How long did it take you to finish the babypips school of pipsology?

i’m taking the lessons in the school and i just want to more or less have an estimate of the time i need to spend reading this. how long did it take you to finish it and after finishing it, did you feel like that was enough? thanks.

6 Likes

i’m sorry if i may seem like an airhead at times but i want to learn from people here too

2 Likes

I finished the old one but then when they redid the web site I started over still not done with the second time thru… and I redo some sections a few times.

I really enjoy the little quizzes at the end of a section… really lets me know how dumb I can be…

6 Likes

It took me a few months, I took notes along the way. Ended up with ~360 pages that I put in a binder.

You’re not going to absorb everything at once, and that’s okay. Just pace yourself and when going through it make sure it’s to understand it not just to get it done. Have fun!

11 Likes

I took me only a month or 3 weeks but I went HAM on it I lost sleep cause of it but PAYS OFF

16 Likes

It has taken me 3 weeks of really hard work to go through the course first time. Now I am going through all over again, now that I have a general idea, I am now taking quizzes as I go to help with internalising. I am also realising I need morz concentration on other areas than the others

5 Likes

Nice to know you’re reading through the school! :blush: It was such a huge help for me. Huhu. It took me about a month to finish and I even read the whole thing like 3 times. :stuck_out_tongue: But, I still come back to it every now and then just to brush up on the things I’ve already forgotten. :stuck_out_tongue: Which lesson are you on right now? :blush:

5 Likes

To be honest, I wasn’t in hurry to complete the course; I was basically practicing my demo & spent a couple of hours to gather my knowledge.

3 Likes

I am still doing it.
I started a year or so ago.
But I joined NADEX and started Trading in a Demo Account, then created a live account because I wanted to see the Mechanics of how NADEX functions and flows.
This works for me because as much as the content helps, if you can’t apply it or if you can’t see it in action, for the way I learn it was not very useful, then.
But since I have traded in both Demo and Live the content makes way more sense to me now.

9 Likes

took me a full month.
was in for the jokes though.

4 Likes

I studied an average of 2 hours every single day for about 3 weeks to complete it, I took notes along the way and filled about 2 notebooks, I revised it for about one more week (and I still use to revise it from time to time) so in total about one month for studing it and absorbing it.

8 Likes

FOREVER!! After you finish, do it again…Then, after you finish, do it again. Then…

14 Likes

For me it took something like 2-2,5 months. I still go back to lessons whenever I need to remember things. Specially the ones about chart patterns :slightly_smiling_face: I am thinking about going through the quizes to polish what I have learned. Enjoy it and take your time :wink:

5 Likes

I’m 1/3 of the way thru after 4 weeks. I spend anywhere from 0-2 hrs per day. I’m exploring options trading, as well. I haven’t decided if I will focus exclusively on FX or incorporate Options as part of my strategy. Still haven’t figured out which has the best Risk/Reward ratio

I’ve waited til 71 to think about trading. No hurry to lose my money. But then, Tic Toc, Tic Toc!

If anyone has real world experience with both, I would enjoy hearing from you. Also, most “Experts” suggest 2-6 months of paper trading. Sounds like part of the learning curve. ???

Good luck!

3 Likes

Months. I couldn’t read two hours like the others, and I’m a slow reader. But I’m still checking back with the school weekly on various topics, like a reference manual.

This is awesome to hear! Way to go to get into something new (newish?)!

I had a few friends move into options while also starting with Forex, and actually liked options better (at that time). I think they ended up trading both. I’ll check in with them to see what’s new.

3 Likes

I’m about 1/4 of the way through the course. When you finished it did you feel adequately prepared to start trading?

1 Like

It took me about 2 weeks to get 25% of the total amount of lessons, sitting every night (for about 3-4 hrs) and study thoroughly through the lessons.

I still need to finish the rest.

I guess it will take you about 160 - 200 hrs to finish this.

1 Like

it took me about 2 weeks to finish it I Went through it everyday till I get tired and resume the following day though there were some topics that gave though time to understand. I still hand pick some topics to read if need be. It’s a resource you keep coming to everytime you need clarification.
So just take your time.

2 Likes

Frankly not; that’s the basic foundation on Forex trading; to be a good trader you need more & motre practice as well as advance knowledge.

2 Likes

ended in less than a pair of weeks with all the quizzes, that was really funny :wink:

1 Like