How much money did you start trading with? when you first started trading

I never started with my own investment because it found it way too risky so i started with no deposit bonus offers, but if we just talk about own investment then it was around 80 USD where i made solid profits, but eventually like most new comers i ended up with losses.

Helloo my dear tradersā€¦

I am a new comer into forex trader, well I have tried my luck in equity trading and learned a bit into the technical and charting analysis.

Coming to the point, one and a half year before I shifted to Dubai and started earning a pretty good money from my day job and then I came to know about forex and started to search about it. Oh my god just after a week or so, I was feeling so excited that I opened a demo account of $50000 and made it to $150000 and just after few weeks it went to $0. I was little worried. But I opened my live account and started ā€¦the start was pretty good I opened the live account with $1000 and made it to go $1500 and then I withdrew $500 and then it made my account zoom to $2000. At that point my friend told me about the new iPhone thatā€™s going to be launched. I thought why donā€™t I make $1000 profit and buy an iPhone. So I entered a trade 3 lots and I was tottaly upset my trade went wrong and with in hours my account was $110. It was all over. Now I again deposited $600 and that too was gone with in 2 days. Mistakes that I have done are

1. Over trading
  2. To become rich
  3. No stop loss
    I think if a person can over come these three issues with their trading. A person can easily manage to sustain in the market and there after slowly make money and gain experience.

That is my story. I wonā€™t get out of the forex until I buy a bmw or mercedes and a lot moreā€¦haha lol !

Strangely for me thoughā€¦I started out with an amount much, much bigger than when I became wiser (after several blown up accounts).

My first deposit was 1000 $ but I lost it in 4 months. I started a few months later a new account with 5 000 $ I am still winning. I hope that this continues:51:

Started demo trading with 1000 eur a month ago while learning from the holy school of babyjesus, sorry, babypips and some trading seminars. Been taking it very seriously, because i hate my current job, which is a neverending wheel from 8am-8pm full of stupid client needs! First 2 weeks grew my account to 2300, starting of the 3rd week, because of busy days, didnt notice that one of my trades were open, fell down to 520 eur, but now im trading with 50-250eur ~day profit. Hoping it will stay like that. I will quit my job soon so i can dedicate my time to trading!

Put Ā£4000 into an account about March this year. Lost appx 25% within one week and pulled the remaining 3K out.

Now trading an account that is approxinately Ā£200 whilst I develop as a trader.

hello, i would like to know where u began in developing a trading strategy

HAHAHA, I am very relate

Hi guys
I started trading 27 Nov 2018 with 500USD. Today ,exactly a month after starting my account balance has tripled to 1,514. It is all about sound risk management and money management.

I jump only into clearly identified trends. I donā€™t do SL for now( your money is taken if your SL is hit). I allow my trades to run until am in profit, then I close the trade if am ok with what I have made. It is working very well for me.
I also target to make about 40-50 USD a day. And I achieve this target every day. At this rate my account could reach 10-15k in year after starting will only 500USD

3 Likes

I started with 10$ and remember vividly praying very hard while the trade is on. I applied everything possible on the mt4 platform, it was one experience I will never forget in a hurry. Sadly though, the trade ended poorly, but I learned many lessons from it.

I started trading from practice account free of charge. After few months I decided to open a Standard account and made a $100 deposit. It was hard to gain profit and, I guess, it took three times more depositing such amount of money before making first successful steps

Well I opened a newer account this November to test some things.

Started with $100

Added $200 more about 2 weeks ago.

Just trying to see how far I can build this up from scratch.

I started forex with $5k, made $17k, blew up in one fine morning, my brain blew up. Then I learned , tested, and now I see how less I could lose & stay more IM.[quote=ā€œeremarket, post:12, topic:42085, full:trueā€]
I started with an initial deposit of $11,500.00

I lost or completely blew up 3 trading accounts for about $15,000 total between 2005-2009.

In early/mid 2009, i deposited $100 with a forex broker. I lost that tooā€¦and deposited another $100 later.

I spent 15K+ for really no good reasonā€¦and then finally learned how to trade with less than a couple hundered bucks.

I never lost it all again. Now i do this full time, and make a s**tload of money every month.

Ok, well, not quite that much! but, I do it full time! and I think that counts for something :slight_smile:

Jay
[/quote]
Hi Jay,
Itā€™s interesting.
What you learned & applied? please share with us to be bold.
Thanks.
I started with $5k, made $17k, blew up all & my head spinned,
Then learned & learned, testedā€¦ tested, now I look forward not how much I gain, rather how much less I could afford to lose & stay in money moreā€¦ best wishes to all in the new year.
petrogold

2 Likes

my first deposit was Ā£500 at first i did well and built it up to around Ā£600 then made some very bad decisions and dropped right down to Ā£200 at which point i gave up and withdrew. hoping to do better this time.

I started with as low as 300$, made some money then lost. Happened to me three times before I learned money management and risk management techniques to mitigate loss, and everything has improved.

i started with $500. had my ups and down, then i finally realized i have to start testing out strategies or this will go on forever.

My first account was $500 but I deposited another $1000 after a few weeks. With my style of trading, and my brokerā€™s minimum trade amount, my risk is too much of my account with less.

I started with a $100 and then went on trading with more amount gradually as I learnt more and gained experience.

Almost 6 month ago, I started my trading journey with $50. Use Demo account for almost 6 month to minimize loss rate,

I started my journey with $500.