How long did it take you to finish the babypips school of pipsology?

When I started the course I was already trading both on demo and live , demo on mt4 for learning the platform and studying technical analyses, and on a live account (after technical analyses on mt4) risking as low as 0.5€ or, more often, less, just for having the feel of trading with real money and to educate my mind to think in terms of pipettes, pips, overall % and consistency instead of thinking in terms of money I could earn or lose. So, I can’t say that when I finished it I felt adequately prepared, because I was already trading, but I have to say that maybe this is one of the best free courses I’ve seen on the net, it was quite fun to study. If you can practice on demo while studying the course than this would be a good thing, this way you can apply immediately on a demo account what you learn from the course and you can reduce time and learning curve before starting trading, so the answer to your question is : maybe yes, you’ll feel adequately prepared to start trading. Of course I would suggest to stick with demo even after finishing the course till you develop an effective and consistent trading system that suits your personality, and, after that, to start with a live account taking ridicolously low risk till you develop an effective and consistent trading system that suits your personality and so on…(trading with real money is a little bit different thing)… :wink: . Obviously the course is a starting point, because you MUST ALWAYS keep on deepening ALL the aspects about trading after you finish it. :v:

5 Likes

Thank you for your insightful comments. Isn’t it true though that most of the demo accounts have a limited “free time” before it expires and you have to sign up for a regular account? Or can you practice on the demo accounts indefinitely? I thought I saw on one of the main platforms that you could only have access to a demo account for a limited amount of time. Thanks again…

1 Like

You’re welcome, no problem :+1: There are some brokers that offer a limited amount of time to use a demo account, but with others you can keep a demo account indefinitely open with no need to sign up for a regular live one, ic markets is one of them, i think the only limitation is the number of demo accounts you can open, if i remember well is no more than 3 or maybe 4, you can open a demo account on ic markets, you can download mt4 or mt5 from their site and start demo right after. There’s plus500, they don’t offer mt4 or mt5, you open an account and on demo you have 50k dollars, with unlimited amount of time for trading demo, their platform is not bad at all, quite easy and intuitive to use, even if you’re complitely new to trading, than there’s etoro, it is something like plus500(no mt4-mt5 with unlimited time for demo), there is also iq option that i think is the easiest platform you can use to trade on a demo account with unlimited time for demo.

3 Likes

The first time through is still a work-in-progress, currently in the 8th grade. Following the “education” plan, maintaining discipline, and staying focused, the stats since beginning January 8 are – 18 days with an average of 4.2 hours/day going to school four days a week. Taking copious notes utilizing excel (with links back to the info), complete each quiz, and folding clothes after they come out of the dryer makes it a fun and fascinating journey. Previous experience trading stocks and commodities many years ago netted no significant additional income (understatement here). FYI, I was born several months before Franklin D Roosevelt defeated Thomas E Dewey. The goal with FOREX is a significant additional stream of income. Enjoy your journey. You only get to do it once.

1 Like

Good question!

It may be done in 3 weeks to 1 month, but the real question is, what are your learning style and learning pace? If you need to “prove to your self” everything you read to really learn, it might take more time. But that’s completely fine. That’s the beauty of BP. The lessons are fun, condensed, like small pills you can digest at your own pace.

More than a time goal, I believe it’s better to make the effort to learn well the principles. What does each lesson is really trying to teach me?

In my case, it’s been 2 months, almost done but going deeper in the trading plan part.
Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

Regards.

1 Like

Yeah! quizzes are great.

3 Likes

No doubt. The lessons are a huge knowledge base for any newbie. In excellent starting point, specially if you want to do it as a dayjob.

2 Likes

100% true. I think BP always helps you to set reallistic expectations. Like anything in live, you need effort and time to master it. And the advanced stuff, can’t be learned if you don’t have enough knowledge and experience.

1 Like

I felt I had learned a half a day. After that I played PES 2018 to neutralize my thoughts.

2 Likes

what was your favorite lesson? did you also try reading from other places?

wow. that is dedication… 360 pages… i thought printing it was not allowed but now, i think i want to print it out too.

nice nice… it looks like many are still reading the lesons even after finishing. maybe that is what i should also do. thank you for your answers. i can not answer all because my account may get blocked for flooding the forums but thank you all.

1 Like

There is no actual time for the completion of the course. It depends on how much time you give to learning and attending lessons. If you are a quick learner and well devoted towards trading then you can complete the course quite quickly. Thank you!

How much time you will require for learning or understanding new things is entirely dependent on your ability to learn things. And however, Babypips School is one of the best places that can help new babies to get familiarity with new things regarding forex in a more systematic and efficient manner.

My favorite lessons, are the ones that are helping me to build my own trading system/plan. So for me, whole undergraduate junior and senior. Great insight in those lessons.

1 Like

Wow you are a rockstar!! I have not finished my self haha!!

1 Like

yeah. lol she sounds really excited about it. kudos to you my friend

A couple of months of pure dedication

1 Like

It took me 3-4 months but I was rushing to finish it because I didn’t want to lose interest. I didn’t feel like it was enough so I still go back to the lessons if I want to check on a concept I’m not sure about. :slight_smile:

Not being an airhead at all. This was also one of my questions before. I wanted to know how much time I had to devote to finish the school so I’d know how to budget my time, set goals, and ultimately see if this is something I could have enough time for. :slight_smile: