Hi Im a newbie- any comments on Zulutrade?

ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - A CLEAR HORIZON

Try to check their signal provider and see how it goes from there.

hello there newbie!! :slight_smile:

No matter you you follow, do not forget to always zuluguard! And never place high/ or all your equity on one trader :wink:

^ Eddy knows his stuff.

Make sure you manage your risk.

So newbies, how are your accounts going on? Happy with the returns? I hope all have won already tons of amazing returns :wink: but please, don’t be shy share your experience with us…

I started a live account of $5000 with Zulu on 26 May 2014. I started with Fibotradingchris and Swissrunner as my big daddies and some others (i used the demo account for 2 weeks before i went live so tested the waters). But because it was a demo, i wasn’t taking it seriously enough!

The 2 above traders are very very good. After about 10 days, my profit from all my traders was $411. However, last week took care of that and all my traders made a loss barring 2 of them. Over the weekend my account balance was $4990. I believe many traders on zulu suffered last week.

But I am on my way back up, in just 2 days this week my traders have made 218 pips and I am heading up again.

When i look for a trader, i first look to see if there strategy suits me as a person - does it suit my personality? My advice would be to not choose a trader just because their numbers look good! For example, finding a trader of 10 weeks old, with 100 winning trades, indicates that they do not use stops and just wait for trades to run back in their favour or they keep losing trades open forever! As some examples.

Also, carefully read strategy/comments, do you like what they say, how they say it, is it often that the trader writes something? Does the trading style actually match the strategy? These are qns i ask myself. I do have a bad habit which is that i am always looking for good traders, but what i am good at is being patient about keeping an eye on them before letting them loose with my money.

If babypips allows it and if people wish to discuss, then i am happy to talk about my experience of traders on zulu and my views with my limited knowledge.

You can make money on Zulu, but patience, excellent money management and finding traders that suit your style are key factors.

Yes, brilliant advice. Do use zuluguard and never put all your eggs in one basket. Similarly, dont go overboard with too many traders. Have a number which allows you to keep a close eye on them, so you can analyse and decide how to maximise their potential. I have 8 traders and for me this is easily manageable.

Also, think about using different lot sizes for different traders - depending on their strategy and stop loss settings.

My advice is: don´t use the auto settings. Don´t rely in the drawdown statistics: look at the drawdown graphics.

Very good and exactly stated. I guess every traders need to find their own trading level of balance between their account level and how much each of us is willing to take. I always like to follow on the safe side rather than being sorry. Who are you following guys? Anybody worth it?

i am following, swissrunner, fibotradingchris, b104all, glatune, chunge5858, one of a kind and s.investment FX. I was following bird_65, who made me good money but something inside me wants to move on which i have. i also followed outperform and greenfxbd who i have recently left. i also tried gbpusdswing who had a good strategy but it just didnt always go to plan!

swissrunner for me is awesome, he always has a trade or 2 on (no more), hardly ever loses and trades one currency pair. It you want small steady pips, without alarms, then he is the best! Fibochris, has a different style but very low DD. He makes loads of pips day in day out, he had his worst week last week but that has only made me feel better knowing a bad week is out of the way (hope i haven’t cursed him lol). He communicates often and seems to me to be a lovely bloke, which helps - so i trust him!

i also wanted to add a gold trader to my arsenal so im following goldscalpingsystem, he is new but i follow him a with offset pips of -100 and its worked well for me so far.

Thats it for now.

To select a SP a look at the equity and balance curves. I prefer SPs whos curves approaches diagonals. This means that they have consistent trades. There are some SPs that sometimes have huge gains and the rest of the time the growth isn´t so good. This usually means that sometimes they open a big number of trades at the same time and got lucky. They are too risky for me.
Then I like SPs with low drawdown, don´t have trades running all the time and with a low number of open trades.
Finally you can´t win 100% of the time so I value SPs who had losses (even big but not catastrophic ones) and recovered from then. I say this because there are SPs with a good history who suddlenly losed their mind, enter into big drawdown and have catastrophic losses. Someone who reacts well to adversity is a big plus.
Now I am following ALMA KAE ORCHID_345, SwissRunner, Indiplus, YA RAZIQ, GBP Harmonics, greenfxbd, kostom300p, reverse action, GBPJPY Wining Strategy and Promotheus.
I like reverse action very much. He has some negative comments but that´s because they had losses after they started following him. He cuts losses and doesn´t enter into big drawdown and then he recovers quickly the losses.
Indiplus is an scalper and makes very little trades for very few pips but he is quite secure. You need a broker with a low slippage like AAAFx.
GBP Harmonics has a big drawdown in his history but that is because he was trading gold.
ALMA KAE ORCHID_345 is very profitable. He trades the EURSEK. He can have a bigger drawdown but he recovers and the risk/reward ration is excelent. Really the SEK was a big discovery for me. I am trading the USDSEK with the Blessing EA and it´s very profitable and more secure than other crosses.
greenfxbd is one of my most profitable SPs.
I am following the rest of them since a few days ago but they seem quite secure.
Now there are a number of SPs that I followed in the past that are a ddisappointment.

Really good info there jp78 - i will research some of your SP’s.

Regarding Greenfxbd, yes he wins pips but I get the feeling he gets lazy and probably gets overconfident every once in a often while. That was my feeling of him, which made me unfollow him although he did make me good money.

I tried zulutrade signals and they open more position than i let and profit was different from main account…

Yeah the profit of your trader is much different from yours, and this is simply because you are following with a smaller equity account. Its simple math :wink:

hey there, more experience zulutrade followers, who are you copying this summer? i am looking at the ranking but they are very quite unstable and risky at the moment…

It all depends on what strategy you’re OK to follow. In addition to my own signal, I follow for333 and SwissRunner because they show steady wins, even if for333 gave me hard time…
Remember that there is no magic and any signal can become a loser.
For me, the key is to properly set a safe lotsize. I leave all the defaults (stop loss, etc). I monitor once a week.

I totally agree with you, my friend. There is no magic in performance, and even the strongest calculations can go against the odds and make the trading account loose. So, you also use zuluguard? Good for you, you did describe the perfect account management.

Since my last post I´ve found 3 SPs that I like: taymingfai, Guan Ju 03 and TrendMart. You need little money to follow them and they are not constantly running trades so the risk is lower.

nice!! Thank you for the feed! Can you help me with how to follow them? lots, and trades and all?

That depends on your risk appetite.
First to test configurations use a demo account with the same amount as you real account to avoid errors.
As a rule of thumb use the Necessary Minimum Equity as a guide. So if the Necessary Minimum Equity is 150$ with 150$ you can allocate 0.01 lots, with 300 0.02, with 450 0.03, etc.
Look at the Margin Call -o- Meter and choose a value you are confortable with. Zulutrade recommeds 50% but I use a more aggresive configuration because I have a diversified portafolio that (should) decrease the risk. Don´t follow only 1 even if you think he is the best of the world. For example in the last two weeks I had big losses with Fibotradingchris but overall I made profit thanks to my other SPs.
Use the simulator to see if you are overleveled and to see if the SP give you a good enough profit for the money you allocate him and the risk involved.