I almost quit trading

Don’t give up

1 Like

Thank you very much for your advice, it helps me a lot!!

I will check my husband actions from now! See if he really help my death certificate problem or not !! Honestly too much problems in Japan to handle, it really makes me down…

Im still thinking about whether staying in Pakistan or going back Canada.

Honestly staying in Pakistan is easier, because have my husband family here to help me, but because of death certificate, I don’t know if I can stay here or not…

Going back Canada will be a big challenge for me, I don’t know I can pay bills every month or not, there will be a lot of hard work because I’m alone there…

Everyday I’m thinking about it, but still can’t make decision…

1 Like

Hey Love88,

I’m glad to see your reply, and I’m happy that my message helps. Remember to trade small. One of the best things a newbie trader can do is to trade small so that they won’t care if they lose. Only with a mindset of “I don’t need to worry about this small amount of money; if I lose, it’s not a big deal, and if I win, it won’t be much anyway—let’s focus on practicing” can you analyze the market freely without being affected by fear or greed. Instead, you can focus on perfecting your trading system. Learning to trade can take more than a year or even several years, depending on the trader. Only by trading small can a trader stay in the market longer and persevere until they become profitable. I’ve seen many traders quit because of the financial burden after trading large positions and risking more than they could afford to lose.

Wishing you a smooth trading journey!

2 Likes

I had been trading forex for about three years, and for the most part, it was an exhilarating experience. However, things started to take a turn for the worse when the market became increasingly volatile. I found myself glued to the screen, trying to anticipate every market move. The stress began to mount as I watched my trades swing from profit to loss in a matter of minutes.

The pressure to perform and recover losses led me to make impulsive decisions, straying from my trading plan. I started risking more than I should have, hoping for that one big win that would turn things around. Unfortunately, it only led to bigger losses. My trading account dwindled, and I was forced to use money I couldn’t afford to lose.

For now I’m going to repeat again but with a proper MM

@Thubay,

Ok will do, Brother.

Wishing you a great journey in everything as well… :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

All the best for your trading journey, Jaskoiski.

There was a period when I also spent a lot of time in front of the chart. Occasionally, I still do. Every time I detect a pattern, I tell myself, “Hey, I need a life too.” So we need to go out, exercise, eat good food, spend time with loved ones, and do other activities besides trading. Not only does this improve our quality of life, but it also gives us a calmer mindset when we come back to the chart. I’m not sure if this method will be helpful to you, but just remember why we trade—we trade to enjoy life more, not to live miserably in stress and be glued to the chart for hours with emotional swings.

If you have the freedom to choose your trading hours, I think a good practice is to set a fixed trading time each day. For example, 2 hours after the London open, or 3 hours after the New York open, etc.

3 Likes

Yes, I think this is a really good practice that helps the learning-process: it kind of “reduces the variables” and therefore the confusion, in the early stages of screen-time.

3 Likes

I love the bamboo tree analogy! It’s so true that sometime it feels like we’re not making any progress, but all that learning and experience is building a strong foundation.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. You literally said it all.

1 Like

I totally agree! Taking breaks and focusing on life outside of trading really helps. Setting fixed trading hours, like after the London or New York open, sounds like a great idea to stay balanced. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

@TYGMedia,

Hello Brother…

What to do if the market go far far away without you on board cus you are too “patient”/afraid to trade. Sometimes delusional about if I trade this, it might go against me, It should go down 1st before up, Etc… :cry: :disappointed_relieved:

Did you ever, trade almost touched your SL and you just cut it before it touched your SL (but it did not touched) and then few days later, it turns out to be a big winner (It felt sucks)…

How do you overcome this? (I think I know already the answer :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:,will there any surprises? :yum:)

Maybe anybody else have a unique experience and tips to overcome this?
How to have “ice in my vein” when your trade against you?

Hi Sister @Love88, How are you doing? :grin:

Always happy and feel contented to anything happened. :innocent: That is my thought.

If you tell me the instrument, I can give you a better illustration. Most of the time I feel being tricked when market is about to reverse, in particular reversal on higher time frame, such as H4 and above. We can have fear to get in, but we can see good correction. If you have doubt, my advice is stay away. Try to find out the characteristic in the past, on how the instrument will usually behave. That will be the key to encounter the same situation in the future. Most of the time, it behaves the same.

Another option, you need to use different strategy in different account. So, you will not bother to much by missing few trades. For me, for eurusd itself, I am trading with 8 different accounts, different strategies. So, when I miss in one strategy, mostly of time the other strategies will cover it. In your case, you probably need to implement 1-2 methodologies only. For beginner, positioning and breakout are the easiest, but positioning will be the safer option.

It’s very often, price just come and teasing me to hit my SL. It’s getting worse since I am using 5RR in my methodology. You need to observe carefully where the strong SnR is located. It will help you to get confident to keep your position. You must be very cautious when lower TF is not relevant with higher TF. It will just kiss our SL and then go straightly to our TP. It will be felt so humiliated and embarrassing :sweat_smile:. But it’s normal, lesson is taken. Next time we knock them out, clean and smooth :innocent:

And the last thing, your description of doubts are indicating that you are still have gray areas with your own strategy. You need to refine your trading rules and be discipline to follow it. Establish a more quantitative method rather than following qualitative model will help you to clear a lot of doubts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a good trading day, wish us will pocketing a lot of pips today :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Dear Brother @TYGMedia,

Thank you for your reply… :blush:

Can we discuss this in private, if you don’t mind?
Maybe you could send me private message?

I am quite confident with my strategy, its just “the fear” of getting tricked by the market which makes me like a dumb person makes me delusion about many worst scenario when about to open a trade.

Hi @Love88, I have knocking your inbox … :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Forex trading requires good forecasting and ability to keep yourself in the mighty trends!

I have a question!!

I’m planning to leave Pakistan and go Canada and Japan for a while I don’t know how long.

The problem is that I only have Pakistani rupees, here have hard time even get dollars for exchange(even shop, bank not get) so…

can I change Pakistani rupees to Canada dollars at Canada international airport?it’s a minor currency I’m not sure can exchange or not?
exchange rate is good or not?
if less than $10000 I’m sure can exchange right?

Please anybody can kindly tell me, thanks!!

isnt it much safer to keep ur funds in an account connected through swift system (international banking) or maybe use westernunion? you might be questioned coming in with large amount of fiat money.

Yes, but airports can have higher fees due to their convenience. It also depends on which airport you’re going through. The bigger ones, like Pearson have kiosks and currency exchange desks all over the place.

Do you have any friends or family in Canada? If so, going through a bank is probably your cheapest option.

Other options are apps like PayPal and Wise that let you send and exchange many different currencies right from your bank account to a friend/family members’ bank account who are already in the country you’re visiting. Just make sure you fully trust the person you’re sending it to.

Yeah, maybe airport have high rate, but it’s ok…

I not have any friends or family in Canada, I not have PayPal or wise too…
I will check bank if I need

Thank you very much for your response.

I hear you, and trust me, I’ve been there too. Losing big is gut-wrenching, especially when it feels like things are finally going your way, only to watch it all reverse. It’s tough, and I know it’s even harder when you’re stuck in that cycle of fear and hesitation now.

Here’s what might help:

1. Take a break – Not to quit, but to clear your head. Trading under stress will just lead to more mistakes.
  2. Check your risk management – Keep your risk small per trade, maybe 1-2%, so one loss doesn’t wipe you out.
  3. Greed and fear – Maybe try aiming for smaller, consistent wins instead of big targets. It’ll help with the emotional swings.
  4. Be cautious with EAs and signals – They’re not a fix-all. It’s good you’re testing on demo, so keep at it before trusting it fully.
  5. Patience – Your setups might need more time or a tweak in your stop-loss/take-profit to better match the market.

It’s okay to feel frustrated. Let it out, but don’t rush back in. Give yourself time to reset. You’ve got the strength to push through this—you’re already proving that by not giving up. Hang in there.

1 Like