How old need you be to start trading?

Nonsense … 14 is [B][U]far[/U][/B] too young to open a broker account. Forex brokers don’t enter into contracts with minors.

You haven’t read the thread at all, have you? Just glanced at the OP without even looking at the date? :58:

Well, he is 19 now, so I guess there is no point on giving him advices for the age. No serious broker will open an account for a minor. But this should not stop the person from learning and opening a demo account, there are no restrictions for that. Age is just a number so if we have the desire to learn and practice the trading matter, we should not feel limited.

I wonder whether he did start trading once he legally became an adult after all. He wished to start trading over five years ago, but five years is a long time, especially if you are a teenager.

Forex is tricky business and at the age of 14 if you have good knowledge, skills and interest about forex trading then you can start this business, there is no issue but your investment should be $100 and if you have above mentioned qualities then you can earn reasonable amount as forex is good rewarding business.

[B]Nonsense![/B]

14 is [B][U]far[/U][/B] too young to open a broker account. [I][U]Forex brokers don’t enter into contracts with minors[/U][/I].

You haven’t read the thread at all, have you? Just glanced at the OP without even looking at the date on it, and seeing all the comments above, about this? :58:

Hi, I don’t want to get a lot of hate as this is a forex forum, but in my opinion you’re never too young to start investing and I also think that it would be wise to not limit yourself to just forex. There are lots of options like stocks, bonds, peer to peer lending, and eventually real estate when you get more than 20 bucks a week. With 20 bucks a week it might be easier to just buy some exchange traded funds (a stock of stocks) in an IRA (where there are no taxes) or with the Robinhood app (where there are no commissions) and in the meantime just use a practice account for the forex until you are consistently profitable.

The original post was made in 2011, the author was 14 back then, now he’s certainly legally old enough to trade.

Yes maybe, but I think old is not big matter, if old trader can’t learn properly how to manage money in uncertainty market condition, hence i think will hard to making money also, but although as young trader but they can learn properly hence will able making money

I guess besides considering the age factor, forex trading can be started whenever you have the necessary capital so save some capital before thinking to start trading forex and in the meantime do try practicing demo account in order to learn how to earn money through forex trading.

Instead of rehashing the same comments over and over, read this post below for the correct answer

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/80849-newbies-guide-becoming-forex-trader-post777438.html#post777438

The only age requirement I see in forex is mental age and nothing more. You being here means you are already half way qualified to trade.
The only obstacle I perceive is comprehension, because our understanding out things comes with brain maturity. People are different anyways!

Forex trade is not meant for sucklings. However, there is no age limit that qualifies or restricts one from trading Forex. If you are able to read and understand, and you can use a computer very well, then you can get started.