How do you expect the Brexit vote to go tomorrow? DEFEATED

Thanks for the explanation. That makes way more sense now. I didn’t make sense to me that all these MPs were resigning their posts.

Any deals on the horizon, or still as bad as it has been?

May recently said: “let’s listen to what the voters said in the elections and put our differences aside for a moment. Let’s do a deal”

But Corbyn says he can’t trust here. Not much progress it seems.

No resolutions to the Brexit issue in sight yet.

Both May and Corbyn have back-tracked on commitments they made. Neither trusts the other and the majority of the people don’t trust either.

1 Like

Meanwhile things don’t look too rosy for Treason May !

Is this a serious possibility? Umm, crazy.

Second referendums have been successfully used in several EU member countries to overturn initial exit results. There is growing political support in the UK for a second referendum, sometimes worded as to resemble a confirmatory referendum to confirm that whatever draft Brexit deal terms are agreed, these will be acceptable to the population.

In addition, some of the possible Brexit terms could be argued to not amount to leaving the EU anyway. For example, if the UK remains in a customs union, the rules of which prevent us from negotiating independently with non-EU trading partners, is that really leaving the EU?

I wondered about this distinction. But a second referendum would take forever to put together, wouldn’t it. Like months I thought? What deciding question(s) would be asked? Can there be just one?

THE REFERENDUM had the fairest question -

Do you want to Leave the EU ?
Do you want to Remain.

There was tehn a leaflet sent to every house in teh UK at a cost of £9 million which laid out
the consequences ;

"No Single market"
No Customs Union"
Make our own Laws etc - well see for yourslef what an unbiased document it was !

Yet still we had the Balls to say "WE WANT OUT ! " by a margin of nearly 10% !

Still those who we TRUSTED to Honour their commitment to us have betrayed that trust and there can be NO “Second referendum!” - We did not “Get it wrong” and we DID UNDERSTAND what we were voting for. - No we are not ALL “Thick Northern Racists” as those in the Westminster Bubble and the mainstream media would have you believe.

YOU Cannot have another Referendum without carrying out the clear instructions contained in the first one - Else How can we (THE VOTERs) ever trust you to carry out your pledges again ?

[NOTE ; -
",This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide…"

]

NO Mention of “Deals” - No mention of " Voting again if you get it wrong!

Well we GOT it Right - and the more we see fo the way these Beaurocratic dictators operate and the way they bully our useless career politicians - the more and the sooner we need to be well clear of them !

That PDF is pretty clear, @falstaff. The lay out the benefits more clearly than the negatives, but the messaging about potential economic downturn is there. But given the benefits of EU access, and the controls that the UK has on immigration and border control, what were the primary points that pushed the majority to vote leave? I thought it was immigration and securing a better deal with the EU. It’s probably deeper than that, yes?

I think you can see from that PDF @dudebro that “they” were just treating us like “difficult children” - The News, media, and even the “discussion programmes” from the “mainstream” were absolutely packed with “Project Fear” - We had our chancellor telling us that he would have to do an emergency budget if we were silly enough to vote leave ! We had that Canadian governor of the Bank of England telling us that we would go bust and as you say - all that economic gloom and doom in the actual document - and that was just for VOTING to leave ! [note Mervin King - the previous Governor of the Bank of England, when asked was pretty much in Favour of leaving !

They even dragged that stooge - Obama over here to tell us We would be at the end of the Queue for a deal with USA - Now since the Yanks don’t actually say “Queue” that was obviously a plant ! :roll_eyes: - But Hey - we’re too thick to “twig” that !

Stupid tho’ that was - they sent that damned Pelosi woman over a couple of weeks ago to repeat the threat ! :rofl:

We were going to get visitations in the night and the first born son of every family would perish overnight - Plagues of Black Locusts would descend and devour every green thing in our country ! :wink:

Really - it just got so silly that it was just a pantomime - "LOOK HE’s BEHIND YOU "! :joy:

Well I don’t know about you but sometimes when somebody is so insistent on convincing you they are right, That in itself is usually a very good reason for disbelieving them ! As a Young QS I had an old PQS insisting that some water sprays were a part of the “Design Development” of the scheme. I didn’t know why at the time but I refused to accept that and found out why about a year later when he was forced to accept they were “Design Changes” and we earned around £1million for them.

Here in uk we are apparently quite passive and will appear to accept any old garbage whether it be the post modernist view of the EU as “Salvation” for the world or the fiction of “Manmade CO2 = Global Warming” - or the View of the same Postmodernist neo marxists of “Identity politics” and setting women against men using the “Feminist tag” being a valid and somehow honourable view of the world. :roll_eyes:

However, we are not like that and at the end of the day, push us far enough and we will call “BullSH*T” - That is why we voted to leave - But of course that doesn’t fit the narrative of the “postmodernist” - to them we have to be “OLd White Men” (because that is the “Tyranny” they “KNOW” is the reality. - We have to be “Racists” - hence the “immigration card” - Note also we are “Thick” because those who are looking down on us have some sort of useless “degree” in “gender studies” or “media studies” which entitles them (they persist) - to be of the “Intelligensia” whereas those they surmised as coming from “the North” and “Thick” were simply what "they used to call “Chavs” (“Council House Anti-social Vermin”) - whereas a good many of us DO have REAL degrees, Professional Qualifications or true trade qualifications and many many more are self - employed, having received their educations in the "university of Life and Commerce !

WE solve Real problems for a living - “THey” e-mail each other with their SJW solutions for “putting the world to rights”

Yet still they will not learn - “They” insist we didn’t know what we were voting for - well you read the PDF - Did we ? or Didn’t we /

and in 5 weeks the BREXIT party has enough potential vote to push Labour into third place behind the “Lib Dems” (WHo are neither Liberal - Nor “Democrats” btw !) and the Conservatives - last time anybody bothered to look at their irrelevance were 5th! behind the damn Greens :rofl: and could only muster 9% ! That is seriously low enough to be way below “Criticall mass” for survival which sits arund 16% !

The Brexit Party now outguns BOTH of ths top two parties combined by a LOT of votes. And has as it’s stated objective to TELL the Government WE Want a WTO (No Deal) Brexit - and we want it Now - WE Want some of our excellent experienced negotiators to form a good part of the NEW Negotiation team! - Last count we had 35% of the vote - it Will get bigger as the people start to hear about us ! :wink: But the principle is cear "!

Us " thick Northern Racists" who didn’t know what they were voting for - Are TELLING YOU ! You let us leave with a proper Brexit - Or we will chase you into the House of Commons and the House of Lords if we need to = and YOU WIll be leaving !

'nuff said ? - Hope that helps mate ! :smiley:

Big help and a big mess! Hope you all can get to a resolution before it all implodes.

Do we want a resolution ? this is what we really want !

And we did mention it to them ! :wink:

Another piece of the MAJOR problem is the damned “Euro” as a currency.

Please take a look at what this lady has to say about modern monetary theory [Basically it took a while for us to realise that the “gold Standrd” was now obsolete - having been abolished !

However when the “Mediteranean Economies” were suckered in to the “Euro” - They affectively became ! “Banana Republics”

Because they did not understand ! the role of disastrous "Economic Hit Men" which there is actually a book about !

The IMF as an Abuser ! :roll_eyes:

I can’t see the situation “Imploding” - “EXPLODING” - Oh yes - I see that as quite a large risk - but hey - I am in favour of Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party ! :rofl:

And here is what the SW1 “Elitists” and their “supermedia” propagandists do to the reality of the situation

How on earth is THAT a “fair” comparison - SPIT !

The hard Brexit looks all the more likely. What do you think?

I’ll come back to you on this one later - I think we are at a crisis point of Democracy worldwide, but here is an interview with “Our Moggy” which is measured and “grown up” as we have learned to expect from a very intelligent and articulate politician of “great weight” - Well worth 11 minutes to listen to what he has to say.

Apparetly even in Australia, the same “problem” of people beginning to take notice and reject the neo marxist the Post modernists is taking hold and the quiet majority (who “they” call “the far right” :roll_eyes:) are telling their own tale of common sense and calling “Bulls**t” to the propaganda - so this is not only in the uk, not only in the USA, not only in the EU - It is Worldwide ! Good on yer cobbers !

A longer vid - but equally points out the “Westminster bubble” equivalent “Elitist” policy of Entitlement has been recognised and addressed by the “Quiet majority”

Wherever you look - “The Genie is out of the bottle” !

Quote from one of the reviewers of this next one ;

"… Dan C.
Dan C.
2 weeks ago
There’s a reason Peterson is asked most of the questions. Wisdom is universally recognized. …"

Here is her “speech” - if you want to waste 20 minutes watching her waffle ! - Basically EVERYTHING goes back to Parliament - for “them” to decide - and Nothing new is proposed. She is throwing it open for Labour to “Back” - well a Mr Corbyn who wants a General election - like he can TASTE it knowing he is hugely ahead on the Polls - Is definitely going to say “Yes” - isn’t he ? Her Brexiteers are really peed of with her and the “Remainers” hate the fact that she is asking Labour. as far as I can see this upsets EVERYBODY and I believe it to have been written specially as a vehicle to try to avoid splitting the Conservative Party. I do not know who by, but my guess is that 1922 committee have had a serious input !

She threatens at the end that a General Election would be likely to be the result of refusal to pass this Treaty.

Only Her own MPs would be terrified of that outcome !

Labour, Lib Dems, Greens, Brexit PArty, would all be strongly in favour of that, in view of the weakness of the position her own disastrous dealing with this matter has left the Conservative PArty in !

Meanwhile, on Thursday, I shall be voting for a WTO exit as championed by the Brexit Party. :smiley:

I hope to see you down there ! :smiley:

Here’s a brief view by the Financial times a few days ago - setting out three major reasons why her own MPs detest her “Deal” in it’s basic form!

This analysis of May’s “speech” has just popped up - This guy does often come up with a lot of sense pretty early and is quick.

I think that is an excellent question. Personally I can’t see the Conservatives willingly going down the WTO route - even to save the £39 Billion, if it means a few of them might resign - perhaps go to “Chukka and his chums” Party ?

However they are haemorraging “MPs” as well and a “Whipped vote” would now be HARD for them to win !

Only “Boris” I think has the Personality to pull it off as a “Just walk away” at October 31st and whether even he is that strong - I doubt, even tho’ it coud just be the only thing which could rescue the Conservative PArty from permanent obscurity.

Nigel Farage thinks the chances of an Autumn General Election are now about 50-50 - Now bearing in mind he IS “One of us” (Old school Professional Trader in Metals) and is renowned for “Liking a bet” - I would treat his assesment with some merit !

However, due to the lack of “Media coverage” which we have come to expect, I don’t think many people here will have had the opportunity to hear the words from his own mouth - I suggest that You @mtb_rex and @dudebro - pick up this video of a recent rally around minute 57 and just listen for a while. :smile: