How many PIPS? Per trade for scalper

For a scalper , How many pips per trader is possible.

In other words

Whats the minimum PIP for scalper per trade , so that het will get descent profit

Less than you think, more than you can earn.

Like all noob questions you have focused on the gain rather than the loss. So rather than ask how many pips can I make, ask how many pips can I afford to lose.

Raswl,
It all depends on your trading guide. If you have a 80% win rate then making a 1 pip profit would make you earn a profit if you risked 3 pips. So theoretically if you made 1000 trades during the year, with a 80% win rate, that would be 800 winning trades to 200 losing trades. At a standard lot (100K) per trade, that would be $8,000 for our winning trades and $2,000 for your losing trades. That would net you $6,000. A 1 pip profit can net you a tidy profit, put it would depend on how well your system performs as well as how disciplined you are to trade it.

1 Like

@iwantstacysmom

you don’t actually believe this do you.

Your maths isn’t great, it’s a profit of $2000. Then commission about $5 per trade, so $-3000.

2 Likes

the misunderstanding on which your question is based is exactly the same one you showed in another recent thread

you can’t “scalp” forex against a counterparty broker

you can only “scalp” markets where the broker is putting a trade on for you in a market you can’t access yourself, because if that’s not the case (and with counterparty forex brokers it isn’t) the broker would be the party being scalped

if you could do that profitably, it would the broker’s own money you’d be winning, not the market’s money, and not their other customers’ money - they wouldn’t let you do that for long, would they?

again, it’s essential to start from a clear understanding of the difference between a broker and a counterparty

these posts and threads might help you to understand it

1 Like

Ohh Yarrrrrrrrrrr … There are some peoples here , always saying about losses and answer irrelevant to the question.:rage:

Hey , How to get 80% win rate??

Are you mentioning about the spread

Please read my question twice or thrice and then reply…

The min PIP is what you decide to make i mean if you maybe open a trade on gbpjpy you could ride what i call a train going down or up and win 40 to 100 pips in a single trade which is just amazing but becareful because this gives you overconfidence which makes you think that you see another train going up so you buy but instead that’s just some chart hoax and you end up losing your whole balance.

Scalping is so dangerous you could win 1000$ in like 8 hours and lose them all in 2 mins.

How i will loose 1000$ ??? while i keeping a stoploss at 7 pips lol

Being a scalper you usually get in with near no risk management because if you for example your capital is 1000$ and you use 1 lot losing 7 pips every trade will probably get you to 500 in no time as scalping you use the 1min chart remember there’s a difference between daytrading and scalping.

I believe using stop loss makes you lose more than win because for example if you set it at 7 pips and the trade goes down 10 pips it could go up 50 pips so instead of the stop stopping your trade you could’ve made 40pips easily.

It will greatly depend on how well you are trading. How much profit a trader will earn greatly dependent on whether he is understanding the market. Best of luck, try to get the full course of Babypips.

It mainly depends on your trading system; for me my average TP’s are 15-25 pips (for scalping trading).

you’re talking at cross purposes

25-pip trades have nothing to do with “scalping” at all!!

What does 25 pips have to with?

How often does a currency move 15-25 pips in seconds?

1 Like

intraday trading

in sufficiently volatile markets, you could even call it “fast intraday trading” if you want

but nothing like scalping at all

scalping refers to covering the spread, and with spot forex, especially in the most liquid, most volatile, most highly traded pairs, that typically means 1-2 pips

here are some simple online explanations of what scalping is -

more important than that, though, in this context, is the reality that retail spot forex trading against a counterparty market maker is clearly not viable, and a contradiction in terms

and here are some posts and threads, from this forum, neatly explaining why -

I basically do this kind of scalping trading during slow market; Asian session is my favorite session for this trading style.