Have you ever "forced" yourself to trade?

Helloooooo! :blush: I’ve been busy working and just trying to save up for our wedding so I haven’t been updating as much as I usually do. :frowning: But still, I force myself to still open trades just so I don’t feel like I’m pausing my progress. :open_mouth: Has anyone here felt this before? Have you ever forced yourself to trade? What happened?

5 Likes

I have before! I kind of look at trading like a job and something that I don’t always want to do, although I feel that it’s necessary. Lately, I’ve been caught up with my kids and life has just been busy. I’ve started a side project as well that’s taking up a lot of my time, and it’s something I enjoy doing more, so I have to kind of make myself take time away from those other things to trade. I would also say that planning a wedding is exciting and time consuming, so maybe you should give yourself a little slack so you can enjoy it as much as possible. :grin:

4 Likes

To be honest, for me it’s the other way round. Trading is my escape from reality, so the truth is that sometimes I have to force myself to do things other than trading or else I’d turn into a vegetable in front of my lap-top.

4 Likes

I’ll never force myself to trade as my mindset would not be in the zone. There are more important things in life.

2 Likes

congrats

I think it’s ok to force yourself to trade. It’s the same as forcing yourself to workout even though you don’t want to. Sometimes, you just gotta get it done.

3 Likes

Honestly, no I have never forced myself to trade in forex as I find trading very interesting and I enjoy doing it.

1 Like

I never trade in force or in someone’s influence. According to me if a person has no interest in something then they shouldn’t go for that, as it may give them bad results. I personally trade on my own and I may take some strategies from others to back test and see if the trade can be in my favor.

1 Like

mindset is everything in real life as well as trading life.

1 Like

Um check. Been there, done that.

Well, maybe more revenge trading. But it was forced. Literally did the, went short, when the trade executed, market immediately went against me a lot. Open up a trade in the opposite position. Market switched on my again.

It was a dumb move.

1 Like

I never forced myself to trade and I think no one should. Because I personally believe that when you do something by not giving your 100% efforts then results never turn out in your favour.

I never force myself to trade, because with a mindset which is not willing to focus cannot bring out any results so it’s better to not jump into trading until you have your will to trade back at the moment. Refraining yourself is better than any regrets later on.

No, never! I have stayed disciplined throughout, because of which, it was never a matter of forcing myself, but being consistent and patience throughout. Forcing yourself to trade, will lead to trading with a resilient mindset, and not taking good decisions, which you can probably take when you like trading. A good mindset is one of the improtant factors to making forex trading profitiable.

i dont think it is ever good to force yourself to trade. Trading when you are uncomfortable and not mentally ready wouldnt likely to get good result.

Yes, I had to trade forcibly at times to maintain my consistency.

I don’t really force myself to trade but I try my best to remain consistent. I do take breaks once in a while. But I see forex trading as a serious profession and it has a spot in my priority list. I think it can be called discipline. You try to trade even when you don’t feel like it.

I maintained a consistency to execute a specific number of trades per day/week. Even if I have felt like giving up, I maintained this practice, and gradually built my success. But I have never forced myself to trade in order to make a profit after loss, which is basically overtrading and revenge trading.

No, I have never forced myself to trade but yes, building consistency is the hardest. Forex trading is a long road and it is difficult to stay focused without having a clear understanding of whether it will be worth trading since there is always uncertainty. But consistency matters the most no matter what.

To be very honest, when I was a newbie then overtrading was one of my common issue! But right now I’m aware of my money management plan!

May I know your demo trading expedience? If you are a new face here then it’s a very common issue! Try to follow the money management rule so tightly!

No, I never do that. Often I get down on the motivation to trade as it is tiring. So during such times I take a break and do other joyful things that make me happy. I feel nobody should ever force themselves to trade. It is something that people should do with their own will for best results. Things done forcibly whether it is trading or something else, can have negative results so please avoid it.