How do you keep being motivated?

My motivation is my result, the better it is, the more confident I feel and want to work more. If something goes wrong, I get very upset and sometimes I even need time to take a break.

Money, money, money - I love money - that’s a simple motivation!!!

2 Likes

lol true, learning this skill will in fact bring you money

1 Like

I think it is important, that one point should also be mentioned:

It is not a shame to stop something that is not within someones skills.
Every good trainer (whatever the subject is) takes the guy aside who has other talents and and tells him in a modest way that he should better play tennis than becomming an NBA star, if he realizes that fact.

A bad trainer tells the untalented guy all the time, that he will make it, just to get the hours payed he is teaching him something he will never learn…

This does not mean, that someone should not stick to learning, but this means that someone has to realize also, that horse riding is not everybodys thing, and its more profitable to invest his time and money in other subjects.

1 Like

I’ve never thought about it… I just like what I do and I’m happy.

In order to be constantly motivated, I try to constantly find some new trading data, read articles and watch training videos, I find interesting news, etc. In this way, I am constantly on the subject, and I always have something to work on the market. It really opens new perspectives and I feel more free in the market.

Can relate well to this. Your trades do affect the level of motivation that you have. But still, one should try to stay as unaffected as possible.

Just think about what you can profit and motivation will come. :smiley:

Tip 1: At the beginning clarify what needs to get done
Tip 2: Find out what motivates you personally and use this knowledge
Tip 3: Self-motivation through visualization

It just happens somehow, I just work and I don’t get bored, I think I just found something that suits me and that allows me to realize myself. And I certainly wanted to wish the same for all traders.

[quote=“Johnscott31, post:73, topic:240033”]
If you trade on demo, until without a shadow of a doubt you have developed the mindset of a winning trader you will come out the other side.
[/quote]i think one of the major flaws people have starting out is patience, regarding waiting for set ups which have a good profit /loss ratio chance,the patience is not rewarded financially in demo also the feeling of loss isnt really felt so its all abit of conundrum really, maybe demo great for learning technical things ,but you have to move onto real to test your attitudes

[quote=“justshell, post:2, topic:240033”]
What’s your purpose for trading? i think is so true purpose or goals

It seems to me that motivation can only disappear if you have had some kind of failure and you understand that what you were doing before didn’t help you get results.
But there’s a lot of things that depend on a person, of course, for a lot of people it’s not a problem.

Well yeah. And failure is a very common thing in trading. so yes one does tend to become demotivated.

If Michael Jordan had quit every time he failed.

If Mark D. Cook failed when he not only got the trade wrong, ended up owing $500k (I think) and had to work to pay it off.

Losing trades is normal. Losing streaks are normal. It’s all part of the business. And that is when you are profitable.

When you are still starting, this is to be expected.

I stay motivated by thinking about my family. I think about my old work and my jerk bosses. I think about people who retired but then had to get a job as a security guard to supplement their pension. I think about a friend who had a year before retirement and was let go. I think of being stuck in a nursing home instead of being in my mansion surrounded by nice Filipino nurses. I think about people trying to make it in the dumps of Lagos and the Filipinos who have to eat recycled food waste from McDonalds and KFC.

When I think about all those things, the pain of learning to trade is nothing.

1 Like

Whenever I feel dejected in trading I think of my dreams, my kids and my wife which give me a strength so that I keep moving. One thing is clear at only salary cant fulfil my wishes then how can I expect it to fulfil the wishes of my family. Profit and losses are just the part and parcel of trading. Even the greatest of traders have to take risks and bear a loss that doesn’t mean they should give up. So, to keep yourself motivated you need find an inspiration as in why and for whom you want to do trading. If you look around, there are many people who do jobs even after retirement to supplement their pensions just to maintain the same lifestyle. I want to have a beautiful life afterwards so I want to save in advance so that I can spend to create moments afterwards. Whenever things go wrong with me, there are some beautiful lines that charge me up.
“When things go wrong as sometimes they will
When the roads you are trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile but have to sigh
When care is pressing you down a bit….
Rest if you must, but do not quit.”

Keep believing and never give up !

1 Like

you can continue with trading to keep yourself motivated and keep yourself updated about the market, that will help you!

Best way to stay motivated.

1 Like

I don’t know what else can provide serious motivation. The desire to learn and develop one’s own skills, maybe.

That’s right! But those who do not sit back because of failure and learn from it to achieve better, those succeed.

1 Like