Have you ever been 100% sure for some trade?

I only enter a trade if I think it’s going to happen. If it matches up with all my confluences, then why not be sure? Nobody is 100% though, as the market can do anything.

Most cetrainly I was! So many times I was 100% certain I shouldn’t do that trade as it is a huge mistake to do it. And I was 100% right, I shouldn’t have done it!

Feeling 100% sure and being 100% sure are 2 entirely different things :smiley:

1 Like

No one can be 100% sure for any trade initially, one have to first gather all information related to specific trade with a deep market study before jumping into it.

1 Like

Agree, just rely on your risk management and long term edge

XTIUSD back in April 2020… displayed the trade(s) live on Babypips… As shown in thread below.

Where was Oil going to from historically low prices? Pyramided in above and just waited patiently for the retracement.

A Monkey could have made a profit…

1 Like

Not every trade but there are some of the trades which I am 100% sure of. That happens when you have correctly analyzed the price charts and the indicators you have used are perfectly fine. These trades do give you a good profit.

Not every trade but there are some of the trades which I am 100% sure of. That happens when you have correctly analyzed the price charts and the indicators you have used are perfectly fine. These trades do give you a good profit.

Sometimes when I do have complete study about the trade and have all risk management in my mind.

I may sound weird or over confident. But I am always 100% sure about my trades and I don’t place the trades I am not sure about completely. It is then testing of my accuracy, if the trades went to opposite direction or in a loss that means my analysis was not accurate.

Anyone can be 100% sure in their trades! Getting it right is another question lol

It’s impossible to be 100% sure about something. I just trade based on my intuition.

It is difficult to be 100% sure for a trade since the market is volatile but you can reduce the percentage of risk by setting risk reward ratio and also implementing strategies consistently

you should be 100% in your trade ideas and bias and reasons and risk management and strat but not sure anyone could be 100% on a trade .

I guess that it’s quite right to be 100% confident with your strategy, broker, systems of risk and money management which you’ve created for yourself, however it’s difficult to be 100% confident in trading as itself. You can be confident that you open a position in a right direction for example, but it doesn’t mean a 100% chance of win. Everything is relatively in trading activity I believe. Nevertheless, it’s really useful to be confident, you’re less affected by stress and various nerve disorders you know, when you’re sure that you will win you consider yourself as a psychologically strong person, that’s why it can work sometimes.

in order to trade with a certain degree of confidence, you should remove fear from your work, and more carefully approach your training

Though it is not always possible to be 100% sure, knowing that my trades aligns with my strategy and suits my trading style, gives me the confidence to carry forward.

There’s another way of thinking on probability of success or failure from a trade which reflects more what you do rather than what the market does.

When you plan a trade you need to have equally good responses to opposing situations - price can either go in your favour or it can go against you. In this framework, you need to have two plans and the two plans need to be equally strong. In this perspective this is a 50:50 trade. But when you look at trading like that, then every trade becomes a 50% trade.

That’s a tough one I’ve been 80% sure strong moves away from my zones but as for 100% never I don’t think anyone excudes that confidence

@Jungletrader not sure if any trader has ever been 100% certain about their trades. The market is heavily volatile and unpredictable. Being 100% sure is like knowing every movement of the market.