I tried to stay away from the internet or social media

Hello BP! I missed you guys! I missed being here! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been inactive for a couple of weeks (?) because I deliberately tried to stay away from the internet, especially social media. :sweat: Iā€™m also so sorry if I havenā€™t been demo trading for a while now! :frowning: Sorry for disappointing you guys.

I felt discouraged and demotivated these past couple of weeks. Itā€™s mostly because my social media feed used to be filled with disheartening news about whatā€™s going on in my country (and actually the world in general) :cry: :cry: and people fighting everywhere. I guess, I still have to toughen up to not let these things discourage me from achieving my goals. :cold_sweat:

Still, I think itā€™s a good thing that I have this community to be my refuge. :blush: At least, there arenā€™t a lot of disheartening news here or people fighting. Hahaha. :smile:

Iā€™ll try to focus on my demo trading now and keep my head in the game! :smiley: Iā€™m sorry for being a softie.

7 Likes

Maligayang pagbabalik!

1 Like

Keep away from social media, it is the biggest waste of time and positive energy yet invented.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s something sunny to brighten your day. Today is the summer solstice and the longest day here in the northern hemisphere. Tonight, here in the North, the sun will not set at all, but just kisses the treeline and starts to rise again for tomorrow - it is a magic time! :smiley:

6 Likes

I have missed you @ria_rose :confused: Good to see you back :relaxed:

Iā€™m not sure that you ā€œneed to toughen upā€ - There is nothing wrong IMO with compassion and humanity. :sunglasses:

Nothing wrong either with trying to redress balances where you see apparent injustice - as I do sometimes in some threads, if it can be done - without detriment to yourself or connections.

However, it might help to realise that the injustices you see are NOT _ ā€œyour faultā€ - so you have no reason to feel guilty about them. No point ! You cannot change them by changing the way you live your life, so there is no reason for you to internalise ā€œGUILTā€ - A lot of people do that and it can wreck your life just ā€œfeeling badā€ about the state of the world.

You cannot cure all the ills of the whle world, so think more about the lovely person we all know as @ria_rose and how you can make that nice person happy.

Your job is to feel as happy as you can and to learn how to ā€œtrade wellā€ :relaxed:

You can learn more about changing the way you think about things in ā€œTransactional Analysisā€ - If you want to.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-You-Say-After-Hello/dp/055209806X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529577806&sr=8-1&keywords=what+do+you+say+after+you+say+hello

In the meanwhile if you delete your cookies, it might help to reset the junk your social media feeds you ! :wink:

All the best girl.

F

4 Likes

Ah, sorry to hear about your pain and welcome back.
So what are you new trading goals?

Yes, social media can be a pain indeed so it is good that you took a break. Sometimes we donā€™t realize how we become addicted to it until the day we overburn. So whenever you feel that way, step back, take a deep breath and do whatever makes you feel relaxed and satisfied. Breaks from social media and trading can be quite helpful actually. I hope you feel a lot better now and remember that being compassionate doesnā€™t make you a ā€œsoftieā€ :smiley:

3 Likes

I am glad that youā€™re back now. We all missed you and your sunny personality. Welcome back. :smiley:

Which country you from US?

Social media and even forums like these have a way of bringing out the worst in usā€¦or bringing out the worst people.

Its like pulling back the curtain and seeing how people really thinkā€¦

OMG!!! :blush: :blush:

YOU SPOKE IN TAGALOG! Haha. :slight_smile: Salamat!

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve come to realize too. :frowning: Iā€™m trying to veer away from it one step at a time since I feel that Iā€™ve just become so used to checking my social media accounts that itā€™s become a big part of my life. :cry: :cry:

Awwww! :blush: :sun_with_face: Thank you so much @anon46773462! Your photos never fail to brighten up my day (even if itā€™s actually night time here. Lol) This is lovely. :blush: Really makes you look at the good things, instead of the bad.

1 Like

This is so sweet @Falstaff! :heart: I missed you too. :frowning: You, and your clever jokes. Thank you so much for the kind words. I canā€™t explain how much I appreciate it! :cry: :cry: I was actually kinda afraid to post this because you guys might think that Iā€™m the ā€œweak linkā€ in the community because I let these things get to me.

But thank you guys for the warm warm welcome. Iā€™m home and I really appreciate you all! :cry:

@James.F, thank you! :slight_smile: Now, my goal is to allot more time to demo trading. Iā€™ve been caught up with a lot of things so I practically went on a break there too. :frowning:

@sebastiano, huhuhu I agree! :frowning: You donā€™t realize it until you wake up one day realizing that thereā€™s nothing you look forward to on social media anymore because it just ruins your day. :cry: The challenge is of course how I could stay away from social media, but not the internet altogether. Huhu.

@mlawson71! Itā€™s good to be back!!! :smiley: Thank youuu. Huhu. I missed you all too. :frowning:

@DRFXTRADING, Iā€™m from the Philippines. :smiley: I agree. :frowning: People seem to just dump all their toxicity on their social media rants.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œria_rose, post:10, topic:152394ā€]
OMG!!! :blush: :blush:

YOU SPOKE IN TAGALOG! Haha. :slight_smile: Salamat!
[/quote]ā€Ž

Walang anuman. I had a friend from the Philippines and she taught me some Tagalog.

It was nice meeting you and I look forward to chatting more in the near future!

1 Like

Welcome back! Iā€™m not a social media fan. I feel like itā€™s a really big time waster, but I do keep social media accounts because itā€™s so much easier to reach people on social media. All the best. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome CoinLady! :slight_smile: I just actually deactivated my Facebook account for now. :blush: I feel so much lighter, not having to see posts of people cursing at each other and questioning each otherā€™s intellect. :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m just not sure how long Iā€™d last without it. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Itā€™s true, people often lose all inhibitions online because of the anonymity social media provides. They can be as nasty as they want because no one knows them. Itā€™s an awful thing to do, the person on the other end is just as real as them and their words hurt just as much as they would in real life. :frowning:

4 Likes

I wonder if this Nimrod has changed after this encounter. Sometimes, people truly suck.

EDIT: Welcome back @ria_rose! Hope to see more of your cheerful posts here.

2 Likes

Welcome back buddy! It is really a difficult thing to stay away from the social media platforms in the recent era. I can not even imagine my life without the internet as I love to spend time here. What do you think about it, am I saying right?

1 Like