High-Low Swinging

Hi Bank!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to keep up with my demo account since July. My other job has been very busy which is a great thing, but yes I started to notice a lot of volatility and my set ups were no longer working or I got stopped out as the market would promptly change directions upon me entering!

Things with my life should calm down so I hope to start watching again this fall. How have you been?

-Doc

Hi PipDoctor, Pipsyourdaddy, everyone,

I have been well and hope you guys have been too. The first half of this week was a bit tricky due to the gap created on Sunday. But everything flowed as usually right as the gaps were filled. I still trade this method. Wont try to change anything based on the consistency. The only thing I do differently now is stick to H4 and daily charts. Remember that nothing is 100%. I tend to step back and wait, once markets become as they were this week, and take the strongest setups. I will post the only trade setup that I took this week in awhile and post a few setups next week.

God Bless.

Hi Everyone,

I sold the EUR/USD at 1.3777 on this PVSH setup for +320pips.

Wow nice trade… the water is certainly mirky right now but this shows nicely trades are still setting up and patience pays off… the main reason I am probably becoming miffed with my setups is as you pointed out the 1 hr charts have certainly become very volatile and unfortunately it is only my 1 hr charts that look half right lol… I didnt ever manage to get an answer from cms about why my vt trader charts are different from the rest of the worlds but hey… I just started using fxcm and using the one hr mainly. looking at the 4 hr, it did setup but yours seems to show a clearer picture than mine. I’ve pasted mine below just for comparison. I’ll try playing around with the different platforms again next week.

Good to hear from you and good to hear your still trading and more importantly still winning. Hope to stay intouch and start trading for real when things are a little clearer and stable.

Hi PYD,

Good to hear from you and that you are still exploring the method. I expect that we will get some good setups following the clear breakouts that we have gotten. Your EUR/USD chart looks pretty much the same as mine though.
I am not in any trades right now. Hope your have your stop at BE on your GU trade as the last gaps were awfully wide. I am watching the PVSL below on the H4 chart for this pair. A buy could setup here.

Hi Everyone,

Just took this long setup on the H4 EUR/USD.

Also took this long setup on the GBP/USD.

Stopped out -40 on EUR/USD long. Watching PVSL high at 1.3437.

Currently up +56pips on GBP/USD long.

Good afternoon bank,

Hope your GU trade is going well. Yes the gaps forming over the weekends have been pretty wide, its been happening for some time now. I try not to hold anything over the weekends anyway.

Thanks for sharing your setups, its got me fired up to find out what on earth is the issue with my charts. Just for comparison you can see what your EU trade looked like on my charts… what the?? Its driving me crazy… anyway im gonna give v.t trader another chance.

Hey PYD, GU trade still going good. Just hit the 55% breakeven level and watching EU at 1.3473 and 1.3437 PVSL highs. Wow I definitely see what you are saying about the charts now. Try uninstalling and re-installing VT trader and see if that works. Your chart looks waaayyyy different.

Looking to take this long setup on the NZD/USD.

Long EUR/USD at 1.3430. Long EUR/JPY at 102.72.

Hey, nice trades. Good start to the week, lets hope the setups keep coming, I’ve not managed to sort my charts yet. Been at uni all day. I did take a short on the EU based on the 1hr for +70pips down to 1.3437 at around 2 Oclock BST but couldnt post because at uni.

Lets see what tomorrow brings :wink:

Good trades PYD. I think we may be buying for the rest of the week. My longs also triggered on the NZD/USD, AUD/USD & NZD/JPY. I also see where the GBP/AUD & GBP/NZD are setting up PVSH shorts. An interesting week setting up it seems. I understand how the uni thing goes. Here at work and can only pop in and out. Have a good one.

Good Morning Everyone,

The following are updates on trades already taken and some that triggered late yesterday. I am currently:

Long EUR/USD +106pips, TP 1.3650
Long GBP/USD +120pips, TP 1.5680
Long NZD/USD +128pips, TP 0.7980
Long AUD/USD +121pips, TP 0.9970
Long EUR/JPY +63pips, TP 104.45
Long GBP/JPY +97pips, TP 120.0
Long NZD/JPY +87pips, TP 61.0
Short GBP/AUD +112pips, TP 1.5615
Short GBP/NZD +170pips, TP 1.9620

All trades were taken on the H4 chart of PVSLs and PVSHs. Will post charts as soon as time permits.

Hey Bank,
Amazing trades yesterday!
It’s good to see some action back in here. I’m inspired to get back into things, may take me a few days to get in the swing of things but hope to start contributing again shortly. Fortunately, my real job took off over the last couple months but that unfortunately lead to much less time studying the FX markets. So, I’ll be brushing up on my technique and watching the markets and hope to have some trade ideas to post soon.

Have a great day, good to see people back!

Hey PipDoctor,

Good to see you around here. Look forward to you sharing.

Longs on EU and GU closed for +135 and +142. Looking to re-enter long on EU at 1.3566 TP 1.3780.

GY closed +152. Went 8 pips to my tp and acting funny.