How many hours do you sleep?

I’d love to do this but I’m a light sleeper and the slightest sound wakes me up.

I know it’s not good for my health but this is where coffee comes in for me. I feel like I’m drugged to do things but at least I’m able to survive the day. :grinning:

Whaat?!! How do you even survive? :smiley: If I sleep that little, I would get seriously sick…but then again I like to sleep a bit more than the average person. I admire people who sleep less than 6-7 hours and manage to be adequate and productive during the day :smiley:

1 Like

Hahaha! :smiley: To be honest, I feel like I just got used to it because of my all- nighters for college! :stuck_out_tongue: I like taking hour-long naps though so I guess I make up for it with those. :smiley: Haha. Wow. You really really have to get 8 hours of sleep? :open_mouth: What happens if you don’t? :thinking:

Don’t you feel that 3-4 hours sleep is too less?

I sleep on an average of 6-7 hours which is sufficient I believe. I take sleeping as a priority to manage the timings. Because I’m so into “health is wealth”.

I guess I just got used to it? :sweat_smile: I really need to work on my body clock if I want to live a healthy lifestyle. Huhu. :sweat: How about you? :smiley: How many hours do you usually need?

You’re definitely right about that. Without good health, wealth doesn’t even matter. All the money in the world can’t save some people, so yes,health is very important

1 Like

@ria_rose yes, I really need at least 7-8 hours sleep. If I sleep less, lets say around 4-5 hours I’m ok but I can do this for only a few days. Otherwise, I feel dizzy, grumpy and inadequate :smiley: And if the lack of sleep continues for two weeks or more my immune system drops and I get sick…strange I know but it is what it is :smiley:

I try to get 6-8 hours of sleep every night, but if necessary I can go with as few as 4 hours of sleep for two consecutive nights. After that I need proper rest.

Before marriage, I slept with no sound. My wife introduced me to white noise, as she couldn’t sleep without it. Many years later I find silence hinders my sleep.

And I’m a firm believer that quality sleep is so important in life. It aids physical, mental and emotional health. Without consistently good sleep (7-9 hours), I’m moody, tired and sluggish throughout the day, and I lack focus.

So sleep, very important. And if you workout a lot, you need sleep for recovery. And if you drop into REM sleep, yo’re burning calories like an extra workout. Double benefit!

1 Like

Pretty good man, I hope your work/business+trading is going fruitful.

1 Like

I absolutely cannot sleep well when I can hear music. I can when listening to the car traffic outside, it even lulls me to sleep, so go figure. :unamused:

For me, I can sleep with the tv on in the background easily. I took a weekend trip to NY last month, and fell asleep through all the loud city noise outside. Idk, it’s weird lol

Same here. Sometimes when I’m super tired I can but then after I’ve recharged a bit the music will definitely wake me up.

Wow I guess this is pretty common for your line of work. I can probably do a month max but I’d have to be running on coffee. :joy: But then I’d be getting sick a lot and I’d be feeling anxious about everything. :sweat:

1 Like

Wow!! I wish I could sleep that long haha!

I’m pretty much in the same situation. That’s how I came about this topic. I was thinking of how to fit in everything while still getting decent rest at night.

Same with my mom. She can’t sleep without the TV on. :smile:

If the tv was on I could never fall asleep properly. Nod off and nap, certainly, but it wouldn’t be a fulfilling sleep.

We’re the same. But I wish I could be like you and be able to sleep longer on weekends.