High risk trading

Hey.

I’m fairly new to Forex, but what I’ve read is that people usually make 5-10% profit per month.

I opened up a demo account with etoro which allows you to use 400x leverage. After a couple of months practice i decided to start fresh in the demon account with $2 000. A couple of weeks later the account showed about $40 000.

Then I put a $50 deposit in the real live account. Now- a few days later I have $60. A 20% return in just a couple of days.

I even created a blog to show my profits on (economicsfornoobs.blogspot.com).

Can someone explain why I have 20 doubled my demo account in a couple of weeks, while other people use years to double theirs?

maybe you’re the one exception in the group! continue to trade what you’re trading now to see what happen. If you can do it another 4-6 months, you’re the man.
Show me the money!

So you made your own blog about over leveraging. I will see you around in six months (doubtful).

Hi Bob, I think he’s genius!

The blog is more about makin’ money of the internet.

But if you trade with high leverage and have stoploss and takeprofit on 100%, a total noob would get a 50/50 win ratio. The spread is expencive whne using a high leverage like that, but still… If you have SOME clue about what you’re doing you should get over the 50/50 win ratio, right? Even if you get 70/30 ratio you’ll earn money on it over time…?

Me to I have never thought about over leveraging before.

FORGET the leverage part for a sec…
what is your strategy that you think you’ll win better than 50\50 for multiple trades per given time?
if you trade 100 times a month, 5ish times a day, do you think you will end in profit?
what about drawdowns, when you lose 5 trades in a row, just risking 20% a trade wipes it out at that!

Thnx for a serious response.

As I said, im new to the forex market - and i have no idea what im doing. Im using the most basic strategy there is when trading: Buy when low, sell when high. Im looking for a pattern in the graph, and working out of it. Ofc, sometimes the graph does weird stuff, but mostly it goes up and down :stuck_out_tongue:

And to answer your last question: If I lose 5 trades in a row I’ll be broke. Thats why i only have 50 bucks in my account. My plan is to do high risk trading until I get a better capital, an then going for something more safe.

But I gotta say… I just made an account here, asked a question straight up. The earlier response is kindof rude…? Im in the right place to ask questions, right? Its not like im trying to scam anyone or sell something. I just wanna learn about forex and blog about it. Whats wrong with that?

definitely start with reading baby pips school, go through the whole thing. then you’ll see there’s a lot to “that graph”

Ok your right I was a little rude so I am sorry.

You have to look at it from my standpoint though. Your title states high risk trading. So therefore you know what you are doing is probably not a good idea. You back it by only trading with 50 bucks. Then you link up to your blog. After all that your question is how did I do it in 2 days. Was that a serious question? I mean besides over leveraging we have no idea. Why dont you tell us how you did it. Buy low and sell high. Wow why didnt I think of that. How did you come to the conclusion that price was low enough to buy. Then I will take you seriously. Till then you are just another guy that came on here till he made 5 loosing trades in a row (and it will happen sooner than you think).

Thnx for the apology.

Over the last couple of months I’ve done some trading with my demo account - and yes, i’ve lost 5 trades in a row… Many times xD

The part i actually was wondering about is: What is so wrong with using leverage? If I start out with 50 bucks and dont use any leverage I wont earn any good money that makes this worth my while.

If a noob like myself can get atleast something out of high risk trading, why cant people who have done this for years do the same? Etoro’s ranking system shows people who made 6000% profit over the last 6 months.

Why isnt it smart to use leverage? (I understand 400x leverage is insane) but 100x makes your trade double in profit over a few pips?

Bob I agree.
Looking at a Coin Toss for example. Anyone can flip 5 Heads in a Row. In fact I watched a Documentary where Heads came up 10x in a row, which practically defies odds.

So my point to ategra is, as long as you limit your loss when tails eventually comes up, you will succeed in the long run.

When Bob speaks of people who came here and then had a string of losses, it wasn’t the losses that got em’, it was their lack of ability to control the wrong trades.

Good thread keep it going

Sorry if you got a rude welcoming to a forum for learning. I’m fairly new here myself, and I’m just trying to take the high road of assuming that the people who make the smart aleck comments think they’re coming across funnier than they sound in print. (True or not, I’d rather believe they are just bad comedians than mean-spirited people with no better way to amuse themselves than putting other people down.) Most people here are incredibly helpful, and the forums have upped my learning curve quite a bit beyond the school lessons. As the saying goes, don’t let the b-----ds get you down. Good luck on your winning streak! I hope it keeps up!

I’m not on a winning streak.

As you see on my first trade there, i only went with $2.50 because i wasnt totally sure which way it was going. Again, let me point out that im not saying i have any idea what im doing. What this post is about is if noobs like me can get something out of high-risk/high leverage trading, why cant people who actually know what they’re doing profit from it?

I do recommend you go through the school offered here. It is fine to use leverage as long as you know how to control leverage. In order to survive to must limit your losses. Risking it all on 5 bad trades is a sure fire way to get side lined quick. Not sure who your broker is but with an account of 50 bucks I would have to say it is Oanda. If not you should look into them unless your broker offers trading partial lots. Now only risk a % of account on any trade. It does limit your profits but you have a better chance of making it in this game.

Try not to pay attention to those numbers on Etoro and zulutrade. Most of those traders are short lived. They are doing the same as you. They risk it all and then they take a loss and disappear. There accounts get whipped out. Dont let that happen to you and if you dont watch out it will very soon. Unless you have a lot of luck on your side.

Because most of us have been there before and know where it leads. You can get away with it for a little while then wham there goes your trading account. Risking it all is just not sustainable over the long run. Compound profits and you will be surprised to see how fast a trading account can really grow.

Ok.

I currently use eToro, but its way much lag.

Anyways… If not do high risk trading, how big profit can you earn per month without that big of a risk? I like the concept of trading, and i want to do it for a living. But a 5% return per month means you’ll need a VERY big startout capital to be able to live on it.

Any of you actually living of forex? :slight_smile:

I have never seen anyone lose 96% of there account and not get a margin call. Sounds fishy to me. And you have to look at that 1 one you lost 96% before you called it. What would happen if you got a requote or any other delay and closing the trade. You would no longer have a trading account.

That -96% got a stop loss. And it wasnt 96% of my account. Lost 96% of my $10 trade :stuck_out_tongue: Still had 40-50 bucks left :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok that makes a little more sense. Well good luck please visit the school offered here though. You will learn alot from it