How do you keep being motivated?

That is such a good approach. Many traders should try this. One actually feels relaxed after they meet their friends/family.

This is a difficult question. Try to weigh the pros and cons, if it is beneficial for you and you have enough strength, then continue. A trader requires fortitude in the same way. As already said, don’t let emotions take over, move with your mind

What happens when you lose though. And what happens if you have a string of loses? I think just thinking about profits can turn in disaster if you hit a bad run.

And thinking more about this, I think traders that just like learning and trying new things and want to get better at whatever they’re into at the moment, are probably better suited to trade in the first place. Like, a systematic approach. X isn’t working. Let’s try Y. Then Z. Repeat.

So I think whether you like learning stuff will keep you motivated.

That is a great approach, but I, personally, prefer online meetings only these days.

1 Like

You have to find your Why? Why are you trading currencies? Why are you in the markets? If you have a strong enough WHY, you’ll see through the bad times

1 Like

Knowing that it is always brighter after dark i keep myself motivated.

1 Like

to remain motivated one needs to be happy in all scenarios. Thats the mantra of life.

1 Like

The thought of becoming independent keeps me motivated.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a driving force behind many traders though. Are you a full time trader?

1 Like

Trading is an opportunity to earn money just by sitting at a place, I believe this is the biggest motivation we all have.

1 Like

I learn from my bad trades and the thought of trading again without repeating that mistake motivates me.

1 Like

Its so good that people are reviewing their bad trades and mistakes. I hardly see anyone talking about this, but it is so so important according to me.

1 Like

To be motivated, think of the time that you invested in learning and understanding the key concepts of the forex market. This is what you have invested till now. Try to analyse the reasons that make your trade fail and backtest the strategy with another plan. This is how you can move forward.

2 Likes

I get motivated with even small achievements.

2 Likes

I keep talking to other traders about their trades and learning new things from them.

2 Likes

You will lose, you will win. Accept it and approach each trade as its own event.

Work on your strategies and if you don’t wanna give up, demo account trading should be your thing for now. Moreover, failures are what trigger you to work harder and better. The same philosophy applies in forex trading. If demo isn’t helping you, you could go live by investing a small sum of money and try copy trading. Maybe what works for someone else might work for you too.

I can totally relate to you on this, when I have the days , where my trades just go into losses, I generally close them in order to minimise my losses. Then is the time for me to analyse the reasons for my trades going south and make the changes that need to be done and this is what motivates me, to work on my failure. I am not sure, if it would work for you but you can give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go back to learning in case there are certain facts that aren’t cleared. And honestly I think you’re quite motivated to have stayed despite the losses.

Set your goals in a way that you keep going back to them until you’ve achieved them entirely. This will act as a motivating factor. Works for me.