How can we improve our trading?

Whether you’re new to currency trading or a seasoned trader you can always improve your trading skills. As a trader you’ll likely never be as good as you can because perfection in the art of trading is impossible. Education is fundamental to successful trading. No matter how good of a trader you become you can always get better. That’s what keeps you interested even after you become consistently profitable.

We can improve our trading skills if we want to learn from our experience. As a trader, we must learn from our experience, learn from our mistake to make us be better trader. I also tried to take part in demo contest using demo account to hone skills and get more trading experience

For me it’s just been persistence, just keep at it until my emotions in trading dwindle. Have taken some time out too, and it has definitely helped, much more of an observer now, and it’s paying dividends.

Not being in a trade is good thing too, that’s been hard to learn.

From my personal thinking after trading in forex for 3 years I will tell a sentence on your quote that I think trading experience is a very important to improve skill and also to keep up to date of market all the time in which pair we are interested in making new order. I do not know it is correct or not!!!

Treat Forex trading as a real business instead of a just a part-time interest by creating a trading plan and test it in every trading scenario you can invest your valuable time in to gain experience. Generally this works out to be choosing the right pair to trade which has some price movement/volatility and making sure that you trade in the right direction with not too much leverage.

I agree…that’s the fact, when it comes to trading, every trader evolves, some get better while others don’t. The key is that the former use discipline, try to understand the market and develop valid trading strategies, the later opt to gamble it all and we all know how that pans out in the end…

I would say if you are losing money, keep losing it… maybe you want to lose every penny you have, even better! You don’t need to get better at this, because it’s designed so you lose money. I don’t know why anyone would want to get better at losing money. My advice is simple; sell high, buy low.

I think everyone who responded to the question had some valid points. I think instead of going over some of the same things other posters stated. I think it would be good to list some platforms to help us improve our trading.

1. Good Forex articles
  2. Quality Forex webinars
  3. Forex podcasts
  4. Solid courses

There are four different platforms which can help all Forex traders improve our trading.

Hope it helps.

Psychology and a robust trading plan are important, but I think that practice is what really improves skills.

Eg you traded yesterday and had a bad day. Being able to go through that day again in a trading simulator gives you a proper chance to see if you can do it again a few times and improve what you are looking for - then when you come across these things again, it is more automatic. Demo accounts work in real-time to get to know your way around a platform, but I find that a proper simulator (Look at STIG Trader) where you can speed up time and review conditions has been the best way for me to improve my skills - and even though I have been trading for a few years now, there is always room for improvement and practice. A bit like a professional athlete or musician - no matter how good they are, they still practice and train before a live performance.

We can improve our trading skill by learning from our past experience and the experiences of other trader.(experience is the best teacher) we should take forex as real business not gambling and we should be dedicated to trading forex. Constant trading forex will make you a successful trader.

$495 is it value for money do you think?

Best way to improve trading is practice , practice and practice. it could be with low investment on demo or bonus trading. As much trader will do trading with risk management rules he will know the art of doing trading . He can then face any market situation .

I agree with you, if a trade wants to improve his trading then he needs to improve on aspects he is weak on. There is no need to go for everything in trading, you only need to set your target and then learn that properly.

If we are able to set good and achievable trading targets then our trading will also become a lot more easier and this way we would be able to earn money.

The only thing that is needed is good control over our trades :40:

If any trader wants to improve his trading then he needs to trade in live account for practice purposes. Because in a demo account a trader is not trained to perfection. For this, he needs to trade in his real account where he gets emotional training as well.

I would say that when i started doing my trades Demo trading was very much helpful for me :slight_smile:

And i have gained much knowledge from using the Demo accounts :slight_smile:

Trading in demo account is helpful to get more experience how to trade well and implementation in reality about the theory which you have read and learned so far. There is no worry for making observation how to gain more profit so demo account is good account for testing new strategy too. But we must realize too that demo account is different with real account so don’t be so ****y when you’re capable to gain big profits in demo account because it doesn’t directly make you became good trader in real account too.

Demo trades are going to help you in understanding about the Forex markets and also you will know what is the best timing for your trades :slight_smile: