Help, why is my strategy not working

Trading is not that simple. After trading for a long time, your mind is programmed so that you can see what is happening in the market. There is no way around it. You need experience to become a successful trader.

Check this out…its from ICT

שלום

Oh this should provoke some interesting replies :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

"each day"
The problem is your time-frame is too short. Forex instruments are not predictable on the 1-day; reliably anyways.

Currency strength fluctuates throughout the trading cycle.
I personally don’t rely too much on strength meters.
My favorite strategy doesn’t factor strength into it.
Secondly, some major currencies influence more currencies than others, examples are GBP and USD. So, even though the pairs you trade may not have high impact news, they could still be affected by GBP & USD high impact news.

I based my style on what I see from His You Tube Chanel

That’s ok…

A lot of members here also based their opinion on ICT from the fact that he spectacularly ran his public account into the ground after saying that he knew his stuff…

But, that was a while ago, he’s since moved to Twitter to promote his material - again with no proof of verified success. Oh well, he’s still attracting the nieve.

Listen to @tommor as he has good advice and experience, I have to say it is very hard to become profitable In forex, I study and traded forex for three years( profitably) and whilst I was doing I was investing into stocks and I can tell you live is easier with stocks and in my case a lot more profitable and not so much risk.

I would ignore chart partterns they a Bull sh!t they are made up and used by so many Institutions That they become irrelevant to be honest. I found what helped in forex market was to look from a natures point of view and look at it logically using physics. I won’t give you my syatem because I’ve been out of the forex game for a year now, so my way might not work and it might not work for you either any way but start looking at the currency pairs as living thing, and think about it logical, such as, with support and resistance line, they are real lines because in laws of nature and physics as we know them as the path of least resistance will be the path taken. Which is very true for support and resistance lines. I’m sorry for my lay way of writing I cba at the moment to write with proper grammar today aha. But best of luck and I would really not use chart patterns I waste my time and effort learning them when I should have just used what I know and that is pshics, and just to say I don’t use any formulas or anything complicated.

1 Like

@robotrades
Please share your forex trading system, it might be of help, to not just me, but to others reading as well.
Thanks a lot for your contribution.

So what I did was very simple I look at pairs that I felt that I knew and studied them, learnt there movements. Look at big time frames 1 day , etc and zoom out get the big picture ! I used a box system nothing new but I would draw a box around where the two strongest point where on both support and resistance and they had to touch theses levels three time to tick :heavy_check_mark:️ the box of a support or resistance. This would allow you to see is the pair sitting down at the bottom of the box low than one third of the box , if so I would look to buy because as physics suggest, you would need X amount of force to break the support like which of on a big time frame like months would have to be a huge event, so depending on what’s going on in the counties the price would go up to about halve way of the box I found, rarely did it go up to the top but I would move my stop loss to that area so I wouldn’t loss any profit( btw this is long term) and then it the price would drop again , some times it continued up but if not I had my stop loss ready. And the same with if the pair is at top of the box and it was the 1/3 of top area of the box I would sell the pair after of course looking on the smaller time frames to get an entry. So I remember the usd/cad I drew a box and the price was bang in the middle of the box so nope that wasn’t even worth looking at any more aha

But once I found a good box as such, I would draw my trend lines of significant levels in the time frames( again had to touch three times !) and then do the same for the next chat down and the same for the next chart, only three Time frames allowed, so for me was month, day , 4 hours. Month to see long term, day to see bias of market and 4 hours to pick entery point to help get further gain. And if you don’t see anything you don’t like then don’t trade, don’t trade for the sake of it. And that was my approach used support and resistance lines and tend lines and the box approach which I use in stocks as well to study price. Stop loss and take profits you’ll have to figure out what suits you :slight_smile: sorry for bad spelling, writing on my phone aha Also stay off YouTube and figure what works for you ! Learn the basics of course and money management but after that it’s all about experience and practice !!!

Hi thanks for your feedback. when will you be ready to accept another student ?

Try Watching Adam Khoo videos on youtube. I modeled my style based on his teachings. It was good.

1 Like

Who are you referring to?

Yes! Adam Khoo definitely has some valuable videos on his YouTube. I watch him from time to time because our strategies and rules are pretty similar

Hello, first, I would love to encourage you, so long you have reached this point, trust me you are making progress. In my view, until a trader begins to doubt the viability of the market, he never really becomes realistic, and until you become realistic you wont make profits.

For your system, I don’t do strong and weak analysis, but something you said here seems to be the problem, and that is being among the popular clique. This sounds unusual, yeah, it was funny to me when I first came across it. I cant talk a lot about that because of time and space, I would love you to look for videos that explain how the big banks operate, if you understand this it will change your view of the market, from then, just like it happened to me, you would see how that your system may have been designed to give money to the market most of the time rather than make profits.
I hope this helps, if you need more explanations you could chat me up.

Hi Folks, We always learn something from any trader/post in a forum. Here, Tono tried to give us his success feedback free. If we like or not is up to us. We should appreciate his valuable time. I learned many good things from his posts. “Encouragement & Courage” to trade. Don’t look into profit/loss, better try to do a good trade based on your analysis. There are many roads toward success. Just follow any one of those, whether it is of ToNo or… else. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hi petrogold,

Thanks for the post. The really sad thing about trying to help new traders is the traders who on this site that think they “know it all” and the hate that they pass off.

It’s clear that they are neither knowledgeable nor profitable

One doesn’t know the difference between Support & Resistance and Supply & Demand, while the other is still trading with a US Broker. Yet they have so much to say.

I was trained by a brilliant Market Maker located in NY, that traded on Wall Street for 30 years long before forex was even accessible to retail traders.

I won’t waste anymore of my time validating to a bunch of haters. I’ll just allow them to gather amongst themselves and continue to be the sheep.

For the new traders on this site, I would encourage you to find a good mentor and take your time and not give up.

I’ve said it once or twice before, forex is simple.
It’s traders that make it complicated. Don’t listen to the know it alls, they love to hear themselves talk, but have nothing to show for it.

Much success in your Forex Journey.

Tono,
what did you mean with above please? Appreciate a bit more detail.

Tono,
We understand your feelings. But as long as you are sincere & clear at heart pls don’t care what many men says. You will feel good. I wish to get you as my mentor. How? Love to hearing from you.

1 Like

@tonofx
You should not listen to what others say, most people are good at criticizing, that doesn’t mean you should not do what is right by helping other.

1 Like