How much is the minimum capital to invest?

some discord i have with you. basically we never do much losses in demo when trading , so if we invest according to demos experience , i think its not a good decision .

1 Like

That’s an interesting observation you have made about your trading, @TomCooper.

Why do you believe your demo trading is more successful than your live trading?

It will depend on the capital amount you have in your hand. For a millionaire $50000 is not a big capital and for me $1000 is big as a i am a part term trader. But you can start with mini accounts since in this competitive market smaller investment can help you to survive the market in the initial level.

1 Like

if we have good knowledge with real money management any kinds of amount can bring good result. so, emphasis on your trading plan and money management.

Sir, i had a good result in demo trading and was successful with BB. but when i use the same strategy with same analysis didn’t found the good result.

Hi @TomCooper,

You say you used the same strategy with the same analysis on both demo and live trading, but got different results.

Is it possible you could have overlooked some important differences? Between your demo account balance and your live account balance? Between the market conditions (volatility, trends, correlations, etc.) during the time you were demo trading and the time you were trading live?

The following thread discusses this topic in more detail: Demo = win , live = loss

We learn real money management with two methods first is demo practice it will tell you basic things and when one is good at demo account he can use live trading with small investment to check how much his management plan is efficient . do much work over here because real trading is different from live and choose best plan for you.

i took a lesion from this forum , there is not much people who have good experience in demo , so by using demo practice how much effective to improve money management skill , i am confused.

LOL. average experience in here about demo or micro account result , it completely depends on your knowledge and experience.

Everything with demo practice depends on you that how you are going to take it. If you are serious about your trading then you are going to practice in a smart way.

we all traders have seriousness just before trading but when start practically we lost it and trade at random.

but most of the traders above all beginners don’t serious when demo trading , because they don’t believe the importance of this trading place at all.

If you want to turn trading into your main source of income, with the intent of living off it, then the bare minimum is 50.000 in my opinion. You can’t make a serious income without trading standard lots, and you can’t trade standard lots with less than 50.000 - unless you ditch away risk management, but then you can do that with 100 bucks.

If you want to earn some money to set aside, then anything between 2000 and 500 would do fine. You can expect to make up to 50 bucks a week - best case scenario.

If all you want to do is learn, but you don’t want to demo trade because you feel like you’re lacking the psychological aspect of having real money on the line, then 100 bucks is also okay. Just assume you’ve already lost it all.

1 Like

Sounds about right to me (depending on where you live, I suppose).

If you start with $50,000 and can join the tiny minority who can make a steady 5% per month, that would bring in an average of $2,500 per month … probably not enough to replace a full-time living (in most countries) but kind of “getting there” with grounds for optimism, anyway.

But the proportion of would-be traders who get as far as managing that 5% per month profit steadily is really, really small.

1 Like

its a good calculation but have you applied already this approach in your trading career ?

according to my trading experience, i think any calculation can be achieved with successfully if there is good knowledge and long time experience.

According to me the minimum is what you can afford to lose. We should never put more than any amount that we cannot bear if lost. I am seeing many adverts that Forex is just copy paste and you can make 10K a month, that is purely nonsense.

1 Like

minimum investment sometimes can be a great issue, i always prefer minor investment even though there is a god knowledge and experience. because, there is nothing 100% in Forex trading.

start with DEMO … my advice :slight_smile: otherwise you can start with 1$ :)) but you will hardly make any money … what broker do you use?

i agree with you … :slight_smile: