How much can you earn in forex?

I am new in forex. Can I really earn a million dollars if I learn trading well?

1 Like

If you learn to trade well, yes you can make a million dollars. Realistically and statistically you probably won’t and especially if you only focus on the money while trading.

3 Likes

Its worth trying. But to calculate how much money you could earn in a year you would need -

1. a trading strategy
  2. your win rate using this strategy
  3. the frequency of trade opportunities
  4. the % of trade opportunities you can take according to leverage, screen time available etc.
  5. the % win per winning trade
  6. the % loss per losing trade
  7. the starting capital

Many new traders don’t get to No.1…

3 Likes

How much money will you be putting in? Is it $1B? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Many people learn trading well, but still fail. You need to be in that 5% that didn’t just learn it, but actually succeed at it. Then, if you’re in the 1% of that 5%, you might just get there.

It’s a long but fun road.

2 Likes

Simple answer is yes, depending on your capital, knowledge, plan, broker and some other perks.

1 Like

That depends on a host of factors such as:

Starting balance
leverage
trading frequency
level of expertise
use of prop firms

and so on but the short answer is that there is no definite answer to the original question as posed in the title.
As it relates to a million dollars the answer is yes but again it depends on a number of factors and it will take some time.

1 Like

It’s more a matter of knowing yourself inside out how you react to emotional challenges that would take you a higher level than poncing around with a $500 account.

1 Like

2 Likes

You can’t fix an amount in Forex. But we can earn average profit if you lower your trading risk.

You can make any amount of money you want- the forex market moves trillions of dollars each day !! But the truth is before you even think about making money you should learn how to compound a trading account - like turn $1,000 into $10,000 multiple times , so you know what consistency takes . & tbh you’ll probably going lose money the first 2 years of real trading (maybe … maybe not) . I seen some traders make 200k in 1 trade ,but all the hard work and mental stress have to come first ! But it’s worth it in the long run if you really love it :heart:

@Kancho_Radulov @MithcelRobert I am not the one asking the question you don’t have to reply to my message, thanks for the advice regardless.

1 Like

It depends actually. But over-trading may lead to big amount of losses. So I should stay satisfied with nthe average profit.

Hi @MithcelRobert, I wanted to just post BS in reply, but the forum system required more characters.

BS

1 Like

The more this few accounts post their replies the more I am convinced they are AI bots.

2 Likes

Your earning depends on knowledge. Education is now quite easier than before because of the availability of internet. Read online e-books and watch video tutorials to flourish your knowledge.

my mentor makes 500% per day :innocent:

@4xhoodie - Do you know what a % is?

4 Likes

If I said I made over 100% on my account for this month (January 2023) starting from 1 single trade on January 9th until today January 30th would anyone believe me? lol.

2 Likes

how do you do that