Hybrid trading system

good point :33:

look lamacus
this MM (money management) is not right. If you scalp, you need a SL for scalp. If you play jans system in 1h-chart you need SL for that and a smaller pos-size. Because with the larger SL your position must be smaller. So its not logic with a big position for scalp to hold until the SL in hour-chart.

Guys i hope you are buying GPB after news spike on retracement. Like shown in sessions for Claimant counts example. So far banged several scalps.

look lamacus
this MM (money management) is not right. If you scalp, you need a SL for scalp. If you play jans system in 1h-chart you need SL for that and a smaller pos-size. Because with the larger SL your position must be smaller. So its not logic with a big position for scalp to hold until the SL in hour-chart.

Correct, SL or exit strategy with scalping positions especially those with higher than 1-3% risk has to be used from entry TF or at maximum one TF above. Anything else will turn in disaster on wrong placement. Has been tested hundreds of times on all EAs i did.

I learned my lesson on SL’s and lot sizes. I am not using huge lots, I am saying that if I have big loss I will double next, never said I am not using SL’s. I always use SL’s. Also, if I use double my normal lots, it is still not putting me out of my comfort zone. Two months ago I was looking for 90% win rate, I can’t achieve that, not as the trader I am today, I learned that the hard way…70% is ok by me. When you win 90% you can take bigger chances with lot size (in my opinion). My lot size is smaller now, but I will also pull out of a trade quicker, so in a sense risk is less on 2 sides of the equation.

Hello Everyone… with the Hybrid System – what timeframe are most of you trading on? 15 min? Is anyone doing this with the Daily timeframe? if so, i would love to see some posts with pictures of some trades…

14 pips off GJ long, thanks JP

Remember, not only do I have SL’s, but my finger is almost always on the trigger…I am never away from my terminal for more than a few minutes when I am trading like this.

Today (so far): 1.76% gain to account, 5 trades, 1 loss, 19.7 pips
Running Total: 5.5 days trading, 22.04% gain, 94 trades, 22 lost, 76.6% win rate, 186.2 pips

Another thing…my average losing trade is ~6 pips, my average winning trade is ~5 pips. My goal (mission) is to get that win pip average higher than losing. I am still leaving lots of pips on the table. Perfect example is CADJ this morning.

Gold just went out of leash. All shorts of the table for gold now. Some long entries should setup tomorrow, but only trough asia and early london becouse NY will most likely bring down push.

Probably done for today, +20%, 70 pips profit.

So much left today, especially with AUD…going to be around for employment #'s? I know that is late night for you.

…also EJ is flirting with 170.000, could be some fireworks.

I wont trade employment becouse probably wont make any significant move over 50 pips. And retracement wont be worth trading and staying up for those 10 pips.

jwilldunk personally i am trading everything above M1 usually. But yes M15 seems like where most trades come from.

[QUOTE=“janpec1000;601465”]I wont trade employment becouse probably wont make any significant move over 50 pips. And retracement wont be worth trading and staying up for those 10 pips. jwilldunk personally i am trading everything above M1 usually. But yes M15 seems like where most trades come from.[/QUOTE]

Hello Janpec
What time do you normally start an end? I am in California. How many trades (the two patterns in the system) do you do a day in the 15 min timeframe?

jwilldunk i start between 13PM and end 18PM GMT+1 usually. I trade bounces aswell not just patterns, bounces will be better presented in next pdf update.

“bad” day for me, my sl was triggered on audusd i think it was too high Trade Detail | MeetPips.com

Today (so far): 4.33% gain to account, 23 trades, 3 losses, 87% win rate, 48.3 pips
Running Total: 6 days back into trading, 25.12% gain, 112 trades, 24 lost, 78.6% win rate, 214.8 pips, max draw 4.19%

[QUOTE=“janpec1000;601523”]jwilldunk i start between 13PM and end 18PM GMT+1 usually. I trade bounces aswell not just patterns, bounces will be better presented in next pdf update.[/QUOTE]
Hello japec
thanks for always replying so fast!
when will the next PDF update arrive? Do you do more bounces than patterns?

why u need date?when its ready.patience young padawan

Just wanted to say that I’m still reading this thread with interest, and am grateful to everyone who has shared their experiences! I’m looking forward to the new PDF from Jan. I would still love to join in the sessions, but I’m not sure what to do about that seeing as I’m a Newbie and apparently can’t receive private messages. :frowning:

on this page 301 Moved Permanently the option Allow other members to send me email messages is checked?

Yes I have checked that option. But Jan and some other people were saying earlier in the thread that ‘Newbies’ can’t receive messages. I think I heard that right?