High risk trading

I agree, leverage of your account means nothing. Its your trading that determines risk.

yes and no. the higher the leverage, also the higher the risk to not been able to cover your positions, no matter how risky or not you might be.

Well you simply can not judge the trading results based on few trades. If you are really able to get this result consistently for more than two-three months then for sure you have developed a profitable trading system. :cheers:

I wonder if the OP is still trading FX…

Do you relly think that good results of 2-3 months will categorized a system profitable? I think we cannot say a system profitable until it performs consistently good for one year.

Definitely, a year is the minimum to say that you are actually consistent.

I will not recommend any trader to do high risk trading. This will come under greed and you may lose several trading accounts by doing so. I was myself in a hurry to be rich but this high risk trading has not lead me to any where near success.

Agreed that not all can manage the high risk trading because this will lead to the fear of losing money to the forex market because of the high risk thus taken while trading.

1 year with consistent profits and a system for a professional trader.
2 years with consistent profits and a system for a new trader.

If you find yourself closing positions because “you think” it will go up now and feel good about it … you don’t have a system. :slight_smile:

I really think it is just very stupid risk big expecting to gain little.

High risk trading is only for traders who are ready accept the either extremes.

forex trading means that you are earning profits by investing your money in different countries’ money. It is actually more riskier than dealing in share market. the concept where you earn profit by trading in currencies of different country is known as “hedging”. Means that you buy a currency of a particular country from one country and on the same day you sell the currency in another country where the exchange rate is more, thereby earning a profit.
my advice is that always invest in share market ‘A’ group companies with a long term perspective and you can never lose. Rather you will be able to earn many folds of profit in long term.
Don’t get fear of risk. As more the risk you will take, more returns can be expected of.

now, it is you who can decide that whether you are risk-averse investor or risk-taking?

All the best for future investments.

i tend to disagree!! high risk traders, or at least the high risk trader that i see on zulutrade, are only into the positive extreme outlier…always pushing it harder to get the max positive trades…even if this means to actually burst the followers accounts into margin call.

High risk trading is not even trading, its gambling. If you are here to trade in gambling style then you will only lose your amount every time you trade in such style.

Demo accounts are easy for taking profits. They had a lot of money as capital you can take hiogh risks and in loss you can recover next time. In live trading with limmited amount of capital youcan not bear high risks until you are not experienced trader.

No, it is not gambling! high risk also means high returns!
but this means that the follower also should have and a large account so not to get a margin call within the next hour.