Holy Grail System

Thank you very much for the update. I will start testing it.

Can you tell us what’s improved in v4 and what is the PRECISION in settings?

thanks.

You have to edit the code, the section where the BUY and SELL testings are orruced,
and declare a variable, a double, named lets say SMA which will be a simple moving average, see the documentation of the function, and put in the if of the testing SMA>55 or SMA<55.Its simple.

It is the precision needed to give a signal, the higher precision the less signals the lower the number the more signals.It is a correlation factor with previous prices, so if it needs a high correlation value its logical that it will give accurate trades but at the expense of clear exit levels and more rare.You must find a balance between settings.

[QUOTE=“Proximus;572568”] You have to edit the code, the section where the BUY and SELL testings are orruced, and declare a variable, a double, named lets say SMA which will be a simple moving average, see the documentation of the function, and put in the if of the testing SMA>55 or SMA<55.Its simple.[/QUOTE]

Thanks…but I would have no idea how to do that.

am surprised at the result so far from my own little improved version of this system …the results are sweet …but i wud really want to test its weakness when the market is less volatile and in a ranging form…so far so good …i added braintrend stop too it …its working perfectly for now …little stoploss and nice trailing style …

can you share your updated version please?

dis how it looks now …i dnt knw how to code …so i added them on my chat myself …hope it hepls…lol

Do you find v2.5 better than v4.0?

thanks for sharing!

i have not tested the v4 yet …but this v2.5 is what am using and its perfect so far…what was added to the v4 ?

Proximus the developer of HG did not provide details other than said it was greatly improved. I think v4 is a little better, but I still see lots of flaws. I hope someone could improve it.

just try the one i am talking abt and u will get back wit ur own result.

I’ll test it. thank you

Strange,since 2.5 is almost as the V4 except the precision feature and a few bug fix.Although i`m curious what did you think about the pre 2.0 versions.They were based on a different system, so if you found those better i still have the source code of those so i can put that up if you wish.

All pre 2.0 versions were based on fractals so they might not be that quick, but they were still more accurate.So in v4 i gave up accuracy for swiftness and tried to balance it, so to be lagging only 1 candle, but as accurate as possible.

I hope we can work out a few stuff, i am open to any suggestion guys, since i`ve ran out of ideas .If you got any suggestion i can put that into the indicator.

When I found this indicator it was on version 1.6 and I really liked it. Then things kind of started to go off. I think more accurate but a little lagging might still be better than less accurate. Also please make it non-repainting.

thanks.

True, since it was based on fractals.It must repaint, there is no way out of that, thats why i didnt liked it.Just seems that fractals dont work, thats it.We need a new approach, or we need to start from scratch a completely new system.
But we keep the graphical features cos they are so nice,i kinda feel ashamed i put more work in the display than in the system, but now we must work on the system too :slight_smile: So i wait suggestions.

BTW here is the version which PaulWS requested with the 55 SMA filter, since nobody coded that in, i had to do that myself too :).I dont know how well it will work, but its worth a checkout.

HOLY GRAIL V4.1 (for PaulWS).zip (3.02 KB)

Thanks. I will test this one.

Para 2TF.ex4.zip (5 KB)

Is it possible to add this filter for both red show only short positions and for both blue show long arrows?

Trend Magic.ex4.zip (3.14 KB)

Or even this one might be better for any time chart.

thanks

It is ex4, i cannot work with that its encrypted.Put here only mql4 extension files , only those can be edited…

TYVM Proximus :). I will give it a try.