I tried out a personality quiz for my trading style

I was just looking through the School of Pipsology :nerd: , and I kinda decided to have a bit of fun and try out the personality quizzes again. :slight_smile: :nerd: I also wanted to check if anythingā€™s changed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember it said I was a scalper in my earlier tries so thatā€™s the style Iā€™ve been trying (and failing) to trade on my demo. But now, it says Iā€™m a day trader. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I should try that style out too, see which fits better!

Donā€™t worry! :slight_smile: I know that these shouldnā€™t be taken so seriously. But, this just got me curious. How did you guys know/ decide which trading style to use? :stuck_out_tongue: Did you just choose one and made it work or were you guys more experimental? Did you try using personality quizzes like these? :smiley:

1 Like

For me, I am a scalper; since I am more comfortable with the scalping rather than swing trading.

1 Like

I am comfortable with day trading with swing pattern.

1 Like

Hi @ria_rose ā€¦ Yes I have used the personality quiz while completing school of Pipsology. It suggested my style as ā€œHybrid System Swing Traderā€.

I have experimented on Swing as well as Day Trading styles and found that my primary style is Swing Trading which suits to my personality. However I do Day Trading when I see an opportunity to trade.

1 Like

I tried it, it says Iā€™m a Swing trader.

You are the patient type of trader who doesnā€™t mind holding on to trades for several days, which is why you could make a great swing trader.

I just need to find out if I will be comfortable with this style of trading. :slight_smile:

Well, nice to know! I think, your are working with D1 time frame mainly, isnā€™t?

The personality quiz helped me emphasize the style i was already using and the pairs i was already trading.
I am a swing trader trading mainly Majors, gold and Oil and thatā€™s what the quiz said.

And by the way, there is no way of knowing what some of the questions mean as they are not even related to trading.

1 Like

Oh. Thatā€™s interesting! :smiley: So I guess, in a way, the quiz was right? Hahaha. :blush:

I want to experiment with the styles too, just to see which would work best for me. Huhu. :nerd: Is that weird? lol

1 Like

I see! :slight_smile: Did you also try personality quizzes? Haha. :smiley: Or did you just go straight to experimenting? :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s cool! Hahaha. :slight_smile: Let us know how that style works for you once you get around to trying it! :smiley:

Hahaha. :smiley: I think theyā€™re just trying to gauge what kind of person you are or something. :stuck_out_tongue: But, itā€™s great that it kinda reinforced the style youā€™re already used to. :))

Not at all; thank you.

Yes, For analysis I use D1 time frame. But for taking an entry I look H1 or lower time frame.

Nice try, same here! Although I use M5 mainly, but sometimes M30 & H1 as like you. Thank you.

@ria_rose Well, of course you should experiment on your trading styles. After all, this will help you expand your knowledge. Who cares if the reason is a fun personal quiz? :smiley: Trading inspiration can come from all kind of sources. Did you try any new styles so far?

1 Like

Haha! Thatā€™s true @sebastiano! :slight_smile: Iā€™m all for experimenting, even because of personality quizzes. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha. :smiley: Hmm. Iā€™ve tried scalping (didnā€™t work much for me). :sweat_smile: Now Iā€™m gonna play with day trading. :sweat: I want to give each style at least a couple of months so I could get a better feel. :stuck_out_tongue: What do you think? Huhu.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a good idea. After all, since you are still new itā€™s better to familiarize yourself with different styles so you can decide which suits you best. I donā€™t like scalping either, I am more fond of swing trading and day trading. But I still experiment from time to time with other styles because I like to combine different strategies.

Trading is not an easy job to do and it ia never a shortcut to gain success quickly. You have to struggle a lot in order to gain a place among the successful traders. You have to ask questions to yourself after each and every trade you execute. Thank you!

I learn a lot from my own performance , when there is no body to guide you ,your profit and loss are every thing that say you think again and again how to improve this . I ask my self why loss occurred where I was no right . I have to do better for trading analysis these things help traders a lot to become a good trader in next days.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to hear! :smiley: From what Iā€™ve learned here, retrospection really goes a long way because it makes you realize what went wrong and what you could do to improve your strategy. :smiley: :blush: