Holy Grail System

I was using v1.6 all morning and was making some good money, but since I changed the indicator to v2.5 I was loosing about 60% of the trades. Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks Proximusā€¦ I shall begin testing later tonight.

unfortunately not working well for me :frowning:

I see the biggest reason where itā€™s failing is the arrows against the trend. Do you think you could create a filter for that or a setting where i can disable arrows/alerts if itā€™s showing against the trend? Or even just add an asterisk to alerts that are against the trend. That would be just great!

Strange. No matter how long i back test the system there are more errors than correct signals. Will you be tweaking it more? So promising indicator but still needs work i thinkā€¦ maybe more filters?

Try with period 20 and period 6, my optimization showed the best results on those settings.I might get to fix it, but im busy now researching other systems.Im sorry if itā€™s not that good as expected but i will work on it to improve it, it is still statistically better than the previous versions, so we are on the good path.

Thanks for your reply. So is it period 20 or 6? There is only 1 field for period. thank you!

I suspect he means try both ā€¦ or either.

The reason i asked to make sure is in v1.6 there were two fields one for period and one for ADX. In v2 thereā€™s only period 14. So I will set it to 20. 6 doesnā€™t sound right for a period. it may give to many false positives.

Try both, i cant really tell now which is better but on my optimization these 2 settings showed the best results :slight_smile:

Yeah, well i removed the ADX, since if i filter with ADX then sometimes it will filter 1 side of the trade but will have no exit nearby enough, so itā€™s hard to do it.One thing you could do it to use ADX separately and enter in trade only when ADX tells you to.

Thanks. will try and report my results.

Iā€™m getting this error in logs:

20:27:30 HOLY GRAIL SYSTEM V2.5 EURUSD,M5: invalid double number as parameter 2 for ā€˜SetLevelValueā€™ function
20:27:30 HOLY GRAIL SYSTEM V2.5 EURUSD,M5: initialized

not sure what it means

Opps i left accidentally a junk code in the indicator :D, ok for now on i`ll upload the source code of the next versions so in case of any bugs you can correct them too.

Oh that would be fantastic. I really wanted to get the code so i could do small adjustments myself, but didnā€™t ask because i thought you wouldnā€™t share. Thank you! I will wait for your unencrypted mq4 file.

I think Iā€™ll try this in demoā€¦ I like itā€™s simplicityā€¦ I hope this post keeps getting updated.

just looking at your system alone ā€¦you can see it works only wen the market is trending and lossing more when the market is rangingā€¦so wrk on it to filter when dere is a ranging market not to take any tradeā€¦jst my opinion. E.g I TRIED IT WITH 50 EMA PLACED ON A 15MINS CHART AND IT WAS BETTERā€¦YOU FOLLOW THE BUY SIGNAL ONLY WHEN PRICE IS ABOVE 50EMA AND FOLLOW SELL ONLY WHEN PRICE IS BELOW 50 EMAā€¦CHECK IT AND SEE FOR URSELFā€¦

Ok guys here is the big one,sorry for the slow update,but here is the V4 of the indicator now,i fixed it a little bit, but right now i donā€™t work on this project, i work on other.That doesnt mean that i will abandon this one, it only means that right now this one is on hold.

And so because i dont have much time to work on this project i thought that i give you the source code, so that you guys can work on it too if you want, because it has no reason to put the encrypted file here when some of you, who can program MQL4 might want to improve my code, so because of that i share the source code.Itā€™s long and a bit complicated but you are fee to edit it.

The only requirement i have is that if you edit the code, please upload it here so that we can test the improved version, and please use the // mark and, mark the places where you edited the code so that we can know where is different and where is the original.Thats all of it.

And lastly to say,i will keep this thread subscribed so if any problems you have with editing and improving the indicator you can ask it here or in private and i will try to help you out guys.
Since the V4 is not that much of imrovement ,rather bug fixing, and i removed a little bit of junk code ,so it is now avaiblable for customizing.

HOLY GRAIL V4.zip (2.95 KB)

So anyone any feedback/observations?

Now that you can edit the source code,everyone can participate in the improvement of the indicator not only me, so post here your suggestions what / and more importantly [B]HOW [/B]to improve the system.Thanks!

[QUOTE=ā€œProximus;572436ā€]So anyone any feedback/observations? Now that you can edit the source code,everyone can participate in the improvement of the indicator not only me, so post here your suggestions what / and more importantly HOW to improve the system.Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ok so far. Iā€™m using the fabulono method ( see above) but with the 55 sma (Fibonnaci number). Small profit so far but thats good. How would i go about changing the code to ensure that I only get long signals when above 55 sma and short when below 55 sma?

Thanks for your work on this.