Strange new format. The GUI isn’t as GUI as it used to be.

Ahwww, you sound so cute, get a new forum bud? This is babypips ,for us newbies!

Ah, you’re back again…hopefully not as fragile this time around.

Ha aha, ok bud, I am fragile but I dont know why I like you, I think you are very intelligent, well that is what i reduced!

Sorry for the swearwords, but I had to kill that thread, I used anything that i knew ,ha ha.

Bob, totally agree , they have turned this forum into Facebook with the Snowflakes in charge. I have seen views of my long running thread drop from 6000 in May to only 800 in June, that does not seem like progress, I have looked at other sites but that means going through the whole newbie thing. I will give this till end of the year, if it improves then fine, If not then I might need to find a site with more member interaction

A post was split to a new topic: How do I view my Trust Level

Hey ya’ll. I’ve been wanting to address this since I kinda sorta came back.I got this from some “Insiders”, so take it AS a grain of salt. It appears that all trading site traffic is down, even E.T. Also, virtually everyone I have talked to has the same complaint about low quality content and scammers, stealth vendors etc.

Now I will admit that the new format was, for me, a bit off putting. You know how us old people we don’t adapt well to change, but once you get over the shock, well one deals with it.

One of the things that I always keep in mind for this and other sites, is the fact that times have changed. In the '90s any Tom, Mike and TRO could have a website, and since we were in a bull market everyone looked like a trading genius. After the crash we had the PDT rule enacted in 2001, all the small retail accounts pulled out, and started trading futures and FOREX (Spot Currency). So futures sites and FOREX sites exploded.

Now here comes the money info, only eight years after the PDT went into place the great recession hit. Traders muddled through it, but the fact is trading stocks is totally different than trading Futures or FX. So more and more liquidity providers (retail traders) were blowing up their accounts. In the meantime here on BP there were people like Mike, Tymen etc. these peeps kept the ball rolling on the site, for a while. But when the brokers started dying off, GFT, FXCM, MBT Fx, PFG, IBFX and the list goes on, you knew something was up. Bottom line fewer people trading FX. Obviously you can’t run a business/website if you have no clients. So I think that overall, this is a systemic problem. The volume of people retail trading Spot currency has just dropped off, and I have no idea how Broker/Dealers are going to address this

With this in mind, think of the heyday of BP, again who were the cash cows, Mike, Tymen, etc. These folks stirred up some massive traffic, why, how? By telling people what they wanted to hear. All you have to do is become part of my Cult and you will prosper. No one wanted to hear the hard parts about trading. For example how to you bounce back from a $250k loss, or how do you tell your wife you just blew out half of your account in three trades, etc. Also no one wants to hear that they are messed up, that they have “thinking problems” or Mommy and Daddy issues. So since there is no one here on this site telling people they are OK when they are not, well you can figure it out.

As far as the “SnowFlake” deal, I was surprised that I got a warning about something I said to “Lexy”, actually I was shocked. The funny thing is, it was like Elementary School all over again, "Oh Mr Site Overlord, VIPER is running in the hall, and he called me “Poopy Head”. So there is that. I think what happens is the following.

Robot 1 “Oh no, site traffic is down”

Site Robot Elder 1 " Silence, Quick, meet that guy in the back alley, buy some likes,
followers, clicks, but don’t buy anything cut with Bots"

Robot 2 “But we have already blown out the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Q Budget
doing the same thing and nothing has changed”

Site Robot Elder 2 Silence, the problem is too much Bogan, and VIPERSpeak, and
meaness, and harshness, and triggering, and did I mention
Bogan?

Site Robot Elder 1 Silence, Yes that’s it, from this point on BP will be a safe
space for the brokenhearted, the down trodden, the
huddled masses, those yearning for financial freedom,
and a judgement free zone.

All Overlords (in unison) Silence, “So let it be written and so let it be done”

Site Robot Elder 1 Now you, Robot, take the ceremonial killamajig and kill the
VIPER

And that’s how I think it happened, but I might be wrong. Also Lexy, got mad over a “vendor” picked up her toys, and went home. Oh well, what can a reptile do. :wink:

The Ever Reptilian VIPER

1 Like

That had nothing at all to do with her reason for leaving.

(It was well before I joined, but at the time she explained the reason in a non-confidential message sent to all her friends here, which someone’s very recently shown me.)

Well I guess it’s just good manners to respond, Sooooo, Ok, wow, umm, well uhhhhh ok.

The Ever Ambivalent VIPER

I’d really be very grateful if you could possibly advise me about whether and how that information might be shared, please?

Far from it, according to brokers, regulators, monitoring websites and governmental agencies, who all say that at the moment it’s expanding enormously.

Why, then, do you think that during 2017, as this site’s traffic has fairly steadily declined, the traffic at some of its competitors has grown (according to independent traffic estimating sites, some of whose figures have been posted in this forum)?

I disagree, but that’s what life is about different viewpoints.

Having A Great Time VIPER

1 Like

In response to recent points posted. IMO people must remember that BP’s is just a marketing site. The owners do not provide this site for the love of it, they make their money from advertising and referrals. If as a active member your actions contradict this objective then you will be ostracized.

Hopefully those that know me understand the great respect I held for Lexys but with all due respect, I rather have a viper on my side.

Babypips is a good place to get started, after that take with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

1 Like

If by “contradict” you mean violate our forums rules or openly abuse staff and other members, yes, you will get some form of temporary or permanent ban.

We don’t hide the fact that we’re a business. You can see the advertisements on our site. And we’ve stated, since day 1, that we depend on advertising to run our website. We are in fact a business, with employees and expenses. Something has to pay the electricity bills.

speaking of Tymen, I’m pretty sure he has passed. he was kind of flaky sometimes but was an ok guy. RIP

No disrespect, he had some interesting concepts. If he has died, condolences to his family and friends.

The Ever Respectful VIPER

I suspect the same. Lost contact with him on Skype a long time ago now. He had his quirks like we all do, but kind in heart and always meant well I believe. RIP indeed.

1 Like