I almost quit trading

I don’t know what transpired between Princess014 and ProfessorPip in terms of their convo to have resulted in her leaving the forum, but reading her previous posts, while not an excuse to be rude to others, it shows she is in need of people who possess patient understanding. Love88 has done an excellent job of that. I am not defending her actions in any way but I hope we look beyond the actions to ‘see into the soul’ of the person that they really mean no harm.

2 Likes

That may be asking a lot. This forum has (to put it mildly) no great or insightful history at imputing malice: its judgments in this area are replete with both false positives and false negatives.

I can send screenshot what was wrong with the post, just send PM

1 Like

Quite true. The barometer of patience and understanding gives different readings for each individual, so, on that note I may be asking too much from the forumites. Again, you are right that the forum judgments are rife with false positives and negatives. However, my appeal is aimed towards making an extra room for accommodating the ‘seeming’ violations of forum rules and regulations. I am not implying just condoning any appearance of violation of regulations. I am only trying to advocate greater empathy towards others. I hope I am not misjudged for this opinion of mine. I want the best for everyone.

2 Likes

I know you do and I commend you on it.

(I do, too, actually, but people often think I don’t come across that way.)

1 Like

Professor, thank you so much for the offer. However, judging from your previous posts, that won’t actually be necessary since it seems to me you wouldn’t have considered that course of action unless it was needful. Truth is, I respect the decision, and applaud your determination to have reported an act that was in violation of babypips community standards. The community’s atmosphere of interaction is kept reasonably conducive by that very act. I would only appeal for the exercise of a little more patience before reporting the erring member. Like Jane said, I may be asking too much.

Dear ProfesorPips,

I am truly sorry. :cry: :cry: I was asking moderator to close this topic as the tension between you and Princess014 is escalated. I don’t want anybody feel uncomfortable in this topic. I felt guilty because of that.

But, it turns out Princess014’s comment is deleted by moderator. Sorry Princess014, I am the one who you should blame, not ProfesorPips (He has no idea why your post is deleted).

Dear Torchwave, Here is what Princess deleted comment (Now you know what happened)

Again, I am sorry, ProfessorPips for this misunderstanding. :cold_sweat: :cry:

Have a good day, all my Fellows… :smiling_face:

1 Like

@Love88, I love your habitual propensity to defuse tensions in an effort to sustain a warm and peaceful social environment. I cannot admire that enough.

I have spoken with the Professor in private. He is genuinely easygoing, selfless and friendly, and my opinion of him has not changed. It is just sad that Princess014 thought otherwise.

If Princess014 is reading this (I hope) I want her to know we can put all that behind us as we move beyond personal grievances to building wholesome relationships with each other in the future. It is all that matters.

1 Like

Dear Torchwave,

That’s very thoughtful of you. Thank you :blush: :blush:

I couldn’t agree more with you…
You really took the words out of my mouth… :disappointed_relieved: :yum: :wink:

1 Like

Don’t blame yourself either, that kind situation is not new for me

1 Like

Thank you for your kind understanding, ProfesorPips… :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Dear Fellow Trader,

First and foremost, I want to acknowledge the pain and frustration you are experiencing. Trading can be incredibly challenging and emotionally taxing, and it’s evident that you’ve been through a lot. Losing a significant portion of your account not once, but twice, is a heavy burden to bear, and it’s perfectly natural to feel disheartened and lost.

Your honesty about your struggles is commendable. It takes a lot of courage to share your experiences and seek support. You’re not alone in this journey—many traders have faced similar setbacks and have felt the same despair.

Remember, every trader faces challenges and setbacks. What’s important is how you learn and grow from these experiences. It’s okay to take a break and regroup. Your journey in trading is a marathon, not a sprint.

Take care of yourself, and don’t lose hope. The path to becoming a successful trader is filled with ups and downs, but with persistence and a clear mind, you can overcome these obstacles.

2 Likes

How did you manage to stay motivated after facing such significant losses? What steps are you taking now to rebuild and improve your trading strategy?

1 Like

Dear Tradingbusters,

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I read it over and over again… :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Have a good day :wink:

1 Like

Hi there, sorry to hear and hope you doing well.
Well i dont know how many years and money i already spent in learning to trade. i believe most of people going through this the same. As others said, trading really can mess up with emotion.

Just try to keep going with your strategy as you said that you already in floating profit of 40%, then maybe you should try trading just using 0.01 lot,revised the proper TP(based on trading style whether swing or day trade), then keep track of the trades in journal, review the journal by filtering the winning and losing trades, take note of any parameter that influenced winning rate such as tp level or pip targets or pairs suitable with the strategy or avoid pairs that losses most,etc…

Keep hanging in there. Lastly i dont think EA works because if it work then why they made money by selling it instead of using it.

1 Like

Dear Shifol,

Thank you so much for your advice… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You are absolutely right, I am on my way there then… :smiling_face:

My EA is not working. Only 1 trade win from 5 trades, 4 losing streak. :disappointed_relieved:
I guess, there are no easy ways to do this. :sweat_smile:

Don’t judge your EA after 5 trades :wink:

1 Like

Dear ProfessorPips,

Thank you :smiling_face:
You might be right. I am now observe and forward test it. I am afraid to put my hard earned money in it, at least for now.

Always test your strategies on demo or small live account

1 Like

Actually, holding the motivation alive for a long time in the market is difficult and especially I know it very well. To be honest, I have been with the market for long five years and still I am confused about the market. I am very much rigid and I don’t want to leave the market. So, I won’t say only risk management policy will help you survive in the market because pure market forecast plays a vital role here.

1 Like