How to start with $100 and turn it into 1 Million in 100 trading days!

Actually, here in Scotland, we call those trousers with extremely deep pockets “Australia Trousers”. They’re purposely made like that in case any of the inmates try to pick pocket us while we are visiting the penal colony.

And I think you’ll probably find the actual Australian saying is; “If you lend somebody $20 and you never see them again, then they’ve probay been released on parole before they got a chance to give you it back.”

But like I say, you hang on to the romance, let’s hope it’s never put to the test

Note to self… don’t EVER EVER go into a bar in Earls Court (London Aussie Central) with Hog… I dunno call me superstitious… but I have a feeling the only way we’d be leaving is in a ‘body bag’. Brave words for a man who wears Rupert Bear Trousers! LOL!!!

Only ever fear the body bag RC if you don’t know where your soul is going once your bodies in it. !!

Yet again it is left to a Scotsman to give the world knowledge, much in the same way we gave you Telephones, televisions, steam engines, electromagnetics, radar, the bicycle and penicillin. Admittedly this little gem of wisdom may not have the same global effect as those things, but I give it to you for free anyway.

Anybody ever heard the song - The Bonnie Banks o’ Loch Lomond ?? Course you have, you’ve probably tried to sing it at least once in your lives on some alcohol fueled evening, much in the same way most of you all link arms and sing Auld Lang Syne at New Year. Probably without a friggin clue as to what on earth it is your saying.

Well the chorus of The Bonnie Banks starts like this:

[B][I] “O ye’ll tak’ the high road, and Ah’ll tak’ the low (road)
And Ah’ll be in Scotlan’ afore ye”[/I][/B]

[B][U]OR[/U][/B]
You take the high road, and I;ll take the low road
And I’ll be in Scotland before you.

This song was originally sung by Scots soldiers (through the [U][B]CENTURIES[/B][/U], a point I will come back to in a moment ) who where heading into battle, or who had been condemned to die, on foreign soil. The belief being, that if a Scotsman dies on foreign soil, his soul will travel underground back to his homeland, and to The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond.

So if two Scotsmen go into battle and one should die, the one who LIVED would walk above ground, (the high road ) home to Scotland. But the fallen hero’s soul would travel underground (the low road ) and be back in Scotland first.

So do I fear the body bag RC ??? Nah mate, because I know in my heart where my people are going when they die, Rupert Bear breeks an a’.

Of course, I only have this belief because MY country has more than two and a half Fu***** minutes worth of history and culture to look back on, much the same as the rest of the UK.

Can’t ever see the day we sit around in bars in Scotland singing “Waltzing Matilda”, the story of another fu***** thief who stole some sheep and drowned his own arse because he’s too **** scared to own up to it.

Having said all that, we could always have a few choruses of Tie Me Kangaroo down Sport, which could well be about a whole friggin host of perversions.

However, never let it be said that I’m not willing to embrace the traditions and cultures of other countries. So with that in mind, I’m now off out the back garden to enjoy the rest of Australia Day with the family by incinerating an ex-animal and getting pissed.

if this post in any way shape or form sounds as though I’m having a go at you RC, I can assure you I’m not. I just will not be accused of having deep pockets and short arms, [B][U]especially[/U][/B] by an Australian, in fun or not. I drive a cab for a living as most of you know, and I pick up all nationalities. Australians are by no means in the position to call anybody miserable. Fu***** Scrooge was a philanthropist compared to them.

So, HoG, the pair of hand made Aussie pants I was gonna send you for Christmas this year is a bad idea?

And here’s simple me. I thought the only problem with wearing Aussie clothes north of the equator is they no longer keep rain out.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not gonna lie, I just lost some respect I had for you HoG. Your blows were getting pretty low in there. Just because Australia started as a penal colony doesn’t make you better because you have a “long and immaculate” history.

Also, I’m not Australian but would love to go there some day.

Thats the problem Hog… I fear it may be due SOUTH! LOL!!!

This song was originally sung by Scots soldiers (through the [U][B]CENTURIES[/B][/U], a point I will come back to in a moment ) who where heading into battle, or who had been condemned to die, on foreign soil. The belief being, that if a Scotsman dies on foreign soil, his soul will travel underground back to his homeland, and to The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond.

Thanks for the history lesson Hog… of course I’ve heard the song many times as well as spending a weeks vacation on Loch Lomond…I can see why your a proud Scot. Now… er… if you could just explain the lyrics to ‘piping in the hagis’ all would be well! LOL!!!

if this post in any way shape or form sounds as though I’m having a go at you RC, I can assure you I’m not…

Why would you? I’m not an Aussie! Just a ‘soft southern [B]B***ard[/B]!’ LOL!!!

I’ll refrain from answering you since anything I say you will just report to pipzilla and have me edited while you walk off with a tap one the wrist.

Do everyone else a favor, grow up.

Hmm… too edgy a thread for me eremarket… I’ll slope off back to ‘The Traders arms’. I prefer trading with a healthy dose of self deprication… can’t have one without the other and stay the course? :smiley:

A careless Scotsman may have ‘discovered’ Penicillin, but it took an Australian to cure someone with it.

Anybody ever heard the song - The Bonnie Banks o’ Loch Lomond ?? Course you have, you’ve probably tried to sing it at least once in your lives on some alcohol fueled evening, much in the same way most of you all link arms and sing Auld Lang Syne at New Year. Probably without a friggin clue as to what on earth it is your saying.

Well the chorus of The Bonnie Banks starts like this:

[B][I] “O ye’ll tak’ the high road, and Ah’ll tak’ the low (road)
And Ah’ll be in Scotlan’ afore ye”[/I][/B]

[B][U]OR[/U][/B]
You take the high road, and I;ll take the low road
And I’ll be in Scotland before you.

So if two Scotsmen go into battle and one should die, the one who LIVED would walk above ground, (the high road ) home to Scotland. But the fallen hero’s soul would travel underground (the low road ) and be back in Scotland first.

So do I fear the body bag RC ??? Nah mate, because I know in my heart where my people are going when they die, Rupert Bear breeks an a’.

Of course, I only have this belief because MY country has more than two and a half Fu***** minutes worth of history and culture to look back on, much the same as the rest of the UK.

Can’t ever see the day we sit around in bars in Scotland singing “Waltzing Matilda”, the story of another fu***** thief who stole some sheep and drowned his own arse because he’s too **** scared to own up to it.

Have to agree with you on that. Not what I consider to be the best representation of the country

Having said all that, we could always have a few choruses of Tie Me Kangaroo down Sport, which could well be about a whole friggin host of perversions.

However, never let it be said that I’m not willing to embrace the traditions and cultures of other countries. So with that in mind, I’m now off out the back garden to enjoy the rest of Australia Day with the family by incinerating an ex-animal and getting pissed.

if this post in any way shape or form sounds as though I’m having a go at you RC, I can assure you I’m not. I just will not be accused of having deep pockets and short arms, [B][U]especially[/U][/B] by an Australian, in fun or not. I drive a cab for a living as most of you know, and I pick up all nationalities. Australians are by no means in the position to call anybody miserable. Fu***** Scrooge was a philanthropist compared to them.

HoG, I was unaware of your cab driving, but if your complaint is that Australians don’t tip then it is simple. Why would we pay you extra for doing a job we have paid you for?

Australia is a nice place to be in. It has a lot of natural beauty which you will not find in any other part of the world.

Their are lot of sporting activity also available for the International visitors.

Ok folks, let me run through all of this in one post, as I’ve just finished a 19 hour shift and I neither have the will nor the want to drag my backside through any more crap for one evening. Funny thing is though I don’t want to go to bed without writing this, so here goes.

[B][U]teb5108[/U][/B]

Few things in life teb, are as proudly earned, or as shamefully lost, as respect. And it honestly shames me that I have lost some of yours. But you are right, we, as Scots, do have a long history. A history that we can be proud of, (I’ll refrain from using the word “immaculate”). And do I believe that we are better than anyone else? God no. I only need to go to work on a Saturday night to be reminded, not that I need reminding, that we are just as flawed as ANY other nation on this earth.

But long, proud histories teb, by definition alone, do not come easily, (or quickly :19:) And the problem with long, proud histories is that they tend to make the people who are lucky enough to be born into them, just a wee bit ‘touchy’ when it’s questioned.

That being said, there was, upon reflection, no need or the language used and for that I apologise unreservedly to any and all who were offended by it. And incidentally teb, you don’t ever need to lie, your honesty makes me respect you even more.

[B][U]Mr Carter[/U][/B]

Never open a short position on salvation RC. It’s the ONLY support level that will always hold !!

The country is filled with scenery that makes me proud to be Scots. It’s the scenery in the cities that makes me not. As for the lyrics, you’ve got me there mate. They even have us Scots going, “WTF ??”

Language like that could cause heads to roll in my house RC. Y’see, the lovely Mrs HoG was born with that very same affliction LOL!! All derogatory comments aimed at our Sassenach cousins, …ahem, were outlawed many years ago. LOL !!

[B][U]Cyco[/U][/B]

First of all, how did we get here ? Oh that’s right, now I remember, you made some skitty little remark about Scots being miserable and I threw the toys out of the pram. That was it ! But it’s always the same with me. Someone takes the parental control settings off of the Internet, and I end up insulting an entire continent. ( possibly two continents depending on where teb lives ! )

So I apologise. My remarks towards your country were un-called for and probably nothing more than just plain childish. In fact, my family has always said we’d love to visit Australia ( the only thing that is holding us back is that my 16 year old daughter seems to be a bit too interested in the life gaurds on Bondi rescue for my liking )

However, if you’ll permit me to be a bit childish just a teeny weeny bit longer, there’s just a couple of things I’d like to run past you.

You’re not getting the credit for that. Plain and simple. Careless? What like he tripped and got up and said, “My God, I fell over and invented penicillin. If only there was an Australian handy who knew what to do with it we’d be bang in front!”

Nope, not allowed LOL !

No need to worry about the representation of your country Cyco, do a search on YouTube for , 1980 Scottish Cup final Riots, not the best representation of my country

As a matter, purely of interest, do you all hold the same philosophy when paying for a meal in a restaurant? Or paying the paper delivery boy, or the milkman, or paying for take-away food being delivered? To think that you never tip when a job has been paid for would hold true for everything. So do Australians NEVER tip? It’s only a question, I’m not having a go again, just a question.

Anyway, that’s me done, off to bed now.

I apologise once again for any offense caused. Off to play in my own garden again, only end up in trouble when I play in the neighbours.

HoG

Waist 34" Inside leg 33". Thanks santa LOL!!

Hey HOG

Whilst your post was extremely stupid and disrespectful to my country ill accept it as just one of those things people say when pissed off. I almost replied back to you but i really couldnt be bothered getting into a $hit fight.

I can shed some light on why Aussies are generally not great tippers. Reason is that here in Australia labour costs are very high and the price of whatever you are eating/using has already been factored in. This is the main reason why everything is so expensive here.

For example uni students who work as waiters at cafes for part time work will get around $20 an hour so they dont really rely on tips to survive. Also if they work Sundays or public holidays they can get double or X1.5 of their usual hourly rate. They get paid quite well as it is. Years ago I worked at a fruit shop and was on about $22 an hour which required not much skill or training. To us there is no need to tip as their employer is already paying them for the job they are doing.

Same thing with cabbies (im guessing) over here, getting taxis are not cheap as it is. The cab owners who holds the licence gets half, the owner will then pay the driver and then gas and maintenance needs to be paid for as well. This is pretty much factored into the price which leads to a high cost for users of the service as it is. Needing to tip on top of that would result in less people getting cabs.

So i think that our philosophy on that subject is different to most countries. Its just a different way of looking at things due to how the country is run, neither is right or wrong…

Hope that clears it up somewhat.

Cheers

> provides link to myfxbook page in this post:301 Moved Permanently

> fxbook profile here has blurb about ‘trade cloning service’, with a spot for a link(link no longer there): XSquaredTrading’s Profile | Myfxbook

> Fees for eremarket’s signal service through 4xsolutions: £128.83(plus the £23.00 license fee), with a £151.86 monthly recurring charge: X Squared Trading Subscription - 4x Solutions LTD | 4x Solutions LTD

As to the first part of your reply, I’ll take that, it was disrespectful. You would, however, do well to remember who first made the disrespectful comments regarding other peoples countries, wasn’t me.

As for the second part of your reply, all wages are relative. If you say that your workers are well paid as is, then it also means that the people who are doing the tipping are well paid.

Workers in the UK are not as well paid as it would seem workers in Australia are. Meaning the people who use services, or facilities, themselves are not well paid. But we still manage to tip a whole host of industries.

But I have no doubt you are right, we probably just look at things differently. Very differently.

Hope that clears it up completely.

HoG

Yeah it is relative in that wages are higher but so are prices…which is why there really isnt much tipping. Its not needed.

For example, from what I know - in the US i have heard that a waiters hourly wage is quite low and they need tips to get by.

Due to the low labour cost the employers can charge a lot less for food as labour is not really factored into the prices on the menu. This is where the tip comes in. The approximate tip has to be factored in by the customer instead of how it is done in Aus where the employer charges a price where the waiter will get paid no matter how busy the shop is for that day.

Anyways everyone has their own way of doing things and no one can really say one should do it this way or that way…its just how it is. Imagine how boring life would be if we all agreed! haha

Have a good one mate :57:

Everyone agreeing with each other ?? My God, life wouldn’t be worth living my friend. LOL!

You take care, be lucky, my love to Aus !! :slight_smile:

HoG

Not sure what the price difference is between Aus and USA as far as labor costs are but your comment of USA employers can charge less for food since we leave tips. The key word is CAN that does not mean they do. Not only that due to greed of the employer most waiters also have to split there tip with the cooks and the rest of the staff. So that small tip gets a lot smaller real fast. Most restaurants really dont lower the cost of food that much just pay the employees far less and pcoket the rest. My wife was a waitress for a while when we got together and to be honest it cost us money for her to work thats how little the tips were and the paycheck was nothing more than a slap in the face. Again I am not sure of the price difference between here and there. I do plan on taking a trip over there to dive the reefs soon. So a little help on that matter would be nice so I know how much bank I am really going to need.

Pocket length 24"?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Just my style !!