How do you expect the Brexit vote to go tomorrow? DEFEATED

Looks like the main vote is happening at 7:30 PM local time.

Labour, SNP and Leigh all pull their amendments - meaning result of main vote will be at 7.30pm, not 8.15pm

Live updates, play-by-play.

THanks for that mtb - gotta be better than “Stenders” :wink:

If trading cable watch Eur/Gbp for direction - it’s down to the numbers (15 mins) and what Juncker has to say - next hr

GEEZUS ! - 230 Votes !

Yes 202
No 432

From the Guardian:

May says MPs will get chance to debate no confidence motion tomorrow
Theresa May is making a statement to MPs now.

She says the result tells us what MPs do not want, but not what they want.

She says she will first ensure MPs can see if they still have confidence in the government. If Jeremy Corbyn tables a no confidence motion, it will get debated tomorrow. And if he does not, the government will allow other opposition parties to table a motion.

May says MPs will get the chance to debate a motion of no confidence tomorrow.
She says she will then hold talks with the other parties to see what solution might be acceptable.

And she says she will go back to the EU to consider new plans.

May says she will hold talks with the opposition parties about an alternative Brexit approach.

gbp rising on likelihood EU27 will agree to date extn… buy the rumour now it seems

Statement by European Commission President Juncker

But doesn’t this just kick the can down the road?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGp6CUAAnO4

This is why we in uk should be so grateful for Soros pushing the BoE out of the ERM. If he hadn’t done that - we’d be stuck in there Now !

Yep, it is a mere rumour derived from comments made by EU two weeks ago. Initially they had said there would be no extension, then they seemed to soften on that stance. Problem is that in May there are the EU elections, legal problems if UK seek MEP elections.

Pressure is now actually off EU in general and Ireland in particular given the size of the defeat, so chances of no deal increase.

Not what HMRC and UK govt are saying, lots and lots and lots of detailed rules and regulations, thousands of them in fact.

First thing is try figuring the commodity code for a roof tile, you must check:-.

•whether or not they have been fired
•the type of material from which they’re made - for example terracotta, stoneware or porcelain
•whether or not they’re glazed
•their type and purpose
•whether they’re ornamental or functional

Of course take into account:

Items with a mixed combination of crushed stone and resin were previously classified according to the material of the highest %, there’s now been a change as stated within the amended notes

But do not forget that:

When the resin provides the essential character they are classified as articles of Chapter 39

Hmmm… what regulations?

Should add that if the tiles are made of plastic then the regulations are much easier (for those of us with chemistry phd’s)

We need to know:

Correctly classifying plastics and processed or finished plastic products is easier if you have an understanding of the basic chemistry of plastics and how the products are manufactured. This guide covers classifying plastics according to their polymer type and some specific plastic goods

Are you all for the No Deal Brexit?

Regarding Brexit, what does the option “for parliament to grab control of the process” mean? Is Parliament not the one doing the voting?

It is clear that those who have managed to get themselves elected via varios selection processes - do NOT represent the will of their electors.

The people have spoken with a clear 10% majority in the biggest vote ever in the UK - yet the wreckers refuse to accept the mandate AND even now seem to think it permissible that they can and indeed “SHOULD” use any devious means to defy democracy ! :roll_eyes:

I have to say that that biased article is pretty much the norm these days - who cares these days about a “balanced view” - certainly it seems - not Reuters !

I wasn’t expecting politics talk here but can I just say May is the most incompetent PM I have seen in my lifetime"

2 Likes

Definitely.

But I’ve a horrible feeling she will come through this nevertheless with united party support and no prospect of being de-throned or a General Election. Its looking more likely the EU might compromise, in the face of continuing threat of a no-deal Brexit - through either or both an extension to Article 50 and a customs border check system between the EU and Eire, rather than between GB and Northern Ireland or between Northern Ireland and Eire.

While I don’t want to see a change in PM until after Brexit, I wouldn’t want her to continue a day longer than that, while definitely not wanting Labour to gain power.

Good question - for GBP it’s what the market expects to happen that counts, your linked article sums up market expectation.

There is no written constitution for UK, parliament behaves according to precedent. The sitting Govt normally has a majority, the present one does not and relies on 10 DUP votes.

There is an expectation that a majority of mp’s will ‘take control’ away from the UK Govt, obviously no guarantee that they will agree.

The market is therefore looking again at UK data in general and these last days this in particular:

More details re UK parliament here:
https://www.britpolitics.co.uk/a-level-uk-parliament-british-politics-government-authority

1 Like

Gove for next PM?