High risk trading

Is that just a name change or?

more than a name change…
https://pepperstone.com/trading-accounts/edge.php

You can read the hype on their site. I think they are trying to improve their tick quotes.

You have to log in to a different server. Other then that I cant notice the difference. It has only been a few days of trading.

51-1

28% gain since Wed.

And No, I wont be posting my FXbook, I believe I have a very good strat, and i dont want dot connection, if you know what I mean.

Lol ok…

I believe over leveraging is killing and most newbies fails to survive from this.

exactly my point…i think this comment can be extended not only for newbies but for over-confindent traders as well

You could always post only the equity chart and % win/loss. All settings can be adjusted in myfxbook. This will at least show us you are all cracked up to be what you say you are…

I really like reading Bobmaninc and Clarkfx’s posts, because when they post they don’t glorify themselves. They are very down to earth. Money I will consider you in the same class if you can back up with proof what you are saying…

Trading results always speak much louder than words.

Yeah, I hear you Jim…

Started a demo, Making a deposit next week…

I would post the demo, but its fake money and means nothing to everyone here,lol…

Making a few changes this week, time to get the show on the road…

my last account went 64-2, then hit my5% loss for the day… I know what I did wrong, I learned alot from it…

Here is what I learned, Taking a loss is healthy, lol

I believe it takes years of experience to develop a strong psychi against the greed which is the best friend of over leveraging.:wink:

It took Mr. Gann 10 years of R&D before he found his holy grail!
:60:

Starting small is a good idea because, by definition, you are risking a small amount. Demo trading and real money trading are psychologically different, while you can trick your brain into thinking they are the same, it only works to a degree. Interesting project, nonetheless. Good luck.

I thought we have buried this thread

you can dream of a good future, but you must stay realistic and grounded and not be too excited of the first few profits that you make.
the market can easily double your account or take away everything in a blink of an eye. continue your learning about the market. trade very carefully.

I think one should trade for at least a few months or even a year before deciding whether he’s good at it or not. In the short run, anything can happen. One can trade for one month and easily double his account balance, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the trader is a genius. Only when he can [I]consistently[/I] make profit over a long period of time can he say that he is truly good at trading.

Yes it’s true… there is a difference in demo versus real money trading…you can almost never react in the same way. Maybe it’s the adrenalline that works for us sometimes.

I find demo trading is useful but only to see if a trading system works. If you get all nervous about holding trades etc its because the trading system sucks. If you find a system that works on demo then as long as you follow the same rules with a real account you will be fine.

Back to the original tread “High risk trading” - I think high risk trading is awesome as long as the risk reward is there. If there is only a 1 in 5 chance the trade will be successful but if it is you will make 20 times your stop loss then this system is a winner!!

wow 400 leverage.It can wipe out the account in no time.

indeed!!! you cannot become a millionaire with 1000USD account and high leverage !! this is a market myth that only intends to get your money. better use registered brokers with lower leverage rather than offshore ones …thats what i am doing with my aaafx account - small accounts @small leverage - steady returns over longer period of time.

I have 1:500 leverage with my broker and I think I only use 1:5 or less than that. I look at my FX account as a savings account with a little more interest, nothin more.

Regards.