Hybrid trading system

Yes you were lucky in a risky trade. at that time the market was not clear. now as we have a higher high the market has shown a direction.

Exit +60 pips.

JPYs also break higher like said on previous post. EU also broke to predicted target and gold took 1274.3 altogether 500 pips on yesterdays analysis.
Vicaas that was good job on Gold trade, actually you could have kept position still open. If we dont see short sellers for while this will go 1000s pips up.

Janet Yellen speech today, probably some ups and downs on market in that time, nothing that can be probably traded, maybe on GJ.

Took GU long from 1.6419.

jan gratulation to Master Contributor. what ever it means… :35:

Heh thanks…i guess.

AU could give long here for 20 pips on upside and AN too. Its late buying so probably not worth it. Besides JPYs there isnt much to trade today, lets see maybe we can get some bumps on GJ on Yellen speech.

Hi There,
I’m getting confused with my pips can u tell me please.
If for example Eur/Jpy moves from 139.900 to 139.800 is that 10 or 100 pip move?
my broker using 5 decimal places in most Aud/Usd etc.
Also, is there a method i can work out regardless of how many decimal places?
Thanks for help with this elementary stuff :slight_smile:

Exit GU +10. Done with longs on GU for now maybe another try on other GBP pairs. Holding GJ long +3.

StormGirl your example is 10 pips move.

*EDIT: Exiting GU was a bad idea after reexamining the charts, clearly completly consolidated area with breakout screaming.
Took 20 pips on GJ long.

GA
Screenshot by Lightshot

3.5 trading days back in, 16.04% increase to account, 131 total pips, 4.19% max draw down, 66 trades, 14 losses, 78.8% win rate.
Since yesterday: 30.3 pips, 14 trades, 3 losers, ~2.7% gain to account. All longs on an assortment of quick scalps mostly on Janpec’s recommendations…currently no positions open.

I am looking to long EJ here if it jumps to 140.090, looks like a buy on continuation on m15, h1 suggests I am 10 pips too late, should be good for at least another 10.

GN
Screenshot by Lightshot

I dont know what was that spike. I see no news? Hope u got your 10p and did not hold down.
it was so nice trend with good swings. and without any warnings it got broken.

Bernardo trend got broken by NY open.Always expect that no matter if there are news or not. However i do not expect trend to be broken as long as m30 lows hold.

Yes I got my 10 pips from it, then I got c0cky and bought again. Currently have 3 positions long on EJ currently sitting at around -75, -65, and -25 pips…I bumped up my timeframe to hourly and set my sl’s about 110 pips back (behind the last hourly low) of 1st entry. This is still a spike against the trend, if we can get a 60 or 70% retracement I should be ok. I will have to be patient and wait this one out.

----update—
sitting at roughly -55, -45, -5 now
All of this was Yellen, I thought it was happening later (based on the calender) …worst pairs to be long in were EU and EJ, E took the biggest hit and U and J got stronger.

I thought NY open is not strong as London open. And it was 30 minute later?

Yellen speech was either early or notes were released.

lacamus please add this to your roles:

[B]Never ever add to a loosing position ![/B]

you can hedge instead and close the hedge when the trend resumes.

man i cant understand anything, how can you trade with so many lines?

Can somebody tell he how to trade this system? I can’t open the PDF

Bernardo NYO is most time stronger than LO, simply becouse most of daily strongest news are based around it. London is only more important if you trade stocks or other instruments like futures.

I have to disagree…it all depends on your “confidence” in the trend. Regardless, I agree that this was the worst decision I have made in past 3 days. I should have taken my loss at -10 pips. My broker does not allow hedging, however I can have a second account which would allow for that…but also, I don’t believe in hedging. This was badly played by me, I know that, but I may have to sit overnight on this. The Japanese market is closed today, there shouldn’t be much resistance on this retrace.

Update: -50, -40, +3

haha maybe because i play piano and can read 8 vertical notes at a time without any problems :wink: