How much is BTC really worth?

Just stumbled upon this article that got me a bit confused. :open_mouth: It’s been a while since I dabbled in BTC and I hope you don’t judge me for this, but can anyone explain this a bit more? :open_mouth: What do you think of this? :thinking: Thank youuuuu!

1 Like

How much bajtkojn is worth? for me nothing :wink:

1 Like

I mean isn’t the value what it’s priced at now?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct. No intrinsic value. Same as gold, although a gold necklace looks nicer.

1 Like

Hi,
And how much is a USD worth? It can only be measured against commodities that humans need to be able to live. Like food. One economist I used to follow measured USDs in terms of how many Mars Bars you could buy with $1.00 between 1930s and 2010. It turns out that with $1 back in the thirties, you could buy about 20 Mars bars but today they are over $1. That is a 95% erosion of real value of the USD.

Many people believe that gold is a better measure of value than currencies. We were buying gold at its low point in the 1990s as low as $250 per ounce and it is now about $2,000 an ounce.

So, to answer your question. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me, a BTC is worth around $50K. It is currently undervalued. Currently I would not commit more than 5% of our wealth to Bitcoin or to any other crypto, and it is currently below that figure. However, our crypto investments are treading water. Depending on the day or hour, we are up between 10% and 30% in about 3 years.

The longer any holder has been in the game, the more their “currency wealth” whether expressed in USD, EUR, JPY or GBP. My own take on the USD is that it is worthless and it is vastly overpriced. The reason I value the USD at zero, and the same goes for every other currency on Earth, is that there is no currency in existence since 1971 that is even partially backed, never mind fully backed, by gold.

The day more citizens wake up to the fact that all our governments are running the biggest ponzi schemes of all times ($31 trillion dollar debt ceiling… really?) the sooner more people will become more interested in alternative investments and trades. Cash is to be flowed out of business investments, or monthly from your pay packets. Keeping it as cash is possibly the worst thing anyone can do, whether it is $1,000 or $1,000,000.

4 Likes

Intersting perspective. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I thought too. :open_mouth: I just found this article very confusing tbh. :sweat_smile: So I wanted to know what you guys think.

That’s interesting. :open_mouth: I think I kinda understand it better with the analogy of gold now. :thinking:

Very interesting! :open_mouth: I thought it’d be a specific amount, but I can also understand where you’re coming from, Mondeo. :thinking: I guess I’ve been out of the crypto game for a while now so my appreciation for it has changed. But with you here, I feel like I’d regain a better understanding of it. :sweat_smile:

The bankers and governments are scared of it and other cryptos and they’re going to kill the market with all the crazy regulation. Until that calms down, I’m staying away, so it doesn’t really matter to me the price.

1 Like

I’ve read same sentiments on article comments also. :thinking: Interesting to see how a lot of government officials want to reign this industry in but they hardly understand it. :sweat_smile: But good point! :smiley:

0 to me
i wait for when it become 0 in real life too
a lot of people try to make noise about btc but i think it worth nothing and will be gone from the market one day

Less than $5,000 with a settlement around $1,000 to $2,000, will it make it there or go to record highs, no one has that answer but probably both at some point.

You know, each model emphasizes different aspects of Bitcoin, leading to diverse valuations. It’s a reminder of Bitcoin’s volatility. As always, only invest what you can afford to lose.

Interesting. :thinking: But I doubt it’ll happen. :open_mouth: I mean, especially not in the near future. :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm. :open_mouth: I wonder how you were able to arrive at these amounts? :thinking:

Definitely. :blush: Also applicable to other investments! :smiley: Haha.

And it’s not just about investing. When we start something, we need to make sure it’s something we have the strength to finish.

But as people here have said, it’s also okay to rest! :open_mouth: There’s no shame in taking a break or even completely changing your mind. :blush: Hahaha. I feel like the discussion’s moving farther and farther away from BTC. HAHAHA. So I guess we can leave it at that!

Based on the chart above, Bitcoin has experienced significant growth since its inception on January 3rd, 2009. Its market cap has reached an impressive 600 billion dollars to date, with the most notable volatility occurring in 2021 and 2022. The COVID-19 pandemic has played a significant role in driving its adoption.

At present, Bitcoin seems to be stabilizing at the 600 billion dollar level. With the rise of artificial intelligence, particularly exemplified by ChatGPT and other advanced technologies, tech stocks are gaining momentum. Given this trend, it would not be surprising to witness Bitcoin’s continued success in the next decade. It holds substantial value and continues to be a promising asset.

thinking

1 Like