Hi Ya'll newbie from South TEXAS ready to start!

Hello everyone, my name is Angelica, Engelika (pronounced in German). I am from south Texas, a little town known as Edinburg. Everything is pretty quiet down here, except for a tumbleweed once in a while. Syke! It’s not that small yall! However, I need something to do. I love learning and I am really tired of the 9-5 mentality around the world, I need to be me and learn awesome things, expand my learning abilities, challenge myself. So I have chosen to learn about stocks and trades… I know absolutely zero about this subject, but just watch me, there’s passion in me. :wink:

Let’s begin!

4 Likes

Engelika, I like your passion. However, firstly theres nothing wrong with a 9 to 5 mindset. It’s what you do with the rest of the hours you have that counts. And ironically if you decide to day trade you will still have a 9 to 5 maybe even a 9 to 7mindset!

There are a lot of thing you can do to challenge yourself and learn something new eg learn a language, learn to play an instrument etc. You really need to be clear about what you want to achieve. If it’s just to learn a new skill for the sake of it then trading is not the right pursuit. Generally speaking trading is for people who want a challenge but want to make money from the market from home or anywhere in the world. If the financial side is not your interest, then you’re better off learning a computer game and testing yourself against others online. You can lose a lot of money in trading along with your sanity and shirt on your back. Dont let it fool.you, for everyone who says they make money there are hundreds who have lost their account and quit. The worst thing is, if you ask them, it is not an enjoyable experience. Better to go to Vegas atleast you’ll be comped a free meal. Have a good think and let us know what you hope to achieve. I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

2 Likes

Interesting, so much for keeping the “community guidelines” in check. :roll_eyes: Thanks for your personal input. It wasn’t constructive criticism, after all, it was just that… personal. I did go back and see that I need to edit my introduction. It is supposed to read, " I need something else to do/" But like any normal person, you just don’t go around throwing all your personal junk to strangers, there are blogs for that or if you’re that desperate, Facebook? I have been working the 9-5 for years until 2 years ago when I started to run my own business which now left plenty of room and cash for an extracurricular activity. Since I have no interest in what did you call it, “computer games” and I already know 3 languages, English, Spanish, German, thanks to the abundance of cultures living in the USA, I decided that I will tackle this here, trading. Now I know for sure as good as you are, you’re probably not my best fit as a mentor, believe it or not, I am ok with that.

Btw, I have shared this incredible short story of my life in hopes that you never again judge an introduction. I wasn’t planning on being a writer.

-Angelica

Does your reply improve the conversation in some way? DEFINITELY, ME!

Be kind to your fellow community members. I AGREE!

Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people. GOT IT!

1 Like

Hi!
Good luck for trading journey…

Just keep patience and boost your trading skills to become successful trader :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

to put it bluntly you have to reflect why you want to learn to trade “profitably” .mastering trading may give you freedom.Though everybody obviously different, i dont think it as empowering in the sense of gaining a worthwhile qualification as such, or learning to play an instrument or some artistic pursuit ect. Many successful traders which im not (not been trading long enough) may ponder and think was it worth it for all the hours put in and negative experiences during the learning curve.You have to have a passion for it and the will to be successful

1 Like

been successful at trading is nt anything to be proud about

1 Like

Welcome you, you can choose from a range of resources and build your trading skills with free online courses.

1 Like

Welcome, I’ve always wanted to visit Texas. Seems like you are hungry to learn and there is certainly a lot to sink your teeth into with trading.

1 Like

Hello Dextor!

Thanks, looking forward to taking your advice seriously. I appreciate the good wishes. :):grinning:

Aww Rick,

I’m not interested in being “lucky” I live in a reality and I can make it my own.
Luck: success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one’s own actions.

I take a step forward and that is how I make things happen, otherwise, I wait around for guy like you to take that giant leap of faith for me, you know because I “should try and understand what he has written rather than worry about constructive feedback”

He and I are just not the perfect match… you’ll see I will find my dream mentor, my confidant who will hold back his personal criticism of me and won’t feel weak at the knees when I bring forth my own constructive feedback. BOOYAH!

Happy to make your acquaintance,
-Angelica

Hey Greens!

Now this is constructive criticism, I truly appreciate your words. Thank you.

-Angelica

Thank you, I have begun taking advantage of these free courses, I find this knowledge pretty exhilarating!

I appreciate your greeting.

-Angelica

Hey Hagler!

You sound like a true wrangler already, south Texas would l:heart_eyes:you! Thanks for catching on to my “hungry” vibe.YAS!

-Angelica

hey, babypips is a great place to start and get your feet wet with the basics. the only reason why i m writing you this is because i saw u said earlier you are a complete newbie, so i ll try to write a few lines i wish i knew or some1 would ve shared with me when i discovered the market a few years back. in my humble opinion it is very much possible to be profitable without paying for courses and stuff like that, but you have to make sure that what you ll learn or dive into (a strategy in particular) is worth the while. i started out while binary options were hot, and ofc i went thro all the stochastic, rsi, macd s etc strategy you can think of. i finally turned the corner when i added volume to my charts together with price action. ofc i use fibs, support and resistance, divergence, equal moves to project targets etc… but my point is that u have to make sure that u won t waste valuble time on something that won t pay out. if i may suggest after learning the basics, look into price action(important candle patterns at key areas like fibs, suport that turns resist and viceversa) and ofc volume. i say volume cos that to me is what gets me into a trade and also tells me when to take profit or expect a pullback or even the end of a move since i don t trust price action alone. but even by using price patterns alone at support or resistance can atleast make u a breakeven trader if not profitable ofc depending on u and how emotional u get when trading. the patterns i d found are the most succesful for me are 2 and 3 candle pattern reversal, 2 candle reversal, englufing and pin bars. ofc i use them with volume but most trade them without and killing it. u ll find plenty on here that claim to be profitable, but there are only a handful of traders that i know actually makin money on a consistant basis, cos that s what u should aim for: consistancy.
Rant done. wish u best of luck in ur trading endevour.
PS.being profitable in trading the financial markets when 90% or more can t make any money is the dream, therefore be very proud if u manage to do that and persist in what i find the most challenging career of all(that just to corect the post above from some1 that clearly has not made 1 cent so far theefore has no idea about the ego that comes with beeing consistent in taking money from the market).
cheers

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be damned, I am a high visual learner, your acronyms threw me off a bit but I bounced back with a quick google search, a pen, and a paper and what do you know, I learned. This is what I am looking for, a rock and a hard place and still enough wiggle room to explore.

Thank you for this, I truly appreciate your depth and most of all that level of confidence…

Cheers!

1 Like

the simple fact that u didn t asked me here what do i mean by this and that but u searched and found out on ur own tells me that u just might make trading work for you :slight_smile:
besides that, if u have any questions in particular(trading related) feel free to tag me and i ll try my best to answer. hopefully u ll have fun learning or be passionate about cos that s what kept me at it thro rough patches(trial and error).
regards

1 Like

Thanks good luck , you get out what you put in as you know

1 Like

That is why I mentioned the work luck because your own actions are not coming across as someone who is a complete beginner looking to learn. You are taking things personally and already have a biased view on how people should act.

This did not sit right with me. I think you are going to find a lot of dishonest people who will say what they think you want to hear. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in finding what you’re looking for. I hope you dont return in 6 months with a thread title ‘I have been scammed by…’

Don’t trade with emotions, Be patient. I’m from Amarillo Texas. You are welcome here.

Such a good post and you ruined it with this. You are saying ego has a part in being successful. Do you know many humble goldman Sachs traders? You only need to control your emotions during trading, the rest of the time you can do what you want. Lol, youd be a nasty emotionless person if you were the same as when you trade and when interacting with others.

1 Like