How to start with $100 and turn it into 1 Million in 100 trading days!

You’ve got a core methodolgy. Everything else just says when NOT to take it… but it should be something that looks at other factors than what your already looking at…which is statistically overbought/oversold.

BB in many ways will confirm what your already doing…which is relative overbought oversold.

i would add other things… sup/dem levels…or for your situation, more classical support/resistance.

don’t go long into a massive resistance level.

don’t go short into a massive support level.

Trend maybe…and I’d use trend lines to draw this out…not MA’s or any other indicator

Only take buy signals if they are in line with the daily trend for example

Possibly market sentiment. that could be a GREAT one for you. it’s completely independent…it would have gotten you in your eur/usd short today… that much i know. not sure about your losing trade days…but it may have saved ur butt a little.
This is not a “technical” form of analysis… but it works, and this is even more reason to consider using it…b.ecause it is completely seperate.

Find out where you are in terms of average daily range. If price has moved up 130 pips already…i’d not take any long entries…but i’d be HAPPY to take short entries.

I understand what you are doing… and i think it’ll work for a long time. (at least in some form), but i also no one who can take a single trading concept (and i mean concepts that deliver INCREDIBLY high ROI’s of 80%+), and apply them blindly without considering anything else.

An 80%+ winning concept will turn 50%/50% at best if used in isolation from all other possible considerations…over time.

I’m a good example of this. I look to determine where orderflow is. I have a pretty darn good win rate.

I know how to look at a chart, and see where there is going to be more supply than demand…and visa versa.

Yet I also use market sentiment, overbought/oversold concepts, trailing stops, scaling in/out, daily pivots, fib levels, every time frame that I can look at to get a better idea of whats likely to happen, and lots of experience.

your trade today you could say worked because your methodolgy has an edge. and I think that’s part of it. But, we were also bouncing off a daily supply level, had not come into a daily demand level yet, and it was in line with both trend and prevailling market sentiment.

And no matter how you feel about it…all of these things played a bit of a role in the success of your trade.

ANd by the way…this is the type of situation that will allow you to risk MORE than usual on these trades… and even keep some on the table for a longer run down.

and conversely, if not as many things had lined up for you…you would risk less, trail stops tighter…etc.

The bottom line is this man. I like what you got going on. It’s solid. But is it enough? is it enough to make sure you can do this for a living for the next 30 years? or even 5 years?

I would argue likely not. not alone. you need more filters. But forget a filter that measures the same stuff your already doing. and don’t u dare put an stoch, RSI, or macd on this. that WILL confuse you.

Stick to things that measure something other than relative overbought/oversold conditions. like sentment, trend, S/R, average daily range, even pivot points and fib retracement levels)

i suppose by the time you add things like this and learn to understand how they all work together, it will take more work for you, and more time to get it all down.

and then you’ll likely have tools like ICT does, or I do. and you’ll have a WAAY better understanding of when your edge will hold up…or when to back off and wait.

Oh hey…look at that…you’ll be thinking truly like a top trader by then. What do ya know! It may not be as simple, but it will likely guarantee you can do this FOREVER, and make a FORTUNE

Or you could just simply rely on hope. hope that it works as well as it does now. hope that market conditions don’t change much forever. hope that the euro even exists in the future for that matter! and hope you get rich before any of this comes to pass.

Simple is good…as long as it doesn’t blind you to the dangers that lurk in the markets.

If I were you, I would invest in a good pair of reading glasses to best see that map you found buddy :wink:

Jay

Ah, i reread your reasons for using bollies… and they arn’t bad. you want to check this against several time frames, and see if it amounts to anything that gives you a clear edge.

try throwing them on for a time…and ignore them. BUT…go back and see each time if they would have helped you. check this on the 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, and 1hr charts (for your particular setup…i know your TF)

do this 20 times minimum. If you find they work…ADD THEM! if you don’t…then chuck em.

Do this again at 100 times. and 500…and 1000. if still working very well then…say helps you 60%+ more than without them…u can likely hope to keep using them well forever.

But they are still a smaller piece of the pie. the other things i mentioned are more important…in the post above.

Jay

Bucks… oh you and your superior penetrating observations of logic…placing more importance on max drawdown that ROI…the hell you say!

I will figure this out…and do as you suggest…put it up on a monthly basis.

and thanks for working out the math for me. about 30K is what I believe I’ll need to accomplish this goal… i think 30K should give me enough to make about $4,200 per year (WHOOOPS! I meant month!) … which will be about 50K: a middle class american income IMO.

I can tell you this… i trade many of these same concepts here as in my futures account…and i’ve never had a single month where I lost at any point during that month more than just a couple percent.

I haven’t actually had a LOSING month since last…november I think it was. or october. can’t remember.

So for 2011… i haven’t had a losing month in my own trading.

Not sure if this is good enough or tells you enough for what you are wanting to determine… but I hope it gives you some idea anyway.

Looking forward to discussing more with you this weekend!

Jay

:smiley:

Only if it’s not too difficult, though. I had a broker here where it spit out the numbers of my account on a click. All metatraders can generate a report out of a click as well. Drawdowns right there to see. :slight_smile:

Jay i want to ask you 2 questions.

1.When did u started to learn about forex?
2.Did you learned everything yourself, or u had a tutor?

1. Forex for me is no different than any other market kuzia. i trade crude oil, gold, silver bonds, stocks…all the same way pretty much. and I started to learn about trading markets around 2005

2. i learned everything myself. i’m still learning of course. but, it took me 4 years and well into 5 figures of losses over that time to figure it out myself. After 4 years…i was finally able to make a profit most months…and went full time.

I never had a single 2 weeks in a row of profit until the end of 2008.

Jay

This is really insightful, and I especially like the background of how you learned all this stuff.

I’d love to hear more about that process, if you are willing to tell!

Hey guys… .after some consideration, i’ve decided to post some of my trades for this week here ahead of time.

I am also using a standard CFTC disclosure. Really everyone, this is for learning. please do not trade anything I post up here. You could lose everything in your account, and more.

All Trading involves risk. Leveraged trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. Be aware and accept this risk before trading. Never trade with money you cannot afford to lose. All forecasting is based on statistics derived from past performance of any trading methodology is no guarantee of future results. No “Safe” trading system has ever been divided and no one can guarantee profits or freedom from loss.
Before you make any investment or trading decisions, you should carefully inform yourself about the opportunities and risk. Apart from the financial aspects, this might also include the fiscal and legal ones. Please particularly note that the past performance of a trading system or trading strategy is not indicative of future results. See also CFTC RULE 4.41

U.S. Government Required Disclaimer – Commodity Futures Trading Commission Futures and Options trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and options markets. Don’t trade with money you can’t afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.

CFTC RULE 4.41 – HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

aud/cad - risking 0.35%
short 1.0423
stop 1.0465 (42 pips)
target 1.0342 (79 pips)

risking 0.35%
short from 1.0395
stop 1.0435 stop (40 pips)
target 1.0335 (60 pips)

========================

aud/jpy risking 0.4%
short 79.38
stop 79.93 (55 pip stop)
target 78.00 (138 pip target)

========================

aud/usd risking 0.4%
short 1.0190
stop 1.0230 (40 pips)
target 1.0070 (120 pips)

aud/usd risking 0.4%
short 1.0265
1.0350 stop (85 pip stop)
target 1.0105

============================

gbp/usd risking 0.35%
short 1.6030
stop 1.6075 (45 pips
target 1.5910 (120 pips)

gbp/usd risking 0.35%
short 1.0650
stop 1.6104 (54 pips)
target 1.5910 (140 pips)

Jay

There’s some unique people that says “your surroundings are just a reproduction of your interior”, maybe you’ve already took it into the next level or maybe you just need to look it on different angles, more perspectives will make you wiser about your own life.
As you said before, deep down you know you can and you’re on the right path for your financial needs. All I’m saying is you gotta do what you like and most of the times you gotta do what you need.

I pretty much admire your determination, patience and character. you’re just about to conquer a lot of things with this experiment even if it goes wrong.
Just don’t forget to fill the needed attention of the other parts of your life!
Everything for your own good friend!

Now, congrats about this weeks outcome!
But I was wondering why don’t you catch fixed pips per trade with adaptable LOTS and please would you tell your reasons?
Another quick question, do you have any thoughts about futures gaps? Nikkei was pretty gappy some weeks ago and it’ll come in handy to add some info about it, wheat and corn seems pretty promising this time of the year.
Anyways, keep it up! You’re nailing it!

Rmieck… thanks for the props…appreciated over here :slight_smile:

i’m not EXACTLY sure I understand the question…but if your questioning why I risk everything based on a percentage rather than a pip amount is because pips or me are completely abitrary, and in no way help me determine how i my wealth is growing.

10 pips could be 5% of ones account. 200 pips could be 0.5% of ones account.

Each of my trades has a different size stop and target, and some have a higher probability of working than others.

If I can generate a flat 20% per month…i’ll likely finish this goal in half the time I allocated.

Now, how many “pips” do i need to make to acheive that? and how do pips compound? and since investments around the world are discussed in % ROI and not pips… i see no reason to rock the boat.

Futures gaps. I like to fade em under the right circumstances. Or push into them on occassion. But i stick with the really high volume markets for that (the spooze, gold…etc)…and agricultures are probably the only thing I haven’t traded. so couldnt comment on that.

Jay

short eur/usd at 1.3515.

stop 35

target 35

risking 0.20%

Interesting eremarket… on first blush I don’t see PA much past 3498. Care to explain your reasoning?

I’d favor the up version, but I am flat anyways. Just my three prediction lines of regression and wave analysis tell me all higher up probability on the m30. H1 says up as well. Not to say it can’t drop to 13480 before. Price is still inside of my channel and would perfectly fit with a beta -2. Albeit as I said, the general magnets are positioned north bound. :slight_smile:

short eur/usd at 1.3531.

25 pip stop
50 pip target

risking 0.10

Seems we finally found some offers up above 1.3535. volume spiking. stop hunting. not sure if we are quite done yet with moving up…but last high made about 2 minutes ago was different than the others.

going to hold this firm for now. will update if anything changes.

Jay

will take half off both positions at 1.3595, and stops will be moved to 1.3525 at ths price.

final target for both once the 1.3595 target is hit will be 1.3483

Jay

P.S. wow…this made no sense. traying and inputting orders as they are being executed can be a bit confusing!

so… i meant i reduced my risk by 50% for both entries. now have targets for the remaining entries at 1.3495, and
stops at 1.3543

sorry bout that guys!

This is my m30 chart.

Wave prediction shows up and regressions lines (also light blue). Then the trend lines of the last fractals show a bull wedge triangle shape. :slight_smile:

The lows are in sync with a ~ 62 fibb.

I’m seeing it too bucks… have been the whole time. Really the first entry was premature. I have been considering closing part of this out at BE if i can get it… we’ll see now, not changing anything.

Jay

reducede position by half at BE.

target is now 1.3595

stop is now 1.3542.

exposure is less than 0.15%

Jay

Your on the wrong side of an up move eremarket… cut and recompute. Got to watch my ‘P’s’ and ‘Q’s’ after my roasting… just freindly advise! LOL!!!