I almost quit trading

After reading the comments, it seems you have learned a lot from the ideas shared there. ( :grinning:).

Just curious, have you taken a break after everything that happened with you?

Taking a pause is important in trading.

I hope the answer will be YES!

1 Like

Dear Airpips,

Yes, I did. Thanks for asking, though…
I am taking a slow path here. Not too emotional as before. Sometimes not trading in weeks. Took lots of small vacations :blush:

3 Likes

I love your new vibe. A positive mind is an asset in trading. Your patience in waiting weeks for a trade setup is incredible as it is commendable. The stuff of discipline that marks a good trader. If you do have any questions please feel free to ask. I wish you all the very best on this journey to trading success.

2 Likes

Dear @Torchwave,

Thank you :hugs: :hugs:

You really made my day… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I realized that, moment will always be there. There is no reason to chase the market. Its really tiring.
I will try my best to control my emotion and let the price come to my setup.

May your days ahead will be filled with Joy & Happiness :innocent:

Cheers to our success and a bright future! :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, and thank you, @Love88 for the warm words. Excellent idea on waiting for price to come to you rather than chasing it. Cheers to our success and a bright future. Have an amazing week ahead.

3 Likes

Recently I really can’t find any entry or exit point, Major pairs have too many consolidations and have suddenly drops or going up. I used to entry with 15 minutes time frame, but now I can’t even find. It used to be a more clear buy and sell graph, but graph changed…I keep losing on demo.

Recently have some events going on?

How I find entry point and exit point?

Hi @Princess014, Long time no see :slight_smile:

Your experience indicates you didn’t consider Higher TF (HTF). For beginner you need to consider situation on HTF before you look at Lower TF (LTF).

LTF is used to find entry area. HTF is to find safe area. You also need to find out market structure.

The example above, tell you EURUSD market structure on H4. Base on price action you can see, it’s uptrend going on. It’s safer to find long position as long as it doesn’t break latest support.

From here you already know where will be your trading zone. Then you go to LTF to find entry point from here. You may choose M1 to H1 as your timeframe. the lowest TF wil give you lower risk, but need good skill, while higher TF easier but exposed risk will be higher.

On LTF, you can find a reversal point, or after a reversal happens. You need to do backtesting here to confirm you have the skill.

As for USDJPY, Its movement is too steep. I don’t really like this pair actually. BOJ is too conservative. But you can see the interesting area to find a position. As you can see, to make an uptrend, USDJPY needs to break last resistance. It’s still far away. So, the safe way is to find short position around the yellow horizontal lines area. The reason of those areas, you can see the origination of the lines.

4 Likes

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
Yes, I will consider HTF before I see my entry point of LTF…

Recently graphs are quite choppy and too many consolidations, I have hard time find entry points as well as exit points too.

USDJPY pair is quite steep, I think USDCHF pair too.

Are there any good pairs to trade other than EUR/USD and GBPUSD?

I heard recently have some events and news going on, what about them? That causes graphs not smooth …

2 Likes

Hi @Princess014, no worry. Enjoy your trade, don’t let your losses make you down. :innocent:

For me, major pairs are the easiest to make profit.

• EURUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD are among the easiest one.
  • EURGBP, EURCAD, GBPCAD, AUDUSD, AUDNZD, AUDCAD are easy but they move too slow.
  • GBPUSD, GBPJPY, DE40 are moderate but they are too volatile, dangerous.
  • XAUUSD, XTIUSD and indexes are extreme.

I suggest you to pick view of them only. Different instruments have different habit. You will get confused, won’t be good for your learning process. If you really want to push yourself … probably EURUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD and GBPUSD.

Right now we are facing the moments of The Fed to cut rate. It will makes USD weaker. So any USDXXX will go down and XXXUSD will go up. Things will get more complicated with many political tensions. Nothing is certain, just wait and see. :thinking:

3 Likes

@TYGMedia,

Apologize for my lack of knowledge before. :blush:

You said that It makes USD weaker, So any USDXXX will go up and XXXUSD will go down.

If USD weaker, shouldn’t the USDXXX will go down and XXXUSD go up?

Kindly enlighten me. :innocent:

Also, its said that trade what you see not what you think. But, somehow, this is not the case. Sometimes, all that looked too easy (such as the move obviously going up technically or fundamentally) and then voila… Its just U turn fiercely. Interesting, right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_exhaling:

I would say, trading might be one of the hardest work ever maybe in the world. It really drains me out at the beginning.

But, Hopefully I could be like bamboo tree. Nothing in the 1st 5 years, But later then…Voilaa… :hugs: :hugs: it will suddenly grow very fast, unstoppable and very strong. @Princess014, hope you can be like this too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you.

3 Likes

Sorry for you losses …

i agree with all of the members advice they are all wise

here is what helped me during my time
i focus on one thing at a time with a JOURNAL having a jpurnal helped me solve 100% of my problem

secondly i changed my mndset to focus on the process with that i was able to see most of my losses as an aveneu to learn and PROGRESS with that still studing and mastering my edge i was able to see lessons that my losses taught me and with each losses i backtested studied and verified them as a rule of what not to do in other to make profit

the best way to win is to avoid the past mistakes and any new losses is a win

then after that i proceeded to listening to my journal and i worked on my self on this aspect of trading

FEEL
SPOT
EXECUTE
MANAGE

I was able to study and backtest on those technical analysis aspect of knowing the market direction (feel) , spotting liqiuidity region to enter the trades , set up ( that includes stop oss, exit rule, and the likes , then lastly trade management ( here i was able to deal with my trading demons )

the last part is where ii am currently with this i was able to turn a -3% to profits of +0.5% after 3months of doing this …

one important thing that help me was focusing on just EURUSD for close to like 90days , showing up each day and trading live account instead of demo.

i will talk about the demons later but for now

let me rest my hands

goodluck to you , trading is the best way to the life you’ve always dream of
let’s not quit

but focus on the process till it becomes our SUCCESS

2 Likes

Hi @Love88,

Thanks for your correction. That was my mistake. It should be USDXXX goes down. :pray:

We need to train our eyes. Look for market structure before looking for entry. Technical Analysis is actually pretty easy, we need to know how market work.

A beginner is better not to mix technical and fundamental. Just stick to technical first. If we hit a loss, leave it alone, move to next signal. Mixing with fundamental, will lead to more confusions.
When you can determine market structure and having good trading methodology, then you can start to learn how fundamental works. It’s about correlation between market, politic and economic between countries.

2 Likes

@TYGMedia,

Noted yours with many Thanks, Brother…

I will remember this… :blush:

Have a great weekend… :blush:

1 Like

Hey Love88,

Are you still using a demo account? I hope you are. You sound like a newbie trader in the market, and I strongly recommend that you stop working with your previous Forex manager. What kind of Forex manager lets a client’s account get wiped out in just 2 days? That’s simply irresponsible. It sounds like they traded with overly large positions to chase big profits, knowing they’d get a 50/50 split with you.

Here’s what I recommend:

1. Take a break: Step away from the market for a few days to reflect on the mistakes you’ve made. Remember them and learn how to avoid repeating them in the future (your mistake was trading with positions that were too large).

2. Educate yourself: Learn more about trading. Study market structure and find a simple trading system that suits you.

3. Backtest your system: Once you find a trading system that seems right, backtest it on historical charts for a long period, aiming for data on at least 500 to 1,000 trades. This will help you see if your strategy is effective over time. If the backtest shows it’s profitable, great—you can use it. If it shows losses, consider optimizing the system. Check if you’re trading in the wrong market conditions and see where the setup tends to fail. Adjust the risk-to-reward ratio if needed. If, after optimization, you’re still facing losses, you can either post your system here for feedback or choose a different one. This process is tedious, but it’s crucial for building confidence in your trading and familiarizing yourself with the setup that will ultimately make you money. Going through backtesting will prevent you from feeling tired and confused, wondering why your setups often go against you, run a little profit, and then reverse.

4. Demo trade in live market conditions: After backtesting and finding a profitable trading system, try it out in a demo account under live market conditions. And remember, 3 days is far too early to judge anything! Even experienced traders have consecutive losing days. That’s why backtesting over 500 to 1,000 trades is so important. Demo trading will help you avoid real financial losses and build your confidence. Even if you find demo trading tedious and decide to switch to a real account, don’t risk more than 1% of your capital per trade (this is for traders who don’t enter multiple trades per day). If you take many trades daily, see if you can optimize your system further by being more selective with the setups you choose. I recommend risking only 0.25% to 0.5% per trade. Trading small sizes ensures that even if you experience consecutive losses, your account won’t suffer too much. This way, you’ll never lose your account in just 2 days again! I know the gains might seem slow and the profits small, but accumulation makes a big difference. Even earning just 0.25% of your capital per day is significant—compare it to bank interest rates, and you’ll see the difference.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yeah I will try
EURUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD and GBPUSD.

I usually also check USDJPY and also AUDUSD NZDUSD too.

It’s true gold and futures are extreme.

honestly I feel USDCHF, USDCAD are weird too.

Recently I just feel markets are not going right. Too choppy and too many consolidations, hard to find entry. So many sudden drops or going up.
No wonder it’s Fed Cut rate.

I see so many other people posts are here, it’s hard to keep track.

Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

@Thubay,

Yes, This helps a lot… :blush:
I am using real account but with smaller amount :blush: while forward testing my strategy.
No worries, I will not trust my hard earned money to forex manager anymore.

I will do all your advice.

I can’t Thank you enough for your precious advice, Brother… :blush:

Have a nice day…

Dear Princess014,

I am sorry that this might not helping. My advice is only do what makes you happy.

If you think, you are not happy this time then get out of this kind of life. But, of course you will need to sacrifice your comfort zone, be brave and ready to work hard to achieve the life that you want.

I, personally do not like long distance for a long term relationship. What is the purpose of being in relationship, if you can not be together and take care of each other.

Wish you good luck, Princess…
Be strong… :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your advice.

The biggest doubt that I have on my husband right now is my death certificate fraud case in Japan. My husband said he didn’t make my death certificate, should I trust him?

Now I not even have Japan residence card because I said he cancel it…

I checked online in order to cancel death certificate, maybe have to go through court process, not 100 cancel or not…

He said even not cancel, he will register marriage again in Pakistan, can I trust him?

My husband said he will come here Pakistan and living with me after we solve all the problems in Japan… should I trust him?(after so many years seperate)

It’s true you said in order to live alone, need hard work everything, that’s why I hesitate to divorce…

Im thinking about whether I staying in Pakistan or going back to Canada, but everyday I change and hard to decide, what you think?

What do you think of all of these?
I hope you reply in details one by one…

I think that (however much we sympathise and want to help) more-or-less random strangers in a forum are not the best people to advise you. We can’t really know.

The “death certificate” business you mentioned sounds completely weird and I’d (confidently) guess that it’s very far outside the knowledge or experience of anyone here who can reply to you.

I don’t know. I don’t understand how anyone here could know the answer to this, other than saying that maybe the circumstances sound suspicious.

I don’t know. I don’t understand how anyone here could know the answer to this, other than saying that maybe the circumstances sound suspicious.

Is there some kind of advisory or counselling service available to you, where you live, where they might be more familiar with dealing with this kind of situation?

1 Like

Dear Princess014,

Re: Death Certificate
Who will fake your death certificate? who will get the most benefit in doing this?
can you trust him or not. You knows well your husband, at least much better than me :blush:. If you really trust him, you will not have this doubt. See his actions not his words.

Action speak louder than words.

Lets say, He is really doing all of these. Would you leave him? If not, why bother? Just pretend you don’t know anything and live a peaceful life in Pakistan.

or if you tired of all of these and want a new life, just move on, back to Canada or another country and don’t look back. (need to be brave and strong to be out from comfort zone, are you ready for that?)

I am sorry, I don’t really understand your situation. Just trying to answer this based on my view.

Have a nice day, Princess… :blush:

2 Likes