Hybrid trading system

Stopped out on GU -56.5, still holding long on GJ currently at -45…SL is back at last low (-145 pips)
Today (so far): 5 trades, 5 losses (1 pending), 27.43% draw down, -299.7 pips

Why is everybody so nervous here?
While Jan is so calm :slight_smile:

Guys before you actually begin making the slightest consistent profit you will have thought about quitting 1000 times. So you are on the right path.

Also, not everything is for everybody. For example Bernardo doesnt use Stochs, while I cant use his indicators.
So it is a learning curve. You have to be patient and practise.
Until you find what is yours.

On another note, I am enjoying phone trading more and more. I got one setup today. On GJ. I bought while I was crossing the road .

Really hope to get back to posting live trades.

Its a long path indeed. i have trade for 120 times now and i feel im learning but still im not in a position to go live i think but i hope to be soon. i dont want to be profitable although, i just dont want to blow my account and the profits will come when i will be ready

CDRosos forget about UCHF. Infact forget about Usd pairs. Except UJ for NFP and that is once a month.
And maybe GU.
Sometimes

GU ran my SL over then turned and started right back the other way…already back up 12 pips from where it got me (at previous low).

well I have the feeling nobody like to speak about MM (money management)
people like too much speak about indicators charts candles etc etc
but MM nonono
in fact MM is the MOST IMPORTANT
if you dont have a good MM you will destroy your account.

so look here. there is a beautifull position size calculator on babies. its so easy JUST USE IT
Position Size Calculator: Free Online Forex Position Sizing Calculator

and get yourself a test here
Position Sizing - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

and here
Risk Management - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

have fun

So here my personal opinion
1% risk super conservative
2% risk conservative
5% risk aggressive

I play depending of the setup (if its really good or soso) between 1% and max 5%

So after each trade calculate new the size and depending of the SL which should not be just some pips but technically an invalidation point of your setup, so under a pivot or a support or last low ect…
that means if you win then next time you can play more…
if you lost then next time you can play less…

and moile i use stoch but 11 3 3 and a MTF (higher time frame)

and what to trade?
i have an mt4 script postition size calculator if anyone need it. i play only 1% of my account and i only risk on a good position when im profitable. i think this risk management is enough for a newbie

Cross pairs move faster.

Bernardo,
We were just talking about money management this morning…

Also many times you have told me to not rebuy, however what I have been doing is taking 1 position (not 2 like system says), then if price goes backward I look again to see if position would still be good then I rebuy.

As for a calculator I wrote my own in excel that allows meto enter the margin I want to use and the % of my account I want to risk , then it shows how many lots to use for how many positions I plan on having open at same time, and it shows you max stoploss setting to keep risk at wanted %, also shows with multiple positions.

CDRoses got thread message 1000 on page 100! …and we didn’t even notice.

its OK. we are all learning. I just have the feeling that we use to big size. except jan he make insane pips. but till then I can do it too, will take time

Why is everybody so nervous here?
While Jan is so calm

[B]Guys before you actually begin making the slightest consistent profit you will have thought about quitting 1000 times. So you are on the right path.[/B]

Also, not everything is for everybody. For example Bernardo doesnt use Stochs, while I cant use his indicators.
So it is a learning curve. You have to be patient and practise.
Until you find what is yours.

On another note, I am enjoying phone trading more and more. I got one setup today. On GJ. I bought while I was crossing the road .

Really hope to get back to posting live trades.

I have highlighted the most important part of message. Most FX traders that could be positive traders or at least could stand a chance quit before having chance discovering profitable path. Answer is simple, forex is one complex thing to study and it is destructive to nerves as long as negative trades outperform positive trades. I am giving you all guys here system that along most other system gives depth market structure but i never said it is easy system, it is probably one of hardest systems, becouse if you really want to learn everything to grasp full hand over market i believe you need a lot of info, the systems role is to combine this info and bring entries down to as robust as simple as possible, but there are just some areas that cant be cut to easier as they are.

CDRosos forget about UCHF. Infact forget about Usd pairs. Except UJ for NFP and that is once a month.
And maybe GU.
Sometimes

Correct thats same way i trade it. Rare occasions on UCHF and i keep away from dollar pairs unles for NFP. Focus on crosses, and yen pairs, EU and GU mostly only if there are good setups.

its OK. we are all learning. I just have the feeling that we use to big size. except jan he make insane pips. but till then I can do it too, will take time

Bernardo give it time there are three reasons to use bigger position sizes. One is if you have made many profits and you are risking really only profits for sake of more profits. Second is if you have grasped system perfectly and you are constantly profitable even if you withdraw daily or weekly. Third is if there is perfect entry setup acording to system and you really think this will work with little DD in your way.

Lets see where this sucker goes:
Screenshot by Lightshot

One of best documentaries i have seen so far. Straight down to point, its basic resource for fx trader, all from dollar future, FED, oil wars, petrodollar wars, investment banks, cia assasinations from jfk to chavez to twin towers.
Fractional Reserve Banking - YouTube

At 1:50:00 there is one simple data why dollar future and therefore future of fiat system is so well cemented, USA will not able to afford payments on debt interest in several years. Its really no debate that can possibly expand further, it ends either by default and end of fiat system (end of forex aswell) or it goes on in massive hiperinflation and loose of reserve status, ending in disaster for world economy, where it really doesnt play role if we still trade fx or not. And thats why i think its not worth pretending that we can do this till end of our lives, i think time is ticking we just need to get ahead of track fast enough and master this before it goes belly up.

Oi Jan and others,

i like the idea of this system and i already earn some pips but due to my work i mostly use pending orders wich the BE stop is difficult to move to BE if not in front of computer at a precise time… thats why i have a question if anybody knows for a simple ea wich can provide such settings: "auto place stop loss to BE when price reach +20"
As an example, if I open a pending buy at 1.3600 and set Stop Loss at 1.3550, I want that when the market will be 1.3020 the SL will be moved to 1.3002 automatically…

good luck to all :slight_smile:

lp
M

Damn jan, now i have to learn fast.how much time i have? :slight_smile:

Yeh i already thought of it its next on my list after alert indicators are finished.

CDrosos 10 years sounds reasonable.

i already posted it

Oh bernardo where if i may ask, could you repost.

+4 on EA buy